OT - Got caught... 33mph through a 30!!!

satannica

• Members
Originally posted by potaetoes

you really don't need to add "225bhp!!!omg!!!" to all your posts... it might be a lot over there, but most places it's not worth boasting about.

+1

Everythings smaller in the UK, in america, their cars start at 6 litre muscle trucks :D

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

You should all be {censored}in thankful in your countries you have at LEAST a 10% range of error..

Here in Victoria Australia our government allow a 3kmh leeway.. Yes.. If its a 110Kmh zone, you do over 113kmh you get zapped... THREE {censored}IN KILOMETERS AN HOUR.. thats less than a speedo needle width.

Thats 1.8mph...

I got pinged driving at 104kmh on a 4 lane freeway on a perfect sunny day.. with no traffic and unlimited visibility.. Coming back from a {censored}in advanced driver training course..

{censored} that.. Its why I sold my Ducati and bought a Harley.. Fun police make it too hard..

• Members

Brutha; if you live in England, forget it. You're caught. Done. Marks on your license. Period.

My wife is British, so I have been to the UK many, many times (we even have a house there). The UK has damn near as many cameras on the motorways as there are drivers. And it's not about keeping the motorways and streets safe; it's simply another way for the government to collect money without calling it a tax. Plain and simple.

• Members
Originally posted by satannica

Wish I floored it and made it worthwhile! {censored} it, if I'm going to get some single parent cop shouting at me about the {censored}ing children, wish I was doing 60 so when I hit the little brat I could at least do some proper damage... I {censored}ing hate cops... 33mph and you'd think I'd had the pope gang-raped! I went in to ask for certificate of calibration and she effectively told me to {censored} off, with the whole "What if there was a child in front of you? That speed is the difference between life and death, you know"...

NO... IT ISN'T. This is why I {censored}ing paid for ABS (A

• Members

Originally posted by Mr.Mow

You should all be {censored}in thankful in your countries you have at LEAST a 10% range of error..

Here in Victoria Australia our government allow a 3kmh leeway.. Yes.. If its a 110Kmh zone, you do over 113kmh you get zapped... THREE {censored}IN KILOMETERS AN HOUR.. thats less than a speedo needle width.

Thats 1.8mph...

I got pinged driving at 104kmh on a 4 lane freeway on a perfect sunny day.. with no traffic and unlimited visibility.. Coming back from a {censored}in advanced driver training course..

{censored} that.. Its why I sold my Ducati and bought a Harley.. Fun police make it too hard..

Victoria Police guidelines require a deduction of 2kmh or 3kmh from the speed reading displayed by prescribed speed measuring devices, depending which device was used. This is to avoid contested cases where the only argument in court is in respect of the the accuracy of the police device to measure speed down to the last 1kmh. The 2 or 3kmh deduction is to take into account potential inaccuracies in the police speed measuring equipment. i.e. the laser or radar device might be 1% over-reading. The 2kmh deduction allowed for by the police is not intended to provide any allowance for potential inaccuracies in motorists' speedos, although they will allege that it has that effect.

Ouch.

edit: That was a quote from a road law website written by a law firm in VIC. Not ME. There was a MASSIVE section on innacurate speedo's. It is a defense - but you have to prove that your speedo is wrong. And then you have to have it fixed straight away. Also - you still get the ticket - you have to fight it in court that way and it can still be upheld if they believe you knew it was out. You dont get the fabled 10%. You get a ticket for everything and can then fight it. I didnt know that.

• Members

Originally posted by Hegmatronicon

Victoria Police guidelines require a deduction of 2kmh or 3kmh from the speed reading displayed by prescribed speed measuring devices, depending which device was used. This is to avoid contested cases where the only argument in court is in respect of the the accuracy of the police device to measure speed down to the last 1kmh. The 2 or 3kmh deduction is to take into account potential inaccuracies in the police speed measuring equipment. i.e. the laser or radar device might be 1% over-reading. The 2kmh deduction allowed for by the police is not intended to provide any allowance for potential inaccuracies in motorists' speedos, although they will allege that it has that effect.

