KRANK REVOLUTION OWNERS COME INSIDE!

Evan.S

• Members

Hey,

I just had a new Revolution and Dual rec come in today. Now they both sound {censored}ing awesome, but the dual is much louder then the krank is. I found that I was running the krank at 7-8 to match the dual at 5. This was in my practice space so I could really crank them.

How loud is the revolution? Should I replace the tubes?

Evan

• Members

That's wierd. I own a Krank Revolution, and played in a band with a guy who played a dual rec and his amp kept farting out trying to keep up with the Krank. Then he bought a Triple rec and was overpowering me.

It can be a very loud amp for sure. I do know that I need to replace my tubes :D

• Members

Get some KT88's in there. Sovteks are the only ones that fit and it will need a resistor change. Rung a good eq pedal in front of the amp and you will have a monster.

Also, make sure the cabs that the two amps are hooked up to have the same polarity.

At my bands rehearsal space, we have four Krank cabs and two of them had opposite polarity then the other two, so they were phase canceling each other. If you have cabs that are phase canceling, you will hear one amp much louder than the other if your cabs are close together.

• Members

its a marshall 1960A and im running it at 16OHMS

What are you running the Dual Rec into? If it's a Vintage 30-loaded cab, there's your answer right there. Vintage 30s are a more efficient speaker than 75s, and thus a V30 cab is significantly louder.

• Members

Hey,

I just had a new Revolution and Dual rec come in today. Now they both sound {censored}ing awesome, but the dual is much louder then the krank is. I found that I was running the krank at 7-8 to match the dual at 5. This was in my practice space so I could really crank them.

Evan

even though im not a krank fan... i thought the revoloution smoked the

Fagbag Krapenstein model they have...

• Members

Hey,

Evan

Are using the same cab for both?

• Members

i'm using the 1960A for both heads. I'm not running two cabs at the same time yet, I'm just running one at a time comparing. The Dual at 5 is so loud I could barely stand it... but I was standing 10 feet back with the master 1 at 8 and I felt like it could be louder.

I know its not just a case of the dual being a louder amp, because even when I demo'd out a krank a few months ago it felt quite a bit louder. I'm not sure whats up. I'll try it with another cab today, and I'll see what our producer says when I bring it in for guitar tracking.

Archived