OT: RIP Audioslave.... :(

Bopper

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

audioslave has always been a horribly mediocre snore-fest

and Rage wasn't? IMO, Audioslave was at least listenable. RATM was not. Unless you were a really pissed off teenager pretending to be a Rastafarian, like ole' Zachy the fraud. Tried to pass himself off as some deprived inner city yoot when he was born to wealthy parents. He should change his name to Zach De La Jackass.

• Members

yeah, they would've been better if they rapped about the lord. :arg:

no, they would have been better with a real singer and not a fraud. Hmmm, wonder what ole Zach has been doing fr the past few years? Oh, I know! SUCKING. His solo career went where his career shold have gone in the first place. Nowhere.

• Members
Chris left audioslave because he cannot sing anymore. His voice is totally shot and he has accepted the fact that he can no longer perform audioslave or soundgarden songs. He especially can't cover most of the soundgarden stuff.

As far as the personality confilcts go - that was probably a case of the band wanting to tour on the new album and his refusal to do so due to his shot voice.

:freak: Your nuts. His voice is fine. He's releasing another solo album, and probably gonna tour after that.

I don't care about either band, but I'd love to see Cornell in Alice in Chains :idea:

• Members

and Rage wasn't? IMO, Audioslave was at least listenable. RATM was not. Unless you were a really pissed off teenager pretending to be a Rastafarian, like ole' Zachy the fraud. Tried to pass himself off as some deprived inner city yoot when he was born to wealthy parents. He should change his name to Zach De La Jackass.

I can understand not liking their type of music or the message, definitely not for everyone, but you're off with you take on Zach. He was not born to "rich parents", he never tried to pass himself off as some "deprived inner city yoot", and I don't think he was pretending to be a Rastafarian,...he just sports dread-locs. He's written lyrics about people in the inner city but it was more of an observation from his perspective.

I happen to be a fan of RATM's music, love the playing, the groove and the power. I don't always agree with Zach's view point, but sometimes I do.

• Members
When the pointed subject matter and specific issues are stripped away their message was simple --

don't think for yourself, let musicians decide your politics, and ideals for you.

America is evil, capitalism is evil, but give us your money.

Communism is cool, as long as we don't have to live in it, and can be rich.

That's a good message. ??????????

Fixed :eek:

• Members

Tom Morello needs to write an original riff rather than the 2 odd ones that he's used as a basis for everything else. To me RATM/Audio Slave is like a modern Day AC/DC. Except RATM was listenable more than 1 or 2 times like audio slave.

This is great news.

• Members

it would be the best if we could get soundgarden back. i would buy 5 of those cd's.

I would too, if they replaced Sasquatch with a real lead player.

After Thayil and Morello, it would be refreshing to hear Cornell in a band with a guy who played a conventional solo every now and then.

• Members

I would too, if they replaced Sasquatch with a real lead player.

After Thayil and Morello, it would be refreshing to hear Cornell in a band with a guy who played a conventional solo every now and then.

Good call. Thayil can ruin a groove in 2 notes.

And LOL at the Sasquatch comment

• Members

+1 dead on

Zach is a fukin fraud. Adam Sandler should be the new vocalist for RATM because he sounds just like Zach when he sings like that and has just as much street cred:wave:

• Members

I can understand not liking their type of music or the message, definitely not for everyone, but you're off with you take on Zach. He was not born to "rich parents", he never tried to pass himself off as some "deprived inner city yoot", and I don't think he was pretending to be a Rastafarian,...he just sports dread-locs. He's written lyrics about people in the inner city but it was more of an observation from his perspective.

I happen to be a fan of RATM's music, love the playing, the groove and the power. I don't always agree with Zach's view point, but sometimes I do.

oh no, don't get me wrong, the music was GREAT! Great playing, great groove, yup. Zach sucked. It got to the point where all he was was another asshole with a microphone and an audience looking for attention. "Hey look at me, I'm a pissed off rockstar!!!!!" If that's all he's got he can keep it. And that's ALL he's got. I for one am glad his solo career flopped. Kinda proved why RATM was so popular, because of the music and not because of Zach De La Jackass. But hey, if you're a fan, that's fine with me.

• Members

Zach and Morello should replace Wilk with Don Henley and rename the band the Limousine Liberals.

Their whole "rise up against the man" schtick goes out the window when you pick up one of their releases and notice it has the imprint of MAJOR LABEL, among the biggest corporate nightmares and exploiters of people in the entire world. And spare me the "we're merely infiltrating a major label to get our message across to the most listeners" argument. That's complete horse{censored} unless ALL of the proceeds go to the Free Mumia fund and the like.

That said, I have Rage's first album on my iPod. Love the music and love how the voice works from a strictly melodic (or anti-melodic) way. The message of the lyrics? Tuned out completely.

Archived