OT - Got caught... 33mph through a 30!!!

satannica

• Members

Wish I floored it and made it worthwhile! {censored} it, if I'm going to get some single parent cop shouting at me about the {censored}ing children, wish I was doing 60 so when I hit the little brat I could at least do some proper damage... I {censored}ing hate cops... 33mph and you'd think I'd had the pope gang-raped! I went in to ask for certificate of calibration and she effectively told me to {censored} off, with the whole "What if there was a child in front of you? That speed is the difference between life and death, you know"...

NO... IT ISN'T. This is why I {censored}ing paid for ABS (A

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

When i lived in America i got caught speeding in a 25mph zone. The cop pulled me over and asked me "Do you know what speed you were doing ?" I said "30-31" He said "FIFTY SEVEN MILES PER HOUR !!"

I was delivering pizzas. He said "What does that say on the side of your car ?" "What ?" "It says free delivery, not fast delivery" !! I had a European license so he let me off !

• Members

Originally posted by satannica

TBH, If I was caught doing 57 through a 30, I wouldn't feel so bad. I'd just be like, you're a stupid {censored}, pay up and learn from it... but THREE mph... its just sick!

Yeah. I know over here though you get let off if you are within 10% over the limit. so you can get away with 110 in a 100 zone, 66 in a 60 zone etc.. so you'd have been let off with it.

I was only speeding that time in America because i was out of petrol and there was a petrol station at the end of the road so i sped so if i ran out i could hopefully free-wheel there and wouldnt have to push !!

• Members

You're allowed 10%.... if you'd been going 32 you could have argued it. While I would be just as pissed in your situation, you were still braking [pun intended] the law.

"fine innocent drivers for MINOR infractions"

They're not innocent, and just because it's minor in your eyes doesn't mean it's okay.

I'm not supporting speed cameras per se, there's a few local to me in stupid places that have never even seen an accident. I am in favour of random vans with cameras however.

• Members

Originally posted by TheDarxide

You're allowed 10%.... if you'd been going 32 you could have argued it. While I would be just as pissed in your situation, you were still braking [pun intended] the law.

"fine innocent drivers for MINOR infractions"

They're not innocent, and just because it's minor in your eyes doesn't mean it's okay.

I'm not supporting speed cameras per se, there's a few local to me in stupid places that have never even seen an accident. I am in favour of random vans with cameras however.

You're saying you never downloaded an MP3, watched a "backup" movie round your mate's house, never done anything slightly illegal?

"They're not innocent, and just because it's minor in your eyes doesn't mean it's okay."

I take it you will be making a full and frank confession at your local police dept, then?

33mph IS minor! Have you ever travelled at 3mph? I mean, REALLY have you? Well let me tell you, most people walk faster!

Still though, it sucks, I been caught and I'm pissed. Ah well...

• Members

Originally posted by satannica

You're saying you never downloaded an MP3, watched a "backup" movie round your mate's house, never done anything slightly illegal?

"They're not innocent, and just because it's minor in your eyes doesn't mean it's okay."

I take it you will be making a full and frank confession at your local police dept, then?

33mph IS minor! Have you ever travelled at 3mph? I mean, REALLY have you? Well let me tell you, most people
walk
faster!

Still though, it sucks, I been caught and I'm pissed. Ah well...

I'm not saying I've never done anything illegal (looks over shoulder), the point is, where is the line drawn between ignoring "minor" infractions, and actually giving a crap.

• Members

Well to be honest, there should be reasonable thought involved. If that was a cop that had pulled me over, he'd have given me a grilling, told me off probably and that's it. I woulda learned my lesson, not wishing to exascerbate the situation and kept my foot off the gas a bit more.

This way, its cut and dry. You're not allowed 10% over. You're allow 0 over! That IS a fact! No excuses, its another example of a slave state!

As I had said, if I get caught doing 60mph in a 30, fair dues. If I get caught selling DVDs and DVDs full of pirate software/music/movies/whatever, fair dues. To me, its the same as a 13year old getting sued for downloading her favourite britney speares song... ludicrous and totally irreflective of the society today.

Jon

• Members

Originally posted by -todgemistro-

Thats {censored}ing stupid. I thought they actually have to have proof that the speedo was checked on that day, or it doesnt "count" because it could be inaccurate. 3mph over the speed limit is such a stupid thing to fine someone for.

The cop asked "Do you really think it will make a difference, sir? After all, sir, you were speeding"...

Its like I was asking her to put my cock in her mouth! And I hadn't washed in a few days!

• Members

I'm surprised they even bothered. 33 in a 30 would be laughed out of traffic court here.

It has to be, generally, about 10 mph over the limit to be worth it in fines.

And if we had a Les Paul for every cop who lied about what speed you were doing, we'd all be very happy, very rich guitarists. Fifty-seven indeed.

• Members

Theres a legal 10% allowance in the UK

Also the police officer NEEDED to show you proof of the speed police test on her car that morning, or you can walk free.

I got busted doing 60 through a 30 and was alowed to walk away because the cop forgot the test that morning.

EDIT: Already covered

If she couldnt show you the certificate, she cant give you the ticket, you know that?

if you got the ticket and she didnt show you the certificate, take her ass to court, seriously.

The {censored}ing police can eat my (undergraduate....) Law and Psychology degree.

• Members
Originally posted by AMSnell

Theres a legal 10% allowance in the UK

Also the police officer NEEDED to show you proof of the speed police test on her car that morning, or you can walk free.

I got busted doing 60 through a 30 and was alowed to walk away because the cop forgot the test that morning.

Your a bad man :D

• Members

I can see your point about it only being 33mph...but the bit where you say about abs and a racing license - sorry but no.

Just no.

3mph is 3mph - it may be not a big difference - but even if it takes you 3 feet more to stop than going 3mph LESS - what happens if someone just happened to be within 3 feet?

OR if you were going to hit them at 30mph and hit them hard - now ur doing 33mph....you hit them that little bit harder....if you still cant see my point - well - i hope nobody ever runs out in front of you, and i hope you never happen to be in a situation where you have to deal with that.

Stop whining - you will get off because of the variance in speedo's. Doesnt matter what the officer told you - i'm 90% sure you can get out of it.

Speeding is speeding.....but i still think you can get out of it.

Try.

Archived