Ouch.

edit: That was a quote from a road law website written by a law firm in VIC. Not ME. There was a MASSIVE section on innacurate speedo's. It is a defense - but you have to prove that your speedo is wrong. And then you have to have it fixed straight away. Also - you still get the ticket - you have to fight it in court that way and it can still be upheld if they believe you knew it was out. You dont get the fabled 10%. You get a ticket for everything and can then fight it. I didnt know that.

What makes it worse is the Australian Design Regulations state that a speedo must be at least 10% accurate..

Keep in mind if your speedo is out by 10% (legally) and maybe your tyres are worn down which can throw it out again you could get royally screwed.

Its ridiculous, Vic Police say its 'your problem to get your speedo accurate', however manufacturers will just tell you its 'within tolerance'.

Hell, my brand new car is 8% out, we checked it.. But its legally within tolerance..

{censored} our government and all the assholes who just revoted the piggy eyed little {censored} back in..

• Members

Originally posted by Big Hair

I vote we all move to Germany where they dont have ridiculous speed limits.

The autobahns are so much better and smoother running than our clogged motorways

There's that, but Autobahn drivers receive more training as well.

• Members

over here in Norway we have probably the most insane fines in the world.

if you talk in your cell, it's 100$
if you drive without a seatbelt, you get a 100$ fine.
1-5 km over the limit, 100$
20-25 km over the limit 1000$

if you drive on red, you'll get about 800 bucks.

and of course, you'll get a nice mark on your license :)

• Members

Perfect example of why it sucks to get pulled over by a woman, they are {censored}ing cunts!!! I think it has to do with the fact that they feel the need to prove themselves tough and capable, so they dont let people slide as easily as the guys do.

• Members

15 points on my license, That was after half the tickets were cleared with the 7000$ lawyer. The rest i couldnt afford and I imagine id have alot more points on it if i hadnt had him through the first half of the tickets. (32 tickets in total).

so yeah. Still there, doing that.
license = non existant.

• Members

Originally posted by Craigy

hows that pal?? i was sure you had an allowance of 10% in a 30 zone ie 33 ??

Nope, you're allowed zero over. I asked the bitch from hell cop in the station, the guy I phoned to pay my fine and the guy who's sorting me out the calibration cert on the camera. All of them say its 0mph over. None. Nada. Zip. Your speedometer should be accurate and if its not your car is not roadworthy. Its not their problem if your speedo is dodgy, its yours. Tough {censored} man. I always thought you were allowed a certain percentage over too, but hey, whaddyaknow.

• Members

Originally posted by DirtyBird

Do you race?!

Yes. I haven't raced in a few years now. Full time job and junk. Plus I wrecked my car at an event. Plus I think guitar is more important to me.

BTW, I wasn't trying to suggest that my racing license or advanced drivers in some way absolved me from guilt, I was just pissed when the cop was trying to make me out as a child killer and that I've no idea what I'm doing.

• Members

Originally posted by satannica

Nope, you're allowed zero over. I asked the bitch from hell cop in the station, the guy I phoned to pay my fine and the guy who's sorting me out the calibration cert on the camera. All of them say its 0mph over. None. Nada. Zip. Your speedometer should be accurate and if its not your car is not roadworthy. Its not their problem if your speedo is dodgy, its yours. Tough {censored} man. I always thought you were allowed a certain percentage over too, but hey, whaddyaknow.

That's why I asked earlier if it doesn't apply to fixed cameras. I'm sure that handhelds at the very least have to have some discretion applied. My mate got pulled by a bloke with a speed gun, doing at least 40 in a 30, and he got led off with a condescending lecture.

• Members

Originally posted by TheDarxide

That's why I asked earlier if it doesn't apply to fixed cameras. I'm sure that handhelds at the very least have to have some discretion applied. My mate got pulled by a bloke with a speed gun, doing at least 40 in a 30, and he got led off with a condescending lecture.

Yer, I think there's a little more lee-way with a human involved. These camera dealies are all automatic.

Archived