Spam: Megadeth Line 6 Amp From Risk

Megadeth Man

• Members

Does the cab come with it?

$250 for shipping WTF, the dude is smoking crack with a $250 shipping fee.

If you read the auction it says "Freight"

That means he's gonna put it on a fork lift pallate, plastic wrap it, and crate it up, and that's not cheap. But it is the best way to insure it is handled properly by the goons at UPS/DHL/Fedex or whomever ships it. At least it will get to you in one piece.

• Members

I call bullshit on this. When was Risk recorded- '99? The Vettas didn't come out until at least 2001, IIRC, let alone a Vetta II.

I was wondering about that too. This guy also mentions that this was used for pre-pro on Criptic Writings. Was the Flextone series even aroudn then. I though that maybe it was just PODs and ASX212 or whatever. WEIRD!!:freak:

• Members

The cab looks to be a first generation Flextone cab, though...You can tell by the grillcloth and I think you can see the badge on the top middle of the cab (well, looks like somethings on top of the cab under the head, which would be where the flextone logo goes).

The cab could be from that era (98-99 at the earliest), but not the head fo sho.

• Members

It'd be interesting if this was the Line 6 amp Dave said he was using on the LATEST album, since he raved about it in the press. That's doubtful, though, IIRC, he said it had fewer models than a Vetta or HD-147...

FWIW, I've liked almost everything Megadeth has done including much of Risk.

• Members

Yep - that's BS. Cryptic Writings was released in '97 - pre-production probably started in '96 or so.

Well I don't know {censored} about Line 6 so I'm not arguing on manufacture dates.

But that store is the official Megadeth store and the amp is on the official Megadeth website and it also says it was used for Risk there. I don't know why they would bother saying that if it wasn't? I can't see that fact/lie adding any extra value to it for a Megadeth fan.

Archived