September New Gear Thread!

zoink

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

@ Suilebhain:

I hope you get it sorted out! i had the same exact combo and used it for years! I actually preferred using the mp7 as a sequencer as opposed to a sound source. Though I will say the drum sounds did make their way on a number of things. I just never got to grips trying to edit sounds on that tiny display.

As far as loading the preset patterns.... I think you had to use their software which may not work any todays OS's. I never tried to load them via a sysex dump. Also I seem to recall the MP7 not like being connected to usb 2 port. I had to find an old usb 1 hub. This was a while ago, so it wasnt a problem at the time.

• Members
:thu:

Now, does this send DSI back into not likely, or has the wait made you want one anyway?

:wave:

re dsi, maybe one day i'll get a dsi synth...not really liking the sound of the x4 demo's but i'd guess the synth is just fine as it's the same engine as the mopho mono keyboard...for me i really like the LACK of menu's one old school designed synths like the minibrute and the Mfb synths but i do like some stuff on the mopho...oddly my next sysnth is looking like the Roland Intagra7 !...ALL menus!

• Members
...oddly my next sysnth is looking like the Roland Intagra7 !...ALL menus!

Son what eva U do I will stand by you... :cry:

:lol:

Seriously, even if it turns out to be lots of presets with very basic ADSR (possibly not savable) plus the rest of the stuff that we know can be saved into a ''studio set'', then it will be a good contrast to the high workload of the other stuff that needs lots of tweaking... Sound is sound at the end of the day, so it is how you use that set up that matters.. Good luck... :thu:

If everything is savable IE every setting you will have no worries...

If any presets default on every boot, it may be a slight pain...

• Members

I just got downloaded the 1.1 update (all 25GB of it) for my Spring purchase of 8dio's Adagio Strings.

In the original, the attacks were a bit laggy, legato notes sounded a tad disjointed, and I was overall a little frustrated to have blown $400 on a a bunch of virtual strings that could seem to match my trusty ol' VSL set. OHHH BUT IT WAS WORTH THE WAIT! Now that I have Kontakt 5 running with the update, the sounds are not just "usable", they're 100% more dynamically responsive, lush and choc full of mushy-squishy romantic vibes.

If you guys are into this kind of thing, save them pennies and get it. I'm already putting cash away for this Fall's Adagio Cello that 8Dio will be releasing in a few months.

LOVING IT!

AKhJUEbQzhk

• Members
just arrived in the post!

zoom-h2n-handy-recorder.jpg

4124DI453yL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Hey I did not know about this one... Just watched a demo vid and read the specs:

PCM (Quantization : 16/24bit, Sampling Frequency : 44.1/48/96kHz),

If the sound is good (some mics can sound naff) That will be brilliant... I have been holding out for a good field recorder, some are too big, some too expensive and most are probably crap sounding...

Let me know how it works out, I am very interested in that.. :thu:

• Members
sp250_large.gif

KORG SP-250

Bought as a new stage piano for the church I work at. They budgeted me at $1600, and I came in with a $700 invoice; let's just say I'll keep that job a while. Great board, love the included stand/pedal combo, dead easy to use, but highly-customizable and easy to do on the fly.

Archived