What is a very clean ss amp?

Bassified

• Members

Perhaps in the range of 30-75 watts and lightweight and convenient. Something like a Vox or Fender clean amp, but specifically solid state clean.

Thinking about using a SansAmp GT2 or some kind of distortion box to push the amp.

Currently using a Vox Pathfinder and getting good results. Might think about hooking up a cab, but that doesn't make it lightweight and convenient anymore. Vox + strat = nice cleans.

• Members

Originally posted by cooterbrown

Roland Cube 60 ...seriously.

If you can't afford a Roland JC, the Cubes are the next best thing.

I'm not sure if I want to buy a JC clean even if I could afford it. Basically because of the weight. How heavy are these things? I'm looking at 40 lbs max and giggable.

• Members

Originally posted by mister kyo

just curious, why are you pushing for fender?

Well, just looking for a bright clean. I thought Fender is universal for its cleans. The deluxe stuff seems pretty cool. I should play it though.

How about the 22 watt Fender tube?

• Members

Originally posted by Bassified

When the GT2 is not plugged in, can you still play through a PE60?

No, it doesn't have a preamp. But you could get a Trademark 60, which is sort of like a GT-2 with spring reverb and a 60 watt power amp with a 12" speaker. If you want more volume the Trademark 60 can feed a Power engine 60 to give you 120 watts and 2 12" speakers.

The TM60 is a really good sounding amp IMO. It's also got a balaced XLR output jack so you can go direct to a PA or recording device without micing it.

• Members

Originally posted by Eric Martin

No, it doesn't have a preamp. But you could get a Trademark 60, which is sort of like a GT-2 with spring reverb and a 60 watt power amp with a 12" speaker. If you want more volume the Trademark 60 can feed a Power engine 60 to give you 120 watts and 2 12" speakers.

The TM60 is a really good sounding amp IMO. It's also got a balaced XLR output jack so you can go direct to a PA or recording device without micing it.

I'd say the Tech 21 TM60 or a Line 6 Flextone III (which has a number of fantastic clean amp models). If you want to spend $350 instead of $550 then the Roland Cube 60 is probably the best choice, also very small.

Archived