make the Tele metal, or...

Qlippothic

• Members

I have a Telecaster - alder body, maple neck/fretboard... but I'm a metalhead, so truthfully, I rarely play it.

I was thinking about throwing a high-output stacked humbucker in the bridge... should I change out the stock single-coil pups in the Tele and make it into a metal monster, or just sell it?

(I've got other guitars too, so the Tele's basically just sitting there)

• Members

I had a Tele that I used in my old band and it killed...I put in a SD Hot Rails in the bridge, some locking tuners and it was a great metal axe. I love the Tele aesthetic. With the slab body and not much going on, you have to fight one to play it, in a way, compared to a lot of axes...For some reason, this makes me love it more. It's rough around the edges or something...I dunno, probably doesn't make sense.

• Members

I have a Telecaster - alder body, maple neck/fretboard... but I'm a metalhead, so truthfully, I rarely play it.

I was thinking about throwing a high-output stacked humbucker in the bridge... should I change out the stock single-coil pups in the Tele and make it into a metal monster, or just sell it?

(I've got other guitars too, so the Tele's basically just sitting there)

Get it routed for a 'bucker. I had to replace the bridge on this as well, lol.

CloseTele.jpg

Archived