John Mayer Couldn't Be Any Gayer

Wesley Willis

• Members

i dont like anything john mayer's put out, but he's an undeniably talented guitar player and singer. i'm considering learning his hits to help the age old {censored} quest.

If he were humble, he wouldn't put himself into a position where his comments could be misconstrued because he was being sarcastic or joking around about a particular subject that other people might take offense.

are you serious? how in the hell does being humble prevent one from attempting humor?

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Lets see you bashers write a record that gets multiple grammys, goes multi platinum AND has great songs. Oh and on top of that be a killer guitarist AND vocalist.

Seriously your a {censored}ing moron if you think what that guy does is crap. Its perfectly ok to not like it, but at least recognize the guys stellar musicianship.

Oh and while your at it, why dont you let me in on this perfect original music that makes you to elite to appreciate anything that sounds slightly remniscent of anything.

If you happen to be talking to me, I haven't bashed his musicianship in any way, shape or form in this thread. Anyone can read my posts. I agree with blargh's post that I quoted, but neither of us bashed his playing or musicianship in either of those posts.

Just wanted to clear that up real quick.

Dale

• Members

Yeah. He built his fan base in the Atlanta coffeshop/club scene when I was in college. I saw him about a dozen times between 2000 and 2002, even played with him once. I ran into him a couple times since in New York City, did the "Hey Adam, how you been?" thing. He's no doubt a little awkward, and has been known to say some stupid random {censored} (hence the song "My Stupid Mouth," great lyrics on that one too), but most of that's due to a great sense of humor and the stuff just pops out ('no filter in my head...').

My favorite story was when he opened for Guster at the Tabernacle in Atlanta, and he wasn't yet a national act (it was his "first multilevel gig," still just him and his bassist David Labruyere), and he take a sip from his water bottle and gets this blank look on his face. Then he take another big sip, and he's like, "Guys, you'll never guess what just happened? I have this tea bag in my waterbottle, cuz I'm getting over a cold, and I swallowed the string. But, it's not all the way down - it feels really weird." Then he takes another big gulp. "I'm trying to swallow it so it's no longer stuck in my throat. Wow, this is weird..." And we all laugh and chat, and he takes another sip from the bottle, and then leans into the microphone and says...

"Now I know how a vagina feels."

The place erupts, 1,500 people all saying some variation of "Oooh!" "Awww!" or "Eeeeew!" at the exact same time, mixed with laughter. {censored}in funniest random {censored} I've ever heard. Then he played this sick-ass version of SRV's "Lenny" into "Man on the Side" and back.

• Members

i dont like anything john mayer's put out, but he's an undeniably talented guitar player and singer. i'm considering learning his hits to help the age old {censored} quest.

are you serious? how in the hell does being humble prevent one from attempting humor?

Hey, I've formed an opinion on what I've read. Yes, I am serious. If I were in his shoes, I wouldn't have said some of the things that came out of his mouth in some interviews. Regardless of the fact of whether or not he was joking, there are some things that I don't consider to be in "good taste". If one doesn't like that, good luck in filing your lawsuit against me in court for how I feel and like to carry myself.

Have a great night!

Dale

• Members

Yeah. He built his fan base in the Atlanta coffeshop/club scene when I was in college. I saw him about a dozen times between 2000 and 2002, even played with him once. I ran into him a couple times since in New York City, did the "Hey Adam, how you been?" thing. He's no doubt a little awkward, and has been known to say some stupid random shit (hence the song "My Stupid Mouth," great lyrics on that one too), but most of that's due to a great sense of humor and the stuff just pops out ('no filter in my head...').

My favorite story was when he opened for Guster at the Tabernacle in Atlanta, and he wasn't yet a national act (it was his "first multilevel gig," still just him and his bassist David Labruyere), and he take a sip from his water bottle and gets this blank look on his face. Then he take another big sip, and he's like, "Guys, you'll never guess what just happened? I have this tea bag in my waterbottle, cuz I'm getting over a cold, and I swallowed the string. But, it's not all the way down - it feels really weird." Then he takes another big gulp. "I'm trying to swallow it so it's no longer stuck in my throat. Wow, this is weird..." And we all laugh and chat, and he takes another sip from the bottle, and then leans into the microphone and says...

"Now I know how a vagina feels."

The place erupts, 1,500 people all saying some variation of "Oooh!" "Awww!" or "Eeeeew!" at the exact same time, mixed with laughter. Fuckin funniest random shit I've ever heard. Then he played this sick-ass version of SRV's "Lenny" into "Man on the Side" and back.

OK! THAT IS HILARIOUS! :thu:

• Members

You cheap Dave Matthews-ass clone

Yer gettin a bone

You actin' like a schlong is a big microphone

Makin' sure every little roadie is blown

You wearin' it on your chin like a cheap cologne

And that's the way it goes, and that's the way it is

When Johnny-boy makes a {censored}in' beard out of jizz

He makes a tornado 'o cum

He takes it really well

He takes it up his ass just like he's ringin' a bell

John Mayer says he's not a queer

But he gets on a hard cock and rides it like a John Deere

He's trimming the hedge

While he gets pounded like a sledge

He opens his mouth just like he's sayin' The Pledge

He sings Your Body Is A Wonderland while he works 'em with his hand

He's workin' in a circle cuz it's in demand

He is waitin' for the world to change

To accept his mouth as a semen driving range

John Mayer is a piece of {censored} now that ain't strange

Rock Over London, Rock On Chicago

Spermicide, Dust Your Crops with Pesticide!

• Members

Are you kidding me? "One day our generation is gonna rule the population"???

