SS Posse!!!

Shask

• Members

I spent too much time on this, but it is a comprehensive list of all the things I'm interested in from Guitar Center and it isn't going to change when Christmas is over so I'll be able to quickly browse it and figure out what I want any time I've got some disposable cash.

It's stored in the Microsoft complete web page format, so requires some version of IE to open - if that's a problem, I can reupload it in a Firefox friendly version, but since you can't easily uninstall Internet Explorer and it comes with the OS I didn't think it would be a big deal - and it makes transferring the files a lot easier. You might get an ActiveX warning when you open it, just let it be - there isn't actually any activeX content on the page as far as I know, I just saved it in this format out of word, and turning the ActiveX on at the info bar doesn't change the page at all :confused:

Without further yammering, here's the big bastard, zipped for whatever compression it could give me.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=JXZZ3DVA

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Tried that, the Pod still felt too squishy, like they put the power tube sag in the front end. lol

I guess I dont notice it too much. I do notice the over-emulation of the input scaling, so you have to attack your strings to get the right amount of gain, but I dont notice a bunch of sag. Id actually say it responds faster than my tube amps...

• Members

I spent too much time on this, but it is a comprehensive list of all the things I'm interested in from Guitar Center and it isn't going to change when Christmas is over so I'll be able to quickly browse it and figure out what I want any time I've got some disposable cash.

It's stored in the Microsoft complete web page format, so requires some version of IE to open - if that's a problem, I can reupload it in a Firefox friendly version, but since you can't easily uninstall Internet Explorer and it comes with the OS I didn't think it would be a big deal - and it makes transferring the files a lot easier. You might get an ActiveX warning when you open it, just let it be - there isn't actually any activeX content on the page as far as I know, I just saved it in this format out of word, and turning the ActiveX on at the info bar doesn't change the page at all
:confused:

Without further yammering, here's the big bastard, zipped for whatever compression it could give me.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=JXZZ3DVA

Dude, I think that is everything they sell, lol...

What catagory are you wanting most?

• Members

It says its not there
:idk:
on another note I saw that Marshall vid Scott. I just used the MG cab. Maybe a good cab and EQ will make it rip, like people say.

:thu:

I think it sounds pretty good in that video.

I dunno, maybe I am getting less picky :idk:

• Members
I guess I dont notice it too much. I do notice the over-emulation of the input scaling, so you have to attack your strings to get the right amount of gain, but I dont notice a bunch of sag. Id actually say it responds faster than my tube amps...

I guess that's what it is, it just "gives" too much at the input. Bugged the {censored} outta me. :lol:

I shoulda kept my J-Station.

• Members

Dude, I think that is everything they sell, lol...

What catagory are you wanting most?

Haha, yeah, it's pretty much everything good they sell. Like I said, I've got a lot of wants.

Right now, though, I -need- a compresser pedal because the tuning I use requires thick strings on the low end and very thin ones up top (ever try tuning anything above an 8 to G? Won't stay there for long...). I'd like to get a Compressor and a good mic interface. I'm thinking about getting Marshall's Edward Compressor (since I already have one Marshall pedal in my chain and I like it a lot) or one of the MXR comps (probably not the Dyna-comp, it's a little too "effect-y" for me, but maybe the Super Comp), and then a Lexicon Lambda mic interface. I know the Lambda ain't on the list, it was an oversight on my opinion.

But I'm also thinking about saying screw that and getting an amazing distortion pedal. I'm eyeing the Solid Metal really hard - I've heard it isn't an over-the-top distortion pedal, but rather a genuine high-gain preamp in the vein of a super hotrodded JCM800 or Mesa mk. IV. I think I could use that sound to good effect in my pedal chain.

But everything on that list is under consideration. Part of me really wants to get the Stereo Memory Man with Hazarai because it's a really, really cool modulation delay, but then I don't know if I'd use it to its full capabilities since I've already got 1.5 delay boxes on my pedalboard.

