March New Gear Thread.

mildbill

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

front-facing camera, biggest omission of the v.1. still, slightly more than a year ago it was a $2,000 Lemer or nothing. marvelous device!

Hey, at least you sold it :idk:

ewaste.jpg

p7.jpg

But as you can see, the resting place of those products with "omissions" is fairly consistent.

PS, not judging. Just commenting. I've sold gear for other gear before too. I generally keep what I have until it's absolutely obsolete or nonfunctional though. Of course I'm definitely not a computer based musician for the most part. I generally just use my computer as a hard disc recorder. My recording rig is 6 years old, but when it goes kaput it's going to E-wasteville too :(

• Members

that's modern electronics for ya.

almost everything in my studio was purchased used, including every synth i've ever owned past or present outside of the Buchla (which itself has a few modules purchased used). if i sold everything in my studio today, that's not creating any e-waste, that's just changing hands. the person who bought my iPad was excited to get it and it will continue its useful life. at least when it's bricked as non-serviceable it won't generate as much waste as a digital keyboard.

electronic musician uses electronics. le sigh.

• Members

the one & only, yes. that JX3P looks sick, too, i've always liked the look of that synth.

btw, just got back from seeing OMD in Oakland. they were stunningly good.

How are you using it? Via normal Wi-Fi or did you get The Missing Link? I can't get it working through my regular Wi-Fi connection.

• Members
No new keyboard gear in March because I'm busy selling stuff off prior to the arrival of my Kronos 61. However, I did get a new POD HD500 for my guitar rig.
:thu:

251268.jpg

Be sure to update to 1.22 (just came out last week). Sounds even better, and the weird clipping thing some people were hearing with humbuckers is completely gone.

• Members
I really hope the triple OMGs conveyed the sense of my post, Plink/Metro ...

I knew you were kidding, but you still make a valid point. Upon further soul searching, I'm fully convinced that the boundries of good taste were not only stretched but completely erased from my personal Midwestern Map of Morality. Therefore, I believe the only possible solution is for MetroSonus to admit fully to his improprieties and agree to submit to some sort of 'treatments' for his abominable aberrations.

• Members

Be sure to update to 1.22 (just came out last week). Sounds even better, and the weird clipping thing some people were hearing with humbuckers is completely gone.

Yeah, I did that right away...thanks! Now I need to find the time to do some programming.

Archived