How do you fire a female singer who has become overly attached to you?

guitardude24

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by bob the dentist

See also:
Arch Enemy has been going downhill since Angela joined

A matter of opinion, the lyrics arent as great, and yes they lost Chris but, hey i still like em.

ive liked the guitar work since they became a band back with Liva, But IMO as far as singers go angela has a better voice for the band, niether her nor Johan contributed all that much to the lyrics, call me a heritic, I really liked the new album,

• Members

Originally posted by bob the dentist

I like the chick from Walls Of Jericho.

that band is from around here...

i had a female friend who used to tell me all these stories about he candice would basicly do anyone.

i don't know if they're true or not, but hey, it makes it all that much more realistic for you right?

the girls are aloud to have fun too right?

{censored}, just look at Girlschool.

• Members

Originally posted by exafro

How about kick her out of your band but continue to write with her on the side?

+ 1, and that way if you ever get bored of the stuff your band will end up doing, she might still be there as a possible change of pace. And unless you've got something better going on, help her write and see if she can help you do something you want to do. :)

You could put it to her in such a way as:

Well, how ya' doin'? Anyway, I want to help you achieve your goals and have been doing some thinking; see, this band has a vision of playing a lot of music that won't take advantage of your decent style of vocals, so I'm thinking we're holding YOU back a bit as well as maybe some of the opposite, so I want to help you WHEN I HAVE THE TIME AND AM ABLE TO to write lyrics and maybe present some guitar ideas. And if I come into contact with other musicians I think that would fit your type of vocal style, I'll give them your contact, info, etc....

Maybe something like that would be a nice way to let her know it's not just her not working for your guys' gig, but the direction your music's going isn't going to be conductive to what she's wanting to do. Instead of making it sound like she's not good enough for you, just let her know there's a divergence and a split is for the best for her as well as your band. If she's kind of cute and/or has some potential sing her style fairly well, I wouldn't burn any bridges. It could come back to haunt you.

• Members

The problem is her attitude totally turns me off and I don't really want to write with her...

She only writes about the same thing-->being depressed because she lost "the one"

It's lame and EMO.

Plus, my girlfriend can sing her fine ass off and I want to write music with her! I dont' want to waste my idea's on this girl.

I've decided I'm just gonna get together with her, and the other 2 guys in the band and just say, "hey, we want to go into a different direction and your voice can't handle what we wan't to do, so we are going to look for a different vocalist who meets the style and our needs better. No hard feelings, we just need someone different."

Tada...hope she doesn't turn out to be a psycho girl and kill me in my sleep!

• Members

Originally posted by guitardude24

The problem is her attitude totally turns me off and I don't really want to write with her...

She only writes about the same thing-->being depressed because she lost "the one"

It's lame and EMO.

Plus, my girlfriend can sing her fine ass off and I want to write music with her! I dont' want to waste my idea's on this girl.

I've decided I'm just gonna get together with her, and the other 2 guys in the band and just say, "hey, we want to go into a different direction and your voice can't handle what we wan't to do, so we are going to look for a different vocalist who meets the style and our needs better. No hard feelings, we just need someone different."

Tada...hope she doesn't turn out to be a psycho girl and kill me in my sleep!

Ah; I didn't know you had a girlfriend or that the other girl annoyed you quite that much. Sorry about that. I still would try to be as nice about it as possible while still being solid. IOW, I'd tell her something like she's got a cool vision but it's different than your band's own vision. You can tell her it's not just you but also the band as a whole has decided it's starting to feel a better sense of where it's wanting to go and that the roads are just diverging. You could still tell her you'll keep an eye open for any other musicians that might work out with her to kind of help keep it on a cool level while still giving her the message that she's not a part of the band. If she's really all that lame, though, maybe you can just be blunt and brutal while still telling her she can at least take that situation and use it for future emo lyrics.

• Members

first of all original thread starter dude... youre an idiot.

never post pictures of your girlfriend on the {censored}ing internet.

first time on a computer or something?? jesus.

second, unless you dislike someone immensly and want to {censored} them up.. dont post pictures of random people youre talking {censored} about.

that poor girl in your band probably thinks your a cool guy and a good musician, and i hate to say it, but probably considers you a friend.

you just basically mocked her, and then put a picture up so a few thousand forum nerds can mock her as well.

anyway, the solution to your problem is simple, and obvious.

you know that girlfriend you just showed us all? tell your singer that your ol lady is getting jealous and paranoid because youre spending too much time with another broad. tell her she doesnt understand and youve tried to explain, but at the end of the day you are not willing to risk your relationship for the sake of the band, and sorry sister buts its me or you, and its my band, so youre out. end of story.

now for something slightly related... about 15 years ago I was singing in a band... total{censored}ing metal, and we had just did a show at some bar that happened to be doing a live radio remote for thier anniversary or something... I had to leave because i had to work the next morning, so Im driving home withmy girlfriend at the time and were listening to the station that was broadcasting from the club we just played. I guess I wanted to hear the DJ mention how badass we were or something.

imagine my suprise when my bass player gets on the mic, on the biggest rock station in town on a saturday night, and announces to the whole city that it was thier singers last show (me)..and that they had a new guy coming in and a bunch of gigs lined up etc etc.