What do you think, man?

And, of course, Merry Christmas from this high-gain atheist.

• Members
It says its not there
:idk:
on another note I saw that Marshall vid Scott. I just used the MG cab. Maybe a good cab and EQ will make it rip, like people say.

Try again, I think I posted the link too shortly after uploading it. Sorry 'bout that.

• Members

I've become fond of stereo chorus... forgot how amazing a good chorus sounds with a well dialed in clean sound... of course, I'm different than most of you guys on cleans... I like a bright, glassy clean with plenty of low end as well. I also love a touch of 'verb on my cleans... but on high-gain distortion I use NO effects... not even delay. Overdrive is no longer considered an effect. :)

On an unrelated note, my SM57 took a {censored} when I went to record clips after getting home today. Tried different cords and everything. I used to have 6 of them but gave all but one away... guess I should've kept one of the new-ish ones. :lol:

• Members

I use delay with everything. Part of the texture of my sound. It can sound muddy if care isn't taken to dial in a good cutting tone... The Dan-Echo has great options to let the original sound cut through. Hi-pass control, mix level, and feedback can be adjusted to get a great, fully-textured sound without mudding things up. I'm not nearly as much of an over-the-top echo-chamber fanatic as Devin Townsend, but I couldn't do without my delays and reverb in getting my sound - high gain or clean.

I like a middle-wet chorus with a slow rate and medium depth, and a light flanger or phaser for my effected cleans; for my clean cleans I use just the same delay and reverb which I use for my distorted sounds. It's part of my tone in general.

• Members

I guess that's what it is, it just "gives" too much at the input. Bugged the {censored} outta me.
:lol:

I shoulda kept my J-Station.

I notice it, but I guess it doesnt bug me to death. Maybe the EMGs though, since you use DImarzios...

• Members
:thu:

Hope everyone is having a good Christmas...

Had Christmas lunch with my family this afternoon, and just finished Christmas dinner with my fiancee's family a few minutes ago. Man, I'm stuffed. I need to nap 'til New Years. Too bad I gotta burn the midnight oil deciding what I'm going to buy, haha.

My damned computer is going out on me. Don't know how I'm going to be able to afford parting out and assembling a new one, but I'm going to have to - it's my do-everything. Entertainment center, recording studio, and word processor. This one has lasted me five years because I spec'd it high in 2003 and upgraded a few things as I've come along. I'll definitely be doing the same now, so that I can get another five years (hopefully) out of this one!

Any suggestions on what I ought to buy off that list I posted? What does everyone use for a compressor (if you do)?

• Members
Had Christmas lunch with my family this afternoon, and just finished Christmas dinner with my fiancee's family a few minutes ago. Man, I'm stuffed. I need to nap 'til New Years. Too bad I gotta burn the midnight oil deciding what I'm going to buy, haha.

My damned computer is going out on me. Don't know
how
I'm going to be able to afford parting out and assembling a new one, but I'm going to have to - it's my do-everything. Entertainment center, recording studio, and word processor. This one has lasted me five years because I spec'd it high in 2003 and upgraded a few things as I've come along. I'll definitely be doing the same now, so that I can get another five years (hopefully) out of this one!

Any suggestions on what I ought to buy off that list I posted? What does everyone use for a compressor (if you do)?

It still won't open for me. Maybe my settings won't let it :confused:

• Members

Man, I think I'm going to get that Solid Metal pedal. I've got SERIOUS gas for it. Holy hell. 250V dual tube high-gain floor preamp with a built-in boost? Yes please. I have a feeling my other pedals might be out of a job.

Gotta wait 'til tomorrow to get it, total price w/ tax is $21 over my gift card amount and you can't use two payment sources online, just over the phone. Maybe I'll come to my senses overnight but I don't think so, I want it bad. It used to be nearly $300, they better not jack the price up overnight or I'm going to be piiiissed.

Archived