Fill Metro's Rack

• Members

Oh look! Metrosonus has kindly provided us (the Royal "us", that is) with discussion fodder, whether he likes it or not! :D :D :D

Behold his recent score: A honkin' rack!

6631405757_342948a6e4.jpg

But, what is this? It's mostly empty! THE HORROR! Help Metro to avoid offending the synth gods by filling his rack! There are 21 remaining spaces.

RULES:

- Suggested gear must fill the rack EXACTLY. No empty spaces!

- Be specific with gear suggestions! (i.e. Waldorf MWII, and not just "a 2U synth")

- All suggested gear must not be unobtanium.

- No duplicates.

- Output of the entire rack should be a simple stereo pair (i.e. suggesting a line mixer might be a good idea...)

GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO!!

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Since ya'll lazy... here's what I was going to put in it:

Korg TR Rack

Roland XV-5050 w/expansions

Korg EX-8000

Oberheim Matrix 1000

Lexicon Reverb

Boss Multi effects unit

that's all I can think of right now..

maybe either an Xl1 or Xl7, I'd like a VX 90, but damn those are pricey. maybe virus rack XL

• Members

I have that very same Furman, Med. My only real complaint is that it doesn't deal with wall warts very well, and that it's STILL not enough outlets for me.

"Wall wart removers" remedy the situation, but it becomes very clumsy when several AC adapters are used, plus there's no ground. I love synths and other equipment that have a removable AC cord [most of today's synths]. But at least with devices that require an AC adapter, the transformer is outside the board [no electrical interference inside the synth].

So you have more than 8 pieces of equipment? wow, I never had more than 4 or 5, lol.

I don't know what it's for precisely, but don't forget you got one outlet on the front:)

wwremover.jpg

• Members

Thanks ED,

That price is very good.

I never bought things from craigslist. I sent him an email asking him how much he would charge for shipping and what payment method he accepts. I mentioned that I use Paypal.

How does it work on that site? is it like ebay where both parties are "protected"?

Archived