I think I {censored} a little bit in my pants. i mean, i could barely breathe. stunned, shocked, sad, betrayed, and furious. I slammed on the brakes, turned around, and raced across town to meet them at our practice pad while they were unloading.

inretrospect it was everyones fault for keeping the big secret, but i walked right up to the bass player and punched him in his fat greasy mouth. we went down into the mud and everyone jumped on me and I got my arm dislocated so Im rolling around with 6 assholes trying to kill them all with my arm hanging off me like a gimp..and needless to say it didnt go well from there..

the point is... if you backstab, or conspire to do someone wrong, or publicly humiliate someone when they dont deserve it...it can get real ugly real easy. self esteem is nothing you want to mess with.

now get some ethics, and lie to spare this girls feelings.

• Members

Originally posted by minorseventh

first of all original thread starter dude... youre an idiot.

never post pictures of your girlfriend on the {censored}ing internet.

first time on a computer or something?? jesus.

second, unless you dislike someone immensly and want to {censored} them up.. dont post pictures of random people youre talking {censored} about.

that poor girl in your band probably thinks your a cool guy and a good musician, and i hate to say it, but probably considers you a friend.

you just basically mocked her, and then put a picture up so a few thousand forum nerds can mock her as well.

anyway, the solution to your problem is simple, and obvious.

you know that girlfriend you just showed us all? tell your singer that your ol lady is getting jealous and paranoid because youre spending too much time with another broad. tell her she doesnt understand and youve tried to explain, but at the end of the day you are not willing to risk your relationship for the sake of the band, and sorry sister buts its me or you, and its my band, so youre out. end of story.

now for something slightly related... about 15 years ago I was singing in a band... total{censored}ing metal, and we had just did a show at some bar that happened to be doing a live radio remote for thier anniversary or something... I had to leave because i had to work the next morning, so Im driving home withmy girlfriend at the time and were listening to the station that was broadcasting from the club we just played. I guess I wanted to hear the DJ mention how badass we were or something.

imagine my suprise when my bass player gets on the mic, on the biggest rock station in town on a saturday night, and announces to the whole city that it was thier singers last show (me)..and that they had a new guy coming in and a bunch of gigs lined up etc etc.

I think I {censored} a little bit in my pants. i mean, i could barely breathe. stunned, shocked, sad, betrayed, and furious. I slammed on the brakes, turned around, and raced across town to meet them at our practice pad while they were unloading.

inretrospect it was everyones fault for keeping the big secret, but i walked right up to the bass player and punched him in his fat greasy mouth. we went down into the mud and everyone jumped on me and I got my arm dislocated so Im rolling around with 6 assholes trying to kill them all with my arm hanging off me like a gimp..and needless to say it didnt go well from there..

the point is... if you backstab, or conspire to do someone wrong, or publicly humiliate someone when they dont deserve it...it can get real ugly real easy. self esteem is nothing you want to mess with.

now get some ethics, and lie to spare this girls feelings.

Ouch...:cry:

Marry me?! I think I :love: you!

I saw no harm in putting a picture of my band on this forum...what are the cances anyone knowing us/her will be on this board, let alone see the thread?

Point taken though. :wave:

• Members

maybe theres no harm of putting up pics.. but maybe there is.

NOTHING disappears once on the internet. or i should say, anything on the internet has the potential to come back and haunt or embarass.

ask a suicide girl in 10 years when theyre trying to be taken seriously or find a husband, but theres pictures of thier dyed purple pubic hair all over the internet. ha.

myspace will be the Great Equalizer in years to come.

you seem like a nice kid though. good luck with your situation.

• Members

Originally posted by minorseventh

maybe theres no harm of putting up pics.. but maybe there is.

NOTHING disappears once on the internet. or i should say, anything on the internet has the potential to come back and haunt or embarass.

ask a suicide girl in 10 years when theyre trying to be taken seriously or find a husband, but theres pictures of thier dyed purple pubic hair all over the internet. ha.

myspace will be the Great Equalizer in years to come.

you seem like a nice kid though. good luck with your situation.

Very true man,

Thanks for looking out for me, in your own way, :p

I'm meeting with the other guys in the band tomorrow to fully discuss the situation.

Archived