SS Posse!!!

Shask

• Members

Haha, yeah, it's pretty much everything good they sell. Like I said, I've got a lot of wants.

Right now, though, I -need- a compresser pedal because the tuning I use requires thick strings on the low end and very thin ones up top (ever try tuning anything above an 8 to G? Won't stay there for long...). I'd like to get a Compressor and a good mic interface. I'm thinking about getting Marshall's Edward Compressor (since I already have one Marshall pedal in my chain and I like it a lot) or one of the MXR comps (probably not the Dyna-comp, it's a little too "effect-y" for me, but maybe the Super Comp), and then a Lexicon Lambda mic interface. I know the Lambda ain't on the list, it was an oversight on my opinion.

But I'm also thinking about saying screw that and getting an amazing distortion pedal. I'm eyeing the Solid Metal really hard - I've heard it isn't an over-the-top distortion pedal, but rather a genuine high-gain preamp in the vein of a super hotrodded JCM800 or Mesa mk. IV. I think I could use that sound to good effect in my pedal chain.

But everything on that list is under consideration. Part of me really wants to get the Stereo Memory Man with Hazarai because it's a really, really cool modulation delay, but then I don't know if I'd use it to its full capabilities since I've already got 1.5 delay boxes on my pedalboard.

What do you think, man?

And, of course, Merry Christmas from this high-gain atheist.

I have a CS-3, but I dont really use it though. I really bought it for my bass, but I dont really play it much these days.

I always think about doing the Opto mod to it...

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

My SM57 killed over also. The only effect I ever use besides distortion, is a tight slap back delay, or slight chorus.

I never used many before, besides the usual Whammy-Pantera covers or whatever. But, I have been trying to get into the delay/chorus thing more.

I was never a reverb person. And even out of the reverbs I halfway like, I usually cant stand amp spring reverb...

• Members

Had Christmas lunch with my family this afternoon, and just finished Christmas dinner with my fiancee's family a few minutes ago. Man, I'm stuffed. I need to nap 'til New Years. Too bad I gotta burn the midnight oil deciding what I'm going to buy, haha.

My damned computer is going out on me. Don't know
how
I'm going to be able to afford parting out and assembling a new one, but I'm going to have to - it's my do-everything. Entertainment center, recording studio, and word processor. This one has lasted me five years because I spec'd it high in 2003 and upgraded a few things as I've come along. I'll definitely be doing the same now, so that I can get another five years (hopefully) out of this one!

Any suggestions on what I ought to buy off that list I posted? What does everyone use for a compressor (if you do)?

Ive been lucky on mine, I built it in 2003/2004 and its still going strong.

I use the Laptop also, which hasnt been as lucky, but I keep it alive barely...

• Members

Another Christmas gone. Back to 10 hours a day digging woohoo
:mad:
I hate running the under ground wires. I think we have to do the pole lights also blah.

I get another 4 day weekend this next weekend, but yeah, after that, 6 months before any break ....

• Members

Man, I think I'm going to get that Solid Metal pedal. I've got SERIOUS gas for it. Holy hell. 250V dual tube high-gain floor preamp with a built-in boost? Yes please. I have a feeling my other pedals might be out of a job.

Gotta wait 'til tomorrow to get it, total price w/ tax is $21 over my gift card amount and you can't use two payment sources online, just over the phone. Maybe I'll come to my senses overnight but I don't think so, I want it bad. It used to be nearly $300, they better not jack the price up overnight or I'm going to be piiiissed.

Those look interesting, but Ive never seen one. I know the company was founded by Line 6 refugees...

• Members

I have a CS-3, but I dont really use it though. I really bought it for my bass, but I dont really play it much these days.

I always think about doing the Opto mod to it...

I don't use any Boss effects, don't like their sound and I don't care for their buffers. I don't know, I'm not usually very picky and I tend to like everything, but I really don't like Boss stuff. I tried out a bunch before I decided to get away from them. Electro-Harmonix and Danelectro are my go-to effects makers these days, although I've got more than their names on my pedalboard.

• Members

I don't use any Boss effects, don't like their sound and I don't care for their buffers. I don't know, I'm not usually very picky and I tend to like everything, but I really don't like Boss stuff. I tried out a bunch before I decided to get away from them. Electro-Harmonix and Danelectro are my go-to effects makers these days, although I've got more than their names on my pedalboard.

Its funny because I have 90% Boss, and feel weird when I get something else, lol. Im almost too anal to mix-n-match. I like order :o

• Members
Those look interesting, but Ive never seen one. I know the company was founded by Line 6 refugees...

I know a bit about the electronics behind sound, and that pedal is spec'd to win, man. I'm buying blind, so I'll be sure to post some recordings and a review when it comes in. Who knows, it might be very disappointing - I doubt it, though. I'm choosing it over the Demonizer because the Solid Metal is strictly an all-tube high-gain distortion preamp rather than a modeling rig - the Demonizer has cabinet emulation and a bit of modeling in its preamp as well, as I understand it. I'm just looking for some high-quality dirt :)

• Members
I know a bit about the electronics behind sound, and that pedal is spec'd to win, man. I'm buying blind, so I'll be sure to post some recordings and a review when it comes in. Who knows, it might be very disappointing - I doubt it, though. I'm choosing it over the Demonizer because the Solid Metal is strictly an all-tube high-gain distortion preamp rather than a modeling rig - the Demonizer has cabinet emulation and a bit of modeling in its preamp as well, as I understand it. I'm just looking for some high-quality dirt
:)

I'm interested in that pedal as well. :idea:

Or one of their low-ish gain pedals to boost the {censored} out of my SC. (yet another :idea:)

Boosting SS with tubes. \m/

• Members
Yeah, I get that a lot

Yeah, but why 1 second? :cry:

MF cart for my extra cash: Nady Mic & Stand package (hey, it's cheap)

Dano Fab OD (it was cheap, probably rocks too, played a Fab Metal the other day and it made a DA5 sound like a RG100es)

A cable

Behringer Truth Passive Monitors (the big ones)

I have a studio amp, just needed the monitors.

