OT: Whatever, man.

droolmaster0

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I only know that once I'm dead and go to hell for all the boozing, pot smoking, ghey-ing and ither stuff I've done, I do hope the devil himself will welcome me with a BBQ party where I can eat as much steak as I want and drink all the beer I can. Hell shouldn't be too bad
:lol:

wait you've gone out ghey-ing? well that changes everything. i mean, is that like antiquing?

• Members
There are no keyboards, only drums, and everyone is trying to teach themselves bass.

Only drums?! Damn, I'm going to love being in hell for all eternity!!! :thu::thu::thu:

Umm...I mean, oh darn, there's no keyboards or synths there. :facepalm:

This is a synth forum not a drum forum, this is a synth forum not a drum forum, this is a synth forum not a drum forum, this is a synth forum not a drum forum, this is a synth forum not a drum forum, this is a synth forum not a drum forum, this is a synth forum not a drum forum, this is a synth forum not a drum forum.

There. I'm all better now. :)

• Members

none of this, including any scientific "theory" can really explain EVERYTHING. that is where faith comes in. I don't care if science ever PROVES that I don't exist. What a waste of my life to worry about what SCIENCE tells me I am. I'm much more than a scientific definition. Science can pigeon hole everything into matter or waves or whatever all it wants, but science can't touch all the rest of the stuff that science (and I) know nothing about. I can't tell you what else is out there either, but science can't see or quantify it, so it just doesn't exist. That's not good enough for me. :)

Droolmaster, I'd say anything is permissable here (except direct slander at people) as long as they let this thread stay open and we all stay civil. People DO read this stuff, and many find it important. Many more are not comfortable talking about it in the open. death is in the back of everyone's mind and when it is not, it's just being ignored or numbed out temporarily. We all know we are going to die off physically at some point. But few want to openly talk about it, and either deal with it, or vent those fears if they are fears. That doesn't mean we SHOULDN'T talk about it when the opportunity arises. Heck, the psychology field makes billions of dollars off that very discussion because people would rather talk to paid strangers than family and friends. Think about that. We SHOULD be talking about life and death with close family and friends because we are all in that same support group, that same boat: we all gonna die. Let's deal with it now, so we can live better and not fret about it from now until then. :)

If we are "made in God's image" and you suspect he has all these human issues like we do... well... I go back to my "there is no way I could ever comprehend all the things Gode deals with" so I choose to not burden myself with all that. If I could comprehend everything like God, my head would explode most likely. That's an issue you would want to deal with on your own. I can't help that. :) I have enough of my own, dumb, human, personal baggage to deal with, I don't want God's also. :D

Could you explain what the simple rules repeated by cults as jargon is about? I'm not sure what you refer to. Do you mean the rules I wrote earlier about being nice and all that?

• Members

Could you explain what the simple rules repeated by cults as jargon is about? I'm not sure what you refer to. Do you mean the rules I wrote earlier about being nice and all that?

No - this doesn't refer at all to anything that you've said. I think that in general, when you talk to someone, you try to use common terminology. You can always tell the people who understand a particular field very well - they are usually the ones who can explain complex concepts in terms that others can understand (when it is possible of course) rather than throwing around a bunch of big words, or buzz phrases etc that are pretty much unique to that field. And if you don't think that what these people are really deeply religious, then I think that a 'cult' is an apt designation. But now I'm in trouble again.

• Members

Drool I totally agree there are various cults, and religions that are kinda, well pretty obviously junk, fake, made for profit and what not (cough SCIENTOLOGY made up by a science fiction writer cough). and there are christians that even treat christianity as a cult also. I guess there are dangerous and misled people everywhere (IM NOT TALKING ABOUT ANYONE ON THIS FORUM!!).

There are even people who are in a cult religiously and won't or can't even admit it to themselves. Probably the largest hidden cult I've discovered is blindly sucking away people's time and even money because they are programmed to spend money in certain ways via repetitions of mental and emotional bombardments. I see people blindly giving themselves over to ritualistic worship practices every day for hours on end, and half the time these people don't even know they are trading their precious life's short time span for an emptied mind and a vacant stare while ingesting hour after hour of soul poisons. they follow their leader's ideologies subliminally, without question, and try to nourish themselves on the pain and terror from other people's experiences - which, by itself ought to be considered a mental illness in need of correction. but it goes on and on every day to people we know, even close loved ones ROBBING Them of their precious time. Yet nobody will publically recognize television as a dangerous cult or religion because we all partake of it as part of our lifestyle and don't want it to go away. But once you escape it's grasp (takes about 30 days to detox) only then, can you truly see it for what it really is: a religion and a cult.

http://www.bls.gov/news.release/atus.nr0.htm

--Watching TV was the leisure activity that occupied the most time

(2.8 hours per day), accounting for about half of leisure time,

on average, for those age 15 and over.

ALMOST THREE HOURS A DAY!! BY CHOICE!!! (average) I regained by deleting my TV channels (now I watch too many Blu-rays hahahaha!) Church is only like 1.5 hours PER WEEK. Now, which one is more cultish?? ;)

You're not in trouble. There can also be communication issues. Like you said some people are decent at explaining things in a way others can easily understand. other people are so far over my head I can't understand them at all. Like when someone GREAT at programming synths tries to tell me something, usually their NORMAL speed is twice my understanding and I don't follow what they are trying to say. they get frustrated outwardly over my lack of understanding, and also inwardly at their inability to properly word it to help me out. meanwhile others have a knack for dumbing something down for me. But I wouldn't discount the GREAT synth programmer as being off his crock because WE are not communicating well. I'd probably just move on to another teacher whom I connect with better. maybe that's a slower learning process but it works for me to gradually absorb something.

Something I notice about PEOPLE is there is good and bad in EVERY facet of everything. Churches too. For every 1000 good hearted christians, there is a priest that molests or someone doctoring the accounting books and pocketing church funds. People are just sadly that way. And that is every business also, not just church/religion stuff. BUT.... I see people approach churches looking for the BAD PEOPLE first. And when you look for that, you WILL find it. But ya don't go, "SEE??? All that niceness isn't working!" You got to realize people are PEOPLE, not gods, not perfect, not the example of how to live, NOT who you should look at to see if religion and bible stuff works or not. PEOPLE will always let you down. That's where (uh oh, I'm getting preachy here) that's where the Jesus example comes in. He did it right. Turn the other cheek, love your enemies etc etc etc and proved that it works best that way.... not regular people. Many people go to a church and look to the preacher to BE a god and never do wrong. True he ought to strive very hard to be a great example, but in the end, he is STILL a faulty human and shouldn't be put on a pedistol

I play a bunch of video games. When I get a new one, I don't join the online gaming with other players and immediatly try to find all the cheaters and hackers. Then I find a few and go, "SEE?? Everyone here is cheaters!" and quit the game forever because of it. I know that *I* get something positive and fun out of the game and UNDERSTAND there WILL BE a number of bad apples on board also. but the bad apples do not represent everyone else that is playing the games. heck, most other gamers are exactly like me: new and trying to figure it all out. :)

man, I can ramble on can't I?? Sorry bout that. Oh well. I must be enjoying ranting on my angle of religion and such here also. :)

Archived