Global Warming again ....

strat2

• Members

The only real crap is that we're causing this change. In fact, all the planets are going through the same thing so this isn't a "human thing". I don't think we have farting cows on Mars.:D This is just a natural cycle and we can't stop it. The one thing that tripped me out is how this guy on C2C explained how global warming can actually bring on an ice age if the warm current in the Atlantic is stopped. (Too much fresh water in the ocean) This is what "The Coming Global Superstorm" and "The Day After Tomorrow" were base on. It's kinda weird how warming up can cool you off.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Last week it was unseasonably warm , all I heard on

the News was how horribly wretched and monstrous

Global warming has leaped upon us , they even had me so spooked

I was looking under the bed for it.

:eek:

This week --- freezing as all {censored}, and not a peep about Global warming.....
:confused:

:D

Just remember, if its really warm its because of global warming. If its really cold, its because of global warming. And I think if its raining, its because of global warming too. Everything is because of global warming and you can't disprove it and if you don't believe it then you're dumb. It's solid science, mk?

• Members

I've noticed that too. Not a peep about it when its colder.

Well, except that time Gore gave a global warming speech on a record cold day.

The bizarre weather and global warming are totally unrelated. The reason we're getting 70 degree weather is because the earth is tilting at an unusual angle resulting in the sun hitting the earth at a more direct angle. Watch a different news show if they're telling you this is global warming. However, just because this isn't a direct result of global warming it doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

And Yes, global warming can in fact cause colder winters. Icebergs block the arctic winds coming from up north. Without them the winds blow right through bringing us cold air.

You guys need to listen to non Exxon scientists.

• Members

BAh! Who the hell knows. I'll give my take on it though..

I really think it's a pretty simple. All one has to do is look at the carbon cycle as it is in nature.

CO2->Green Plants->cyclic/non-cyclic photophosphoryliation/photosynthesis = energy+O2(oxygen).

Prior to life on earth (According to evolution theories), the earth was as other planets in our solar system, with an atmosphere highly consistent of organic gasses (methane, carbon dioxide, etc.). Green plants are able to convert organic gasses..primarily carbon dioxide.. into sugars via photophosphorylation/photosynthesis, with oxygen as a waste product.

Now, look at what's produced by this process...
Sugars: Cellulose! Every plant consists of cellulose. cellulose is a sugar just like sucrose and glucose, just bonded in a different way and combined with lignin to give plants and trees their rigidity. PLants basicaly take CO2 from the atomosphere and convert it to cellulose to grow. There is {censored}loads of carbon stored in plants everywhere in the world, primarily the rainforests of Brazil and temperate forests in the North American continent and Europe. Not to mention the billions of pounds of carbon locked up in fossil fuels...

Early years of the earth saw these plants dying, and their carbon storages being buried over millions of years converted to liquid organic chemicals (what we call crude oil) through pressure in the earth. So what the hell does anyone think will happen when humans start harvesting and burning these carbon storages (oil-gasoline-natural gas)?

Consumption of these fuels reverses the process...Burning the carbon based fuels yeilds alot of energy as we see in gasoline or natural gas, that powers our vehicles and heats our homes, however the byproduct of the reacton is CO2. Which is released into the atmosphere as a gas.

Soo... bottom line?

In my view, we are converting the carbon energy stored in the earth into carbon dioxide at a much more rapid rate than the natural elements of the earth can replace it. Which in my opinion will ultimately lead the earth into a state of, whatever you wanna call it, warming.

Say what you might, but I'm not one of the "Alarmists" or whatever saying that everything is caused by global warming. But people have to consider what might happen if it comes about. It may not really effect the human race for another 50 to 100 years, but are you the asshole that can say "Who gives a {censored}, I'll be dead", when your ascendandts may pay the price?

Is it really that big of a goddamn deal if we scale down on pollution and burning of fossil fuels?

Anyone who's anyone can argue against global warming, but why the {censored} argue against energy reform or pollution control? Even if the global warming phemonenon doesn't come to pass or is never proved... should we just {censored} on the planet then?

• 5 weeks later...
  • Members
There's an easy explaination for this folks.......................

It's snowed here cause it's warmer in Korea due to global warming....

http://edition.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/asiapcf/02/14/nepal.snow.reut/index.html

So you're saying you know nothing about climatology? Or is it that you don't know anything about science...

• Members

Its getting hotter here, long dought, while its getting wetter and colder up north of the country, climates changing. Why? I'm not smart enough to know.

Anyone interested in the issue should read Michael Crictons State of Fear, really interesting read, probably just as uninformed as everybody else.

