OT: Thrice-Vheissu?

Shredison

• Members

No idea, but it's true.

They have grown and changed so much since the Illusion of Safety (which has some bad mutha{censored}in guitar playing on it), and Vheissu is a great album. Those guys know how to write, and they are still one of my favorite bands to see live.

• Members

No idea, but it's true.

They have grown and changed so much since the Illusion of Safety (which has some bad mutha{censored}in guitar playing on it), and Vheissu is a great album. Those guys know how to write, and they are still one of my favorite bands to see live.

+1

Couldnt agree more. Been listening to these guys for a while, and they change with every album, but in a good way.

• Members

I really want to hear what their new stuff will be like. If it's actually 4 totally different sorts of sounds, or just lots of different stuff, I think the potential is there for it to be their best work.

+1

They are able to cover so many styles (from the metal of IOS to the softer stuff from Vheissu, and everywhere in between) that I always look forward to their new albums.

TAITA seemed kind of incomplete as an album (I think that Vheissu bridged the gaps better), and we'll see if they can make that next step.

• Members

my tastes with their albums have changed so much. ive been listening to them since identity crisis was the only cd out. after the illusion of safety i was convinced theyd never make a better album, especially when the artist in the ambulance came out. i was like 16 then though, now that im 20 im past my fast agnsty music phase haha. now i would say artist in the ambulance is my favorite of their albums, but i appreciate each cd for what it is - they are all good for very different reasons.

my only worry for the new album is the lack of studio use and a producer. theyre recording the whole thing out of their home and teppei is producing it technically. it can go either way though - its either gonna be the best ever or the worst ever. Vhessui wasnt received too well so if this next album doesnt please everyone we might see thrice on hyatis for a while :/

• Members

ANyone know what amps these guys use?

I think JCM800 for dirty stuff and Vox for cleans. Used to use Dual Recs i think. Someone on here is friends with those guys, and knows a bit more. Hope he shows up.

Thrice = :eek: :eek: :eek:

Matt

• Members

Ones that I've seen listed as used by Thrice:

JCM800 2205 (Dustin/Teppei)

Bogner Shiva (I think) (Teppei)

Vox AC30 (Teppei)

Line 6 Flextone III (Teppei)

Teppei used a jcm900 for one tour and he uses a bogner uberschall for recording actually, (not a shiva :thu: ) theyve also both used dual rectifiers for a bit. i think their live set up now is they both use a AC30 for clean, dustin uses a jcm800 through mesa cabs (4x12 and 2x12) and teppei uses a jcm800 with this old weird marshall 8x10 cab.

• Members

Teppei used a jcm900 for one tour and he uses a bogner uberschall for recording actually, (not a shiva
:thu:
) theyve also both used dual rectifiers for a bit. i think their live set up now is they both use a AC30 for clean, dustin uses a jcm800 through mesa cabs (4x12 and 2x12) and teppei uses a jcm800 with this old weird marshall 8x10 cab.

His Uber has a wheat grill, doesn't it? I remember seeing a wheat grill Bogner on stage when I saw them last, and I figured that it was a Shiva - didn't have enough knobs to be an XTC.

• Members

I think Teppei's board consists of the Line 6 DL-4, FM-4 and MM-4, a Whammy pedal and a Rat now and ampwise, he's running a JCM 800 2205 through a custom Marshall 8x10 loaded with 10 in. Vintage 30's and a Vox AC30 combo. He's really scaled down on his rig. Anyhow, I've got mixed feelings on the new album. I'm afraid it's going to turn out like the last Mars Volta or Sound of Animals Fighting album, as in extremely pretentious and just downright bad. Like someone said earlier, it's either going to really good or really bad. It's got a ton of potential to be good, but then again, it has a lot going against it.

Archived