Ordering from Tubedepot.com ADVICE??

LooP68

• Members

I need s bunch of tubes for my 2 new ENGLs Ive got a Savage 120 coming in that will need new KT88's. My existing Savage SE requires new preamp tubes and new power tubes. I was thinking of going for the tung-sol 12ax7's and SED for the power tubes/..

Im trying to tame the high on the SE a bit, and also trying to add some tightness.

Are these tubes a good choice or should I be looking at other stuff (like JJ's)

Also, which services should i order with the tubes? (Balance, Gain Match, etc..?)

cheers

• Members
Originally posted by LooP68

I need s bunch of tubes for my 2 new ENGLs Ive got a Savage 120 coming in that will need new KT88's. My existing Savage SE requires new preamp tubes and new power tubes. I was thinking of going for the tung-sol 12ax7's and SED for the power tubes/..

Im trying to tame the high on the SE a bit, and also trying to add some tightness.

Are these tubes a good choice or should I be looking at other stuff (like JJ's)

Also, which services should i order with the tubes? (Balance, Gain Match, etc..?)

cheers

With all the good/great tube sellers hanging right here on the forum, why buy from some place unknown? My personal preference is Lord Valve but the other ones that hang here get lots of positive responses too.

• Members
Originally posted by snakum

Eurotubes
for JJs, and
Doug's Tubes
for everything else. You won't go wrong.

+1 on Doug's tubes

I've ordered from eurotubes a few times, and almost all of the tubes I got from them died within weeks...maybe I just got a bad batch of tubes or something.

Also, I've bought from tube depot several times..very good service and prices.

Originally posted by thefyn

I got 2 JJ power tubes from there and both failed within a month. Just sayin'.

Same thing happened to me :freak:

bought a quad for my Mesa, and at first they sounded like crap...about two weeks later one died, so I threw the rest out.

I've never had good luck with JJ's.

• Members
Originally posted by thefyn

I got 2 JJ power tubes from there and both failed within a month. Just sayin'.

Originally posted by Radiohead, lol

Same thing happened to me
:freak:

bought a quad for my Mesa, and at first they sounded like crap...about two weeks later one died, so I threw the rest out.

I've never had good luck with JJ's.

Did you guys tell them that you needed the tubes for a mesa and make sure you were getting the properly graded tubes for it?

• Members

That's weird. I've probably bought a hundred AX7s, EL84s, and 6L6s from Eurotubes and in almost eight years I've had one 12AX7 go bad. I have two amps full of them right now, in fact. But I have read of folks blowing them pretty quickly in one amp or another, some fixed bias, some not. I dunno. :(

Archived