State of Fear is a work of fiction which Crichton himself would tell you to not take as your source on global warming. Crichton is known for being a fantastic manipulator of science and scientific language to write popular books. His books are well researched and he writes about the issues with authority because he is well informed-- but he's not writing to inform you and he doesn't write the "truth" because it's not meant to be pedantic... it's not meant to educate the public on the issue.

• Members

it's unfortunate that people focus more on the words than what they mean. if they had just called it "global climate change" from the outset, there wouldn't be so much confusion among those unable to understand complex things on a geologic scale.

not that they'd be able to understand it any better... but at least they could look outside and go "uh... yep. weather's shore gettin' differnt!" instead of looking at a thermometer and deciding that's enough to validate or invalidate decades of research.

• Members
So you're saying you know nothing about climatology? Or is it that you don't know anything about science...

Yes and yes no to both questions .

Well I should qualify that .....

I get my opinions from John Kerry , as far as I understand his take on
global warming ----------- he was for it before he was against it , so
no I mean yes , ///////////// what was the question please........
:whisper:

Bad Dog Bad Dog Bad Dog :deadhorse:

• Members
it's unfortunate that people focus more on the words than what they mean. if they had just called it "global climate change" from the outset, there wouldn't be so much confusion among those unable to understand complex things on a geologic scale.

not that they'd be able to understand it any better... but at least they could look outside and go "uh... yep. weather's shore gettin' differnt!" instead of looking at a thermometer and deciding that's enough to validate or invalidate decades of research.

Wrong , I am very aware the sky is falling , I see it every day in the news
and I know that it's true if it's popular with the media....

:rawk:

• Members
, I see it every day in the news

and I know that it's true if it's popular with the media....

:rawk:

Yup. That's where I get my info. Would you like me to qualify my "credentials" as the meteorologist did above?

Just because you get your info from the media doesn't mean other people haven't been able to move beyond CNN, Fox News, and Google.

• Members
Yup. That's where I get my info. Would you like me to qualify my "credentials" as the meteorologist did above?

Just because you get your info from the media doesn't mean other people haven't been able to move beyond CNN, Fox News, and Google.

I'm already overly impressed just in case it isn't showing............

Bad Dog Bad Dog Bad Dog :deadhorse:

• Members

Global Warming is a giant sham. However, of course pollution should be kept at a minimum.

So you're going out on a limb and calling the entire scientific community on this? Just checking. I'd like to see some of your sources of information, maybe you could post some references. No offense, but I'm guessing you didn't actually get a degree from the school in your avatar?

• Members

This week --- freezing as all {censored}, and not a peep about Global warming.....

Only retards would attribute daily weather patterns with global warming. This is either total BS or you need to find a better news station.

• Members

What some people don't understand is that global warming doesn't cause just warmer temperatures. Rather, it creates abnormal climate and resulting from temperature changes. Global warming could end up resulting in global cooling. It's a lot more complicated than what many people think. Abnormal temps and adnormal weather can all be caused by global warming.

• Members

Only retards would attribute daily weather patterns with global warming.

Global warming is happening, whether you want to believe it or don't want to believe it. You may be sick of hearing it, but our entire earth has such a delicate balance that a few degrees can be the difference between mankind existing and not existing.

• Members
Evidence of global warming has been so heavilly commented on by scientists, written about in science journals, on the internet, documented in photos and satellite pictures, etc. that you really have to be in a state of denial not to realize that we are seeing the effects of it now. It's not about "warmer" days here and there. It's about extreme inbalances occuring in the environment caused by exploding populations, inordinate amounts of carbon emmissons, exacerbated melting of arctic and antartic icebergs which result in radical weather changes and rises in sea level. I should know, I work for an elite institute in the Alaskan Tundra that studies the effects of Global Warming. Just Kidding. But I am not kidding about how real this is. Seriously.

:thu:

• Members

Global warming is happening, whether you want to believe it or don't want to believe it. You may be sick of hearing it, but our entire earth has such a delicate balance that a few degrees can be the difference between mankind existing and not existing.

No I believe in global warming! I'm just not stupid enough to think that a particularly warm day is because of global warming.

I'm just fed up with hearing anti-global warming people say, "Since it was hot yesterday, and cold today global warming isn't happening" It is happening, its just not the reason it was warm the other day. They are beating down the opinions of the easily frightened and pretending they won a scientific debate.

• Members

No I believe in global warming! I'm just not stupid enough to think that a particularly warm day is because of global warming.

I'm just fed up with hearing anti-global warming people say, "Since it was hot yesterday, and cold today global warming isn't happening" It is happening, its just not the reason it was warm the other day. They are beating down the opinions of the easily frightened and pretending they won a scientific debate.

haha my bad man my bad. I read it wrong.

Archived