Anyone catch the last Spurs/Suns game?

WillShrdForFood

• Members

My point is hard retaliation fouls have no place in the NBA. The refs are in control of the NBA game, despite what you think. Yes it's a tough hardcore big-contact sport. But what you are talking about here is control and enforcement. The players don't do this in the NBA. It's not self-policing.

Well I suppose you could say that is *CAN* be...just be prepared for the league penalty.

As much as I like Horry, (I said that earlier, remember?....you don't), it should have been more.

I've never cared for Horry, way back in his Houston days. And retaliation fouls are as old as the sport itself(or as old as poor sportsmanship) Remember Akeem knocking Polynese out cold running down the court in college (away from the play) because Polynese kept laying crap on him off the ball? How long do you think The Suns would have been able to play their cheap, chippy play in this last game if someone like Oak had been on the Spurs team. Clue-not very long. The Spurs should have blasted the offending players early and let them know that it wouldn't be tolerated and then gotten back into their game. That has long been their main criticism, that they don't respond very well to getting beat around. And this game was a reminder that they don't respond to it very well. It was about 3 quarters too late.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

My point is hard retaliation fouls have no place in the NBA. The refs are in control of the NBA game, despite what you think. Yes it's a tough hardcore big-contact sport. But what you are talking about here is control and enforcement. The players don't do this in the NBA. It's not self-policing.

Well I suppose you could say that is *CAN* be...just be prepared for the league penalty.

As much as I like Horry, (I said that earlier, remember?....you don't), it should have been more.

So cheap shots and cheap play is fine in the NBA as long as you do it first and it isn't in retaliation.

• Members
One of my team mates in hoops and softball was the super heavyweight arm wrestling champion of the world. He was also later a professional wrestler in Chicago for the Windy City Wrestling organization.

:lol: hahaha!! A thug pro wrestler that plays softball and arm wrestles...dude you're discrediting yourself with every statement. Just STFU! You're not a tough guy and you don't know what tough means. :wave:

What happened to respectable thugs that deal drugs and shoot people? :freak:

Those are thugs that I knew growing up. I guess that's the difference between MN and NM.

• Members
:lol:
hahaha!! A thug pro wrestler that plays softball and arm wrestles...dude you're discrediting yourself with every statement. Just STFU! You're not a tough guy and you don't know what tough means.
:wave:

What happened to respectable thugs that deal drugs and shoot people?
:freak:

Those are thugs that I knew growing up. I guess that's the difference between MN and NM.

Hey, MN is a cool state :cool:

• Members
:lol:
hahaha!! A thug pro wrestler that plays softball and arm wrestles...dude you're discrediting yourself with every statement. Just STFU! You're not a tough guy and you don't know what tough means.
:wave:

What happened to respectable thugs that deal drugs and shoot people?
:freak:

Do you realize that I don't care?:love: Have you played a lot of upper level fast pitch? Heck, I'd like to see you takes some swings even against some of the female pitchers, like Fernandez. What do ya think? Think you could make solid contact consistently?

• Members
they still suck
:bor:

robot team that is out of date.

Well they had the 3rd best record in the leauge this year - so yeah I guess they do suck.:rolleyes:

I'm willing to admit the Suns are a good team. Sorry, but you post douche-bag comments that make you look foolish.

• Members
Well they had the 3rd best record in the leauge this year - so yeah I guess they do suck.
:rolleyes:

I'm willing to admit the Suns are a good team. Sorry, but you post douche-bag comments that make you look foolish.

I love it when people who know nothing about sports try and get in on these types of conversations. :blah::lol::blah::lol:

• Members

i know everything there is to know about sports. why are all you hillbillies so touchy anyways?

Spurs suck??? You know everything about sports? I know when a team is good and will admit it, even if I despise them.

• Members

Spurs suck??? You know everything about sports? I know when a team is good and will admit it, even if I despise them.

it was a joke. of course the spurs are a good team, arguably the most consistant team. i definatly don't despise them, although i would have really liked to see game 5 without any suspensions.

• Members
it was a joke. of course the spurs are a good team, arguably the most consistant team. i definatly don't despise them, although i would have really liked to see game 5 without any suspensions.

Ahhhh.....trolling the sports thread. Jolly good show!!! :thu:

• Members

Everyone's gonna be a douchebag about this, whether their Suns fans or Spurs fans. My problem is that, despite what some people have said, if Stoudemire/Diaw were going to get suspended, then Duncan should have been suspended too. Otherwise, don't suspend anyone but Horry.

On a more subjective note, David Stern may have ruined the most entertaining thing about the remainder of the playoffs.

Exactly!

Archived