OT - Got caught... 33mph through a 30!!!

satannica

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Originally posted by Aspect

10% is 33 surely
:confused:

Yeah, that's what I mean. She got done for 35 in a 30, because she was outside the 10%. And obviously didn't know about the +2mph.

Although, does all this not apply to fixed cameras? If you get a Fixed Penalty Notice through, to argue it, you have to go to court, and if you showed up and said "yes m'lord I was a speeding toe rag but technically i'm in the limit" i'm sure he'd laugh at you and then fine you anyway.

• Members

Originally posted by satannica

Is that definately law?

I need to know properly because if I'm going to argue, I need my {censored} together...

As an IT Pro, do you have any professional memberships such as BCS, IAP etc? I get free legal advice with both of those.

• Members
Originally posted by SirJackdeFuzz

Kinda OT :

. . . last year i got snaped by a camera, doing 177 in a 120 zone !

Thank phuk i do not go out on the streets with a number plate !!!

Still, it got me to ride slower for almost 2 weeks !

But that was last year, now the GSX-R is going like a freight train again
:thu:

:evil:

ummmm...

:freak:

• Members

A few years ago I was crusing around town, and some asshole in a mustang flew past me infront of a gas station

then a couple blocks down the road, there is a cop car waiting.

He pulls us both over, and a truck pulls up..some guy gets out and was like "yeah those are the 2 cars I just saw racing"

So the cop gives me a wreckless driving ticket...when I wasnt even do anything

the cop was completely dick about it, wouldn't even talk to me or listen to anything I had to say, SO I just told him make sure hes at the court date to save us both the trouble.

So I go to court, and apparently the guy in the truck was an off duty officer who saw the Mustang pass me..Of course they had this crazy detailed story about how we were both doing 70+ mph in a 25 and how I PASSED the mustang.

Then the other cop said he clocked us doing 20 MPH hour and how we slammed on brakes when we saw him.

COmplete bull{censored}. which the funny part was there story didn't even match the police report, and both cops said I was driving a blue monte carlo, when in fact I drove a black Cutlass.
So the judge lets off the wreckless driving ticket, but gives us both 15 over speeding tickets and gave me a following to closely ticket

I'm was still pissed and asked to see proof that was I speeding, and how I was following to closely if they don't even know which car was in front???

Judge told me if I had a problem with it to appeal it to the county court.

I should have..but I didnt have time. Figured it was just karma, since I have done some really dumb {censored} in a car before.

• Members

there's a difference between an "allowed leeway" and a guaranteed margin for speeding.

the sign didn't say 33, did it? you can read signs, right? so drive 30 when it says 30, or just pay your fine with some dignity instead of thowing a monumental hissyfit.

sure, everyone does stuff like that, but everyone *chooses* to do stuff like that. most of the time it goes unnoticed, but sometimes people get nailed. next time, gamble on something with a better payoff at least. was that 3mph really going to get you to your destination faster? do you just not feel cool driving at the posted speed, or what? is that not metal enough?

• Members
Originally posted by adiohead

i've got a clean licence and always speed (when it's safe to do so)
:)
just lucky i guess. they'll get me eventually.

how can i NOT speed with 225bhp
:D

VROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMM

you really don't need to add "225bhp!!!omg!!!" to all your posts... it might be a lot over there, but most places it's not worth boasting about.

• Members
Originally posted by Tungmesteren II

Well boo-frickety-hoo!
:cry:

You broke the law.

+1 satannica is the biggest {censored}ing crybaby I have ever seen. I'm surprised he isn't blaming this on the niggers and the towelheads.

"I'm a White male, for {censored}s sake, what do you MEAN I can't do anything I want???"

• Members

Got pulled over for driving too closely over Memorial Day weekend this summer. {censored}ing Texan (worst drivers in the world) was doing 65 in the left lane of a 75 mph highway and wouldn't get over. We have laws here preventing cars from camping in the passing lane and the stupid cop decided to pull me over...

I swear, a Texan sees a hill and their brain just shuts off...

Archived