What's the best and worst pickups you've ever had?

JonathanLA

• Members

Best .....

Dimarzio   Evolution  ( neck and bridge) ,Chopper, YJM ( HS-4), X2N, Fast Track 2, FS-1, Steve's Special and Super 2

Seymour Duncan   Screamin' Demon, Pearly Gates, S.D. Custom, JB pickup and the Dimebucker .

Bill Lawrence   ( 1980's pick ups) L-250,, R-500 and XL-500  

Dragon Fire   Duo Rails, Quad Rail, Screamers, Vintage Screamers and their version of the X2N ( better than Dimarzio's ... IMO)

Bare Nuckle  Nail Bomb and War Pigs

Carvin   M22SD,M22 T, M22V, AP -11, C22B and C22J,

GFS   Lil' Killers (10k and 15k ohms version) , Fat Pats, HEV pick ups and Mega Rails.

Worst    post 1983 Bill Lawrence pickups and Seymour  Duncan Design pickups.

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Quote Originally Posted by eudaimonia02912View Post
Best neck:
DM Liquifire
DM Air Norton
Fender Texas Special

Best bridge:
DM Crunch Lab
DM Tone Zone

Worst:
Duncan JB
carvin M22SD
Carvin AP11
DM Evo
I'm happy to take any Carvin AP-11's off your hands...redface.gif
Let me know if you wanna get rid of that Carvin M22SD :)

• Members

I love firebirds and I had a reverend warhawk. I decided to put GFS minihums in it. I don't know if the wiring was not the right fit but those bastids would feedback way too much and not in the musical way. Kind of killed the guitar for me. I haven't touched the thing since '07. Best pickups are the stock pups in my 1973 Guild M-75 bluesbird. They have a little more clarity than a 57classic style humbucker.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Wurst: cheap early 1980s Dimarzio humbuckers. Okay for super low volumes but uncontrollable feedback at band practice volumes. I don't remember what model they were. Bast: Peavey Wolfgang humbuckers.

• Members
oh and my worst would have to go to FIRST ACT GUITAR PUPS. OOHHHHHH MY GOODNESS. talk about sounding like a blanket over the amp. ehhh it makes me want to puke. my friends parents wouldnt let him get a job so he STILL has his first act guitar only' date=' and thats why i quit the band. ahaha yall may think he is a crappy guitarist to begin with, but really he is talented he seriously can't afford nething so he has to deal with g-mas christmas present from 3 years ago lol.[/quote']their bikini humbucker is a fine sounding pickup. Very open and articulate. Nice fat lunch.

Archived