OT: What an embarrassment.

rememberduane

• Members

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/01/20/us/politics/20cnd-clinton.html?ex=1326949200&en=36b25a2054579e67&ei=5088&partner=rssnyt&emc=rss

Seriously -- if she gets the Democratic nomination... what a {censored}ing joke. Obama had better run, if only so Hillary doesn't get the nomination.

We all knew this would happen, but I just wanted to bitch, and I'm sure you all want to as well. :thu:

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

LOL...yeah, my wife just said.. "Doesn't she care about the Democratic party at all?"

Exactly -- she only cares about herself, IMO. This isn't about the good of the country, or even the good of the party (which is the kind of politics with which I strongly disagree anyway) -- she cares about making history, being the first woman president, being a former first-lady president, and having power. She has no real platform, she has no charisma, she has no leadership ability, she has no oratory skills.

"Hi, I'm Bill's wife and I really like minorities, and I'm a woman, and I made history, and I'm a democrat.. and I have a vagina."

• Members

Exactly -- she only cares about herself, IMO. This isn't about the good of the country, or even the good of the party (which is the kind of politics with which I strongly disagree anyway) -- she cares about making history, being the first woman president, being a former first-lady president, and having power. She has no real platform, she has no charisma, she has no leadership ability, she has no oratory skills.

Are there any polls showing how popular she actually is?? what gives her the credentials to be a president?? I just cant see her being in office bringing any good to this country. The scary thing is though i can see every single middle aged and senior woman voting for her

• Members

[quote=rememberduane;20456157 Obama had better run, if only so Hillary doesn't get the nomination.

:

oh yeah-- obama'd be alot better:rolleyes: 2 whole years in the senate and hes qualified to be president--LOL

i saw him on oprah talking about how all the kids in africa need help.

he better talk about helping the kids in america first.

what a joke.

people only vote for him because hes black.

• Members

how do you know all this?

i hear alot of people saying they think she does a good job with NY.

and oratory skills?.... who gives a {censored}.

i dont vote for somebody because they can "deliver a good speech"

i vote for them because of the content of the speech.

• Members

i'd kinda like to see her win, just so republicans can experience the intensely sickening confusion and powerful sense of impending doom that most of the country has been feeling since 2000.

I think that feeling started far before 2000.

• Members

people are stupid if they vote for her. I really hope Obama wins, but he won't since he's too good for america. People who truely care never make it into the presidential seat.

what makes you think hes good for america?

• Members

i'd kinda like to see her win, just so republicans can experience the intensely sickening confusion and powerful sense of impending doom that most of the country has been feeling since 2000.

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!! +1

Why is it an embarrassment? That is the beauty of our system. Anyone can run. The people decide who they want in office. Now, I won't disagree that

our choices haven't been the greatest by any means for presidents as of the past, oh say, 25 years but hey, you get the government you deserve.

If more of us were educated about our country and what is going on in it, if

more of us were educated about our political process, if more of us were educated about the issues that face our country, we would be much better off and have a much better government. Instead, we rely on CNN, MSNBC, CBS, ABC, NBC, BBC soundbites and clips of video to tell us our news and exactly what we need. That is the embarrassment, not who says they are declaring their presidential bids.

Don't gripe about the candidates, do what it takes to get better candidates, do what it takes to get them to stick to the issues that are really important and not these cutsie buzzwords that do nothing and say nothing. Make these people actually HAVE a platform and make them stick to it!

The fault is ours and citizens that this has continued for so long.

Gary

• Members

HAHAHAHA!

Yeah but seriously, I'd vote for Hellen Keller before I would Hillary. Out of all the candidates so far, Obama has interested me the most. He certainly seems to be the least tainted by special interest groups and lobbyists.

Tyler

• Members

She has no real platform, she has no charisma, she has no leadership ability, she has no oratory skills.

"Hi, I'm Bill's wife and I really like minorities, and I'm a woman, and I made history, and I'm a democrat.. and I have a vagina."

I agree with most everything you say, but the first sentence I quoted is patently false. She was the driving force behind a lot of the economic reform that happened under the Clinton administration. She's been a pretty good Senator for New York, and putting her back in the White House may be what the country needs in terms of foreign affairs. A lot of leaders respected Clinton. They may not have always agreed with him or his policies, but they held a lot more respect for him that our current president. Hillary has been pretty straight on the issues, moreso than a lot of people with a political history as long as hers.

Obama isn't qualified to be president, plain and simple. He might be a good guy, but he'll never get elected.

Hillary in a nutshell:

http://www.issues2000.org/Senate/Hillary_Clinton.htm

• Members

I think Bush has done a pretty good job proving you don't need skills of any kind to be president. Oratory, basic geography, jr. high level history and economics.....

Too bad the Democrats gave us candidates that were even worse. They only have themselves to blame.

• Members

That's a really childish reason. No wonder there is so much division, politics has become an elementary school playground. :rolleyes:

• Members

oh yeah-- obama'd be alot better:rolleyes: 2 whole years in the senate and hes qualified to be president--LOL

i saw him on oprah talking about how all the kids in africa need help.

he better talk about helping the kids in america first.

what a joke.

people only vote for him because hes black.

I recommend learning more before running your ignorant mouth, as usual. It's not his fault you're an ignorant ass who makes retarded assumptions without bothering to check if you're right or not. His entire career has been about helping American (specifically Chicagoan, which is who he represents and is his home) children and helping the underprivileged help themselves rather than bull{censored} government money-tossing. I'll post here what I posted in another thread:

"No track record of anything" -- he was a monumental grassroots organizer in Chicago, he's known as "one of the people" who gets things done. For instance when he first went there after graduating from Columbia, he felt he wasn't useful enough so he went to law school. Harvard Law -- where not only did he graduate magna cum laude, he was president of the Harvard Law Review (the first black president). Then he came back and not only used that law degree for his grassroots organizations, he taught Constitutional Law at UChi. Since he's been in the Senate, he's sponsored 152 bills and cosponsored 427. The bill putting all government spending on the internet so Americans can track how their tax dollars are being spent is called the "Coburn-Obama Transparency Act". Another bill that expands the Nunn

• Members

how do you know all this?

i hear alot of people saying they think she does a good job with NY.

and oratory skills?.... who gives a {censored}.

i dont vote for somebody because they can "deliver a good speech"

i vote for them because of the content of the speech.

you are in the vast, vast minority. might be the smarter/wiser course of action.. but since when has that mattered?

look up the Nixon/JFK debates in 1960, specifically the difference in opinion about the debates' outcome between the TV and radio audiences. those debates were nothing short of a revelation in American politics as to what really matters in deciding a candidate.

Archived