Whatcha guys think?

• Members
Yeah, but why 1 second?
:cry:
MF cart for my extra cash: Nady Mic & Stand package (hey, it's cheap)

Dano Fab OD (it was cheap, probably rocks too, played a Fab Metal the other day and it made a DA5 sound like a RG100es)

A cable

Behringer Truth Passive Monitors (the big ones)

I have a studio amp, just needed the monitors.

Whatcha guys think?

Pared it down to make browsing easier :) Looks good to me. Those monitors are going to blow you away. You cannot get better sound in the pricerange. If I had a home theater amp that was worth a {censored} I'd get five of them and a pair of the higher end powered Fluance subwoofers for a cheap HT setup with great sound.

Only thing is, that Nady mic is going to suck. I've played with them before, they're just terrible. Stand is probably going to be the better part of that package, haha.

I don't like the FAB pedals... not because they sound bad; surprisingly, they're awesome for the price, except for the echo. But they just kind of die after awhile no matter how well you treat them, and they are noisy as hell. But while they work they're very good for what you pay, and since they're so cheap you can just replace them when they break without much wallet hurt ('til you get to the fifth one or so, then you should have just bought a real pedal, know what I mean?). Hopefully yours will hold up better!

• Members
Pared it down to make browsing easier
Looks good to me. Those monitors are going to blow you away. You cannot get better sound in the pricerange. If I had a home theater amp that was worth a {censored} I'd get five of them and a pair of the higher end powered Fluance subwoofers for a cheap HT setup with great sound.

Only thing is, that Nady mic is going to suck. I've played with them before, they're just terrible. Stand is probably going to be the better part of that package, haha.

I don't like the FAB pedals... not because they sound bad; surprisingly, they're awesome for the price, except for the echo. But they just kind of die after awhile no matter how well you treat them, and they are noisy as hell. But while they work they're very good for what you pay, and since they're so cheap you can just replace them when they break without much wallet hurt ('til you get to the fifth one or so, then you should have just bought a real pedal, know what I mean?). Hopefully yours will hold up better!

Yeah... I'll get another 57, and noise is not an issue due to Peavey's ingenious circuit design that in itself produces almost no noise whatsoever, so the only noise you'll hear comes from the pedal. :)

I have a feeling the monitors are going to rock... Behringer products always SOUND good, but don't hold up. Since these are PASSIVE monitors (ie: no circuitry to cut corners on) they should last a long time and sound terrific to boot. :D

One of these days I'll have a fancy pedalboard just like you all.

But, the only Boss effect I ever liked was that old HM-2 or w/e... it actually sounded SOMEWHAT in a very minute way like a tube amp, pinch harmonic wise. But I liked it because I could run it through a decent bass amp with no tweeter and have something resembling a real rig.

Recommend me a cheap EQ, man. I need one for like $20. lol.

• Members
Yeah... I'll get another 57, and noise is not an issue due to Peavey's ingenious circuit design that in itself produces almost no noise whatsoever, so the only noise you'll hear comes from the pedal.

I have a feeling the monitors are going to rock... Behringer products always SOUND good, but don't hold up. Since these are PASSIVE monitors (ie: no circuitry to cut corners on) they should last a long time and sound terrific to boot.
:D

One of these days I'll have a fancy pedalboard just like you all.

But, the only Boss effect I ever liked was that old HM-2 or w/e... it actually sounded SOMEWHAT in a very minute way like a tube amp, pinch harmonic wise. But I liked it because I could run it through a decent bass amp with no tweeter and have something resembling a real rig.

Recommend me a cheap EQ, man. I need one for like $20. lol.

you actually like the hm-2?????

i hate mine and never use it.

• Members

you actually like the hm-2?????

i hate mine and never use it.

Used with NO gain and a single coil loaded guitar, it's the tits.

Any gain above 0 on that thing fizzes like a freshly shaken 2 liter of A & W.

And don't use much treble or bass. Just set everything at 0 and adjust level to match the volume of your guitar.

It'll be tolerable that way.

It sounds good when loud enough to piss off neighboring countries and kill small animals.

• Members

Used with NO gain and a single coil loaded guitar, it's the tits.

Any gain above 0 on that thing fizzes like a freshly shaken 2 liter of A & W.

And don't use much treble or bass. Just set everything at 0 and adjust level to match the volume of your guitar.

It'll be tolerable that way.

It sounds good when loud enough to piss off neighboring countries and kill small animals.

Ah, I suppose so.

When I was using it I'd have the gain on zero and just use it as an eq, not enough volume to boost anything though.

• Members
Mine was newer... comes close to being tight but still sounds like HRD distortion... ie: let's put NO mids before the gain!

HAH I KNOW.

what's up with that?

oh well, can't complain I got it for only 18 bucks :)
but yeah, maybe I'll use it to get some thin lizzy fuzz tones.

Archived