GFS dream 90 pickups... which way is up???

bluesboy

• Members

So I went to install my dream 90's in my LP studio and then realized that my brother has my soldering gun (side note) but i also noticed that I wasn't sure which way to put in the pickup (if you flip it 180 degrees it looks the same) and Im pretty sure this will effect sound. So the wire that comes out of the back is on one side... any ideas which way to put these babies in? I will try it tongiht after i get my soldering gun back :cool:

• Members

Originally posted by LithiumZero

The wire goes toward the control cavity. In other words, if you put the guitar on your lap face up with the neck pointing left the side with the wire goes away from you.

awesome.. thank you very much!

• Members
Originally posted by bluesboy

So I went to install my dream 90's in my LP studio and then realized that my brother has my soldering gun (side note) but i also noticed that I wasn't sure which way to put in the pickup (if you flip it 180 degrees it looks the same) and Im pretty sure this will effect sound. So the wire that comes out of the back is on one side... any ideas which way to put these babies in? I will try it tongiht after i get my soldering gun back
:cool:

Why do you think it will affect the sound?

• Members

Originally posted by tlbonehead

Why do you think it will affect the sound?

I thought that the pole pieces were at different heights, kind of like a staggered single coil. Maybe not though... I guess i was thinking of gibson pickups and how they go in with a certain orientation... that's all

• Members

I thought that the pole pieces were at different heights, kind of like a staggered single coil. Maybe not though... I guess i was thinking of gibson pickups and how they go in with a certain orientation... that's all

The pole pieces on the Dream 90's are adjustable. It wouldn't matter technically which direction you put it on, since you could adjust the individual pole pieces after it is installed, but making the leads face the control cavity is just easier and makes more sense.

• Members

awesome.. thank you very much!

Let us know what you think of these Pups. I was thinking about putting one in my SG, because my stock neck HB has developed a feed back problem and I'd like a little more treble in the neck position, since I use this guitar for my Palm Pedal steel guitar effects which is one of my specialities.

Archived