That ain't as fresh as my rhymes. Oh wow, he plays other people's music well. Face it, his "blues" is basic and unoriginal.

The dude in the Van Halen cover band up the street is a good guitarist too. That don't make him Eddie Van Halen.

• Members
Wow, a forum dedicated to music where the supposed "musicians" validate an artist by who they bang.

He's playing sloppy seconds to Nick Lachey before he played it to Carson Daly.

Wow, what a hero!

Ya, its gay to be a good guitarist who writes nice songs. Where do we sign up for this sort of gay-ity?

• Members

Ya, its gay to be a good guitarist who writes nice songs. Where do we sign up for this sort of gay-ity?

"Nice" song? What is a "nice" song?

Your Body Is a Wonderland is a date rapist's classic.

A good song doesn't have to be "nice".

It's the same mentality as shredders. Chops doesn't equal creativity. Good guitarists are a dime a dozen, but since everyone here is a dime a dozen, they bask in mediocrity.

• Members

Wow, a forum dedicated to music where the supposed "musicians" validate an artist by who they bang.

He's playing sloppy seconds to Nick Lachey before he played it to Carson Daly.

Wow, what a hero!

Uhh I was only kidding.......but by the way you're putting it......you seem kind of faggish yourself.......:blah::rolleyes::confused::thu::freak:

• Members

Are you kidding me? "One day our generation is gonna rule the population"???

That ain't as fresh as my rhymes. Oh wow,
he plays other people's music well.
Face it, his "blues" is basic and unoriginal.

The dude in the Van Halen cover band up the street is a good guitarist too. That don't make him Eddie Van Halen.

Did you even listen to the album? "Waiting on the World to Change" is easily the weakest tune. "Gravity" is a total blues song, done in a new style. As is "Slow Dancing in a Burning Room" - he's really coming into his own guitar voice now (as opposed to the heavy SRV influenced stuff he did). His recent videos of Gravity show how he's really doing something new with the blues.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhJKSseiPXE

• Members

Sarcasm is lost on you!

Your loss. When I see comedy, I laugh. If you can't have a good time with it, then
:cry:
:cry: ....

Hmm are we new here or is the same old "hmm I'm a coward so let me hide under an alternative moniker and start a bunch of pointless shit"....kinda guy? :blah::bor:

• Members

Did you even listen to the album? "Waiting on the World to Change" is easily the weakest tune. "Gravity" is a total blues song, done in a new style. As is "Slow Dancing in a Burning Room" - he's really coming into his own guitar voice now (as opposed to the heavy SRV influenced stuff he did). His recent videos of Gravity show how he's really doing something new with the blues.

He went from a {censored}-assed college radio acoustic rock act to a cracker blues player?

Oh my god, worst move ever! Now we get the worst of both worlds!

In the first place, white people got no business playing the blues, ever. At all. Under any circumstances, ever, ever, ever. What the {censored} do white people have to be blue about? Banana Republic ran out of Khakis? The espresso machine is jammed? Hootie and the Blowfish are breaking up?!? White people oughta understand their job is to give people the blues not to get them. And certianly not to sing or play them. I'll tell you a little secret about the blues, it's not enough to know which notes to play, you gotta know why they need to be played. - George Carlin

• Members

He went from a {censored}-assed college radio acoustic rock act to a cracker blues player?

In the first place, white people got no business playing the blues, ever. At all. Under any circumstances, ever, ever, ever. What the {censored} do white people have to be blue about? Banana Republic ran out of Khakis? The espresso machine is jammed? Hootie and the Blowfish are breaking up?!? White people oughta understand their job is to give people the blues not to get them. And certianly not to sing or play them. I'll tell you a little secret about the blues, it's not enough to know which notes to play, you gotta know why they need to be played.
- George Carlin

You've obviously spent way too much time with this.

• Members

The fact that you have a problem with his talent is just one more reason to validate his talent.

Feel free to not like it.

What kind of intellectually dishonest crap is that?

I never said he couldn't play. I said he couldn't write.

Talent is nothing if you don't nurture it.

• Members

In the first place, white people got no business playing the blues, ever. At all. Under any circumstances, ever, ever, ever. What the {censored} do white people have to be blue about? Banana Republic ran out of Khakis? The espresso machine is jammed? Hootie and the Blowfish are breaking up?!? White people oughta understand their job is to give people the blues not to get them. And certianly not to sing or play them. I'll tell you a little secret about the blues, it's not enough to know which notes to play, you gotta know why they need to be played.
- George Carlin

Carlin is {censored}in hilarious. I'm going to kill the joke, but I think people miss the point of the blues when they say that "white people" or "privileged" people can't play the blues, cuz they don't get the blues. We all get the blues, no matter how high up or down low, we all suffer in some way or another. Sure, the blues started as African-American music, nobody can deny that or should lose sight of that; but the key is tapping into that suffering, playing for something, whatever it is, and not just playing notes or bends, cuz that's what keep the blues going. Don't play the blues in vain; play it because you mean it.

• Members
What kind of intellectually dishonest crap is that?

I never said he couldn't play. I said he couldn't
write

Talent is nothing if you don't nurture it.

The fact that you don't like his songs is a thumbs up from my perspective. Like I said, if you don't like his stuff, its no crime.

• Members

The fact that you don't like his songs is a thumbs up from my perspective. Like I said, if you don't like his stuff, its no crime.

You seem like a good man. :thu:

Are you a musician for a living?

I'm not bashing people that like John Mayer, I'm bashing John Mayer and the reasons why people think he's any good. If all they can say is that he's platinum and has a grammy, then they are bankrupt.

Archived