Global Warming again ....

strat2

• Members
Last week it was unseasonably warm , all I heard on

the News was how horribly wretched and monstrous

Global warming has leaped upon us , they even had me so spooked

I was looking under the bed for it.

:eek:

This week --- freezing as all {censored}, and not a peep about Global warming.....
:confused:

:D

Well i am not about to slog thru five pages of this but for the record

Global Warming has kind of the exact opposite of the world heating up in the first stages, we actually will start getting a lot more snow and freezing temps.

Nature is a mad scientist Jerry!

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Like the movie!! it happens in 3 days and freezes NYC :freak:

gotta love Hollywood! Most astronomers and others go with cyclic events but it's good to conserve and be non pollutant. I just don't buy GW arguments since there is no real accurate data other than doom logic. I moved from a freezing location to So Cal. My ole buds are digging out of 20" of snow! No more for me, but I guess earthquakes can suck too

• Members

This debate has been out there for a long time. To me it is all about politics. Democrats want to save the earth. The Repubicans want to destroy it....same story all the time just different subplots. It's about power and control over the masses, I'm as green as I can be because it makes sense....when I was younger pollution was everywhere. Big strides since then everyone should do there part BUT pay attention of where this is comming from...The Left, always the left..the oceans are dying, the planet is going into an ice age, there is global warming, the sky is falling...they all want you to do the same thing...Vote for a democrat to save us from our selves, give up your rights so they can do what's right for us since we are too stupid to take care of our selves. I say I'm up to my armpits in illegal aliens...fix that first...then lets tackle Nancy Pilso's new jet that she has to have that will destory our atmosphere....how is Gore helping the planet by flying all over the earth to promote his psydo science? shouldn't he be in a hot air balloon?

Nice trick, keep your mind on the ball...it's always about power and control over the masses

• Members

global warming is complete bull{censored}. it's just a marketing ploy to make the world become more "green." now cutting pollution is not a bad idea by any means but give me a break, there is no such thing as global warming.

{censored}ing troll.

Global Climate Change is real. If people want to ignore it in spite of all of the data, well then they're idiots. The amount of effect we're having is debatable, fine. It's never been a bad idea to clean things up though.

• Members

Do yourself a favor and maybe do some research, or get a {censored}ing brain.

How accurate were the records kept 100+ years ago? How accurate were the machines taking the tempature samples? Are we using the same machines? As far as I know, we have had multiple ice ages etc and our existance on the earths time line is just a mere blip.

• Members

How accurate were the records kept 100+ years ago? How accurate were the machines taking the tempature samples? Are we using the same machines? As far as I know, we have had multiple ice ages etc and our existance on the earths time line is just a mere blip.

The records in ice cores are very accurate. They used mercury thermometers back then, and we still would if mercury wasn't found to be toxic in the last couple of decades or so, so now we use several different materials. Measurements were fine then.

While we are small in time scale, the impact that we've had is fairly obvious when looking at the Earth's surface... forget about the atmosphere.

The CO2 in the atmosphere has risen since the Industrial Revolution to levels unparalleled. It's a fairly simple, fairly obvious thing.

• Members
And before 1860, what was the history??????????

Ah, wha, ahhh, i dunno........

:freak:

i have read somehere that they can know the temperature before 1860 by studying ice in the north pole.. DOn'T ask me how they do it but they can.. Its like if its the history of the weather is here, in the ice.. anyway, they said that the earth did already had some warm weather like we observe today

SORRY FOR my bad english, hope you understand..

• Members

i have read somehere that they can know the temperature before 1860 by studying ice in the north pole.. DOn'T ask me how they do it but they can.. Its like if its the history of the weather is here, in the ice.. anyway, they said that the earth did already had some warm weather like we observe today

SORRY FOR my bad english, hope you understand..

You missed my post. But yeah.

• Members
Yup.

greenland_drilling.jpg

Do you know what that is? Apparently not according to your post. You realize most research, especially in this area, is government funded right...

Btw, the caption to that picture:

:wave:

Actually I caught something on tv about this awhile back. They ended up saying that earth is now in a "rare" time of climate in which it is very stable. This periods last for 50,000-100,000 years. What many people don't know is that we are living in a rare time of the earth's climate. We are in a time of enjoyable climate that is very suitable for life to flourish. Sometime in the near future our climate will change, and it will change to something very unpredictable.

Archived