rememberduane

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

God does everything perfect,.

FALSE

God does not do everything perfect.

From a theological viewpoint, God is incapable of creating a perfect circle.

Course... Marduk and Eris could make one.... there is still time to convert you know, seek out your pineal gland! Find the Goddess!

EDIT: Just for clarification on the whole issue, I am not an athiest, but a deist. But don't tell the Goddess that...

• Members

My understanding is that God desires that we love him freely. To do this He had to allow us complete freedom of choice. Without this freedom of choice (free will) we would be like robots or puppets, loving God because we had no other choice.

I liken it to loving a woman, would you compel her against her will to be with you even if you had the power? Isn't what we are searching for is have a woman respond out of her freedom to our desire for her?

As far as I can tell the Marquis de Sade knew very little of love, and freedom without love is just license, IMO.

Peace

Bob

I totally agree, that is what I was saying.

• Members

God does not do everything perfect.

From a theological viewpoint, God is incapable of creating a perfect circle

Please explain that one, or point me to resources because on the surface that sounds rather silly to me.

Simple really.

God is not omnipotent.

There are limits to what God can do.

God can not create a perfect circle, it is impossible.

Course, I speak from a Catholic point of view, since that is what I was taught in.

• Members

Simple really.

God is not omnipotent.

There are limits to what God can do.

God can not create a perfect circle, it is impossible.

Course, I speak from a Catholic point of view, since that is what I was taught in.

my question to you, is:

Does God have free will?

scott.

• Members

my question to you, is:

Does God have free will?

scott.

After careful consideration of this question, speaking of my own thoughts, god does not have free will. Looking at things such as Revelation... this is predetermined... how could an event be predetermined by god while still having free will? Determinism removes free will. Perhaps god once had free will however I believe he longer has that ability and is just watching us move down the line.

Phew, now that I am out of that little devil's advocate situation, as I said earlier, I am a deist, I believe in an impersonal god, I don't care about god, and it doesn't care about me, the feelings are mutual. As a result, I do not believe in Revelation or a biblical Apocalypse, I believe all things must come to an end but not in such a manner as Revelations. Since god is not a personal being, I do not believe it is possible to give god characterizations such as "free will". It merely is.

• Members

After careful consideration of this question, speaking of my own thoughts, god does not have free will. Looking at things such as Revelation... this is predetermined... how could an event be predetermined by god while still having free will? Determinism removes free will. Perhaps god once had free will however I believe he longer has that ability and is just watching us move down the line.

Phew, now that I am out of that little devil's advocate situation, as I said earlier, I am a deist, I believe in an impersonal god, I don't care about god, and it doesn't care about me, the feelings are mutual. As a result, I do not believe in Revelation or a biblical Apocalypse, I believe all things must come to an end but not in such a manner as Revelations. Since god is not a personal being, I do not believe it is possible to give god characterizations such as "free will". It merely is.

that's like saying you do not have free will because you planned to go to the zoo tommarrow.

• Members

These pontifications about the nature of God are truly hilarious.

I must agree to a degree, nonethless, they make for interesting, intelligent discussion and debate.

Now who doesn't enjoy that?

Besides, for the true answer one must only look to their pineal gland and all will become clear.

• Members

what happened at the zoo, however, is unknown to me.

to add, because god knows every possible outcome of every possible choice, he also knows which choice he is going to make, hence, no free will.

Just because he knows what choice he is going to make does not mean he doesn't have free will.

If you said I could bang a really hot girl or a homley skanky girl with an eye patch I know what choice I'm gonna make before you ask me about it, does that mean I don't have free will?

• Members

I must agree to a degree, nonethless, they make for interesting, intelligent discussion and debate.

Now who doesn't enjoy that?

Besides, for the true answer one must only look to their pineal gland and all will become clear.

Open the third eye, like a good Deist:D

• Members
The Goddess has not yet revealed to me the secrets of the Anja. In ime She will however... She will.

Also, yes men, it is possible to do the Goddess, however it is only possible once you have found Her.

Consume the Holy Entheogens to gain favor with the Goddess; The Lady Salvia is kind :cool:

Archived