OT: Church of Scientology

JBecker

• Members

I remember a few years ago me and some friends from work were hanging out at Dave and Busters (yeah, I was at the mall, I'm a sheeple!). Not far from the entrance there was a scientology kiosk. They don't call them scientology kiosk, but they're basically indentured servants of scientology hocking Dianetics books and such.

We went to spencers and bought some alien costumes and masks, you know, the big green glowing head kind, and then just hung out at the scientology booth for an hour or so, refusing to move or talk to the "workers" there. Then we brought the costumes back for a refund.

It was funny to see peoples reactions as they went by. Most were just confused, but the people who knew what we were doing would bust out laughing.

I'm surprised there weren't people at my house that night, in retrospect.

-W

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

That is the dumbest thing i've heard in a while.

You can't even begin to compare the 2 religions.

ROFL.

Was waiting for it...

Keep in mind that I strictly mentioned the two creation stories...

If you think aliens bringing souls down to earth and doing all that crazy {censored} is any LESS plausible than a {censored}ing gaseous entity creating a woman from a mans rib, putting them in a beautiful garden complete with talking snakes and forbidden fruits then I don't know that you and I are exactly going to see eye to eye friend.

motivational.jpg

FTW!!!

• Members

ROFL.

Was waiting for it...

Keep in mind that I strictly mentioned the two creation stories...

If you think aliens bringing souls down to earth and doing all that crazy {censored} is any LESS plausible than a {censored}ing gaseous entity creating a woman from a mans rib, putting them in a beautiful garden complete with talking snakes and forbidden fruits then I don't know that you and I are exactly going to see eye to eye friend.

motivational.jpg

FTW!!!

Only retards take the bible literally, you are apparently one of them

• Members

Only retards take the bible literally, you are apparently one of them

I dont take the Bible any way. Though I do think a book written by God to guide humans on matters as important WHETHER OR NOT THEY GO TO HELL would be written in a literal manner and not be up for interprative debate.

But ohh well, Im sure scientologists, like Christians would defend their belief systems in much the same manner as you seem to be. You see, the aliens are a metaphor for mans higher self......blah {censored}ing blah.

Calling their religion silly while defending your own is silly.

• Members

I dont take the Bible
any way
. Though I do think a book written by God to guide humans on matters as important WHETHER OR NOT THEY GO TO HELL would be written in a literal manner and not be up for interprative debate.

But ohh well, Im sure scientologists, like Christians would defend their belief systems in much the same manner as you seem to be. You see, the aliens are a metaphor for mans higher self......blah {censored}ing blah.

Calling their religion silly while defending your own is silly.

So if its not meant to be taken metaphorically why do things line up so well with actual historical events? Adam ruling over Eve = Patriarchal revolution, snake becoming an enemy = fall of fertility cults who worshiped the snake, Adam having to work for his food = discovery of agriculture along with the extra work

I'm not christian by the way, so you can put those canned arguments away

Also, God did not write the bible. No educated christian claims that

• Members

I am speaking directly from dealing with fundamentalists daily. Who claim that God guided mans hand. I can't speak on that part.

And what do you want? Your claims that things line up are pretty unscientific. I could take any passage in the damn bible and think up some outlandish parallel to throw at you.....seriously. What point are you making?

• Members

Stop calling it a religion, it's a cult.

And the reason "L. Ron" had/has his cultists (cultees? cultures?) rail against psychiatry is because he wrote a self-help book called Dianetics which was basically a load of bull{censored} and was rejected by the psychiatric community. He got pissy and claims they perpetrated the holocaust.

It's terrifying {censored}, and I will say once again, it is a CULT.

• Members

I am speaking directly from dealing with fundamentalists daily. Who claim that God guided mans hand. I can't speak on that part.

And what do you want? Your claims that things line up are pretty unscientific. I could take any passage in the damn bible and think up some outlandish parallel to throw at you.....seriously. What point are you making?

No, my claims are backed up by actual historians. Yours is just baseless speculation processed with flawed logic

• Members

When I saw the South Park episode, with the "this is what they really believe" flashing across the screen, with the aliens and the space ships that looked like old jet air liners... dropping excess alien people into volcanos and all... I thought they were going to be sued for such made up silliness.

Turns out, that's what Scientologists believe. Really.

• Members

When I saw the South Park episode, with the "this is what they really believe" flashing across the screen, with the aliens and the space ships that looked like old jet air liners... dropping excess alien people into volcanos and all... I thought they were going to be sued for such made up silliness.

Turns out, that's what Scientologists believe. Really.

LOL, I had the same reaction to the Mormon episode. Dum dum dum dum dum!

• Members

Also, God did not write the bible. No educated christian claims that

Well, they claim that God directly inspired the writing through people. They'd say that he didn't physically move the pens on the papers, but he did dictate exactly what to write through "inspiration."

To Christians, people wrote the bible via the direct control of God, just like the same way Mario runs through the level via the direct control of a human.

So yeah, educated Christians do claim that God wrote the Bible. :D

• Members

Well, they claim that God directly inspired the writing through people. They'd say that he didn't physically move the pens on the papers, but he did dictate exactly what to write through "inspiration."

To Christians, people wrote the bible via the direct control of God, just like the same way Mario runs through the level via the direct control of a human.

So yeah, educated Christians do claim that God wrote the Bible.
:D

I've heard of that interpretation, but I still haven't met a Christian who believes it.

• Members

I like how Christians worship the bible but when you question a part of it all they say is, "Well, you don't take it literally. You interpret it". I interpret that Jesus was a carpenter that banged hookers and hung out with low lifes that followed him around cuz he was the smart one in the bunch.

• Members

I've heard of that interpretation, but I still haven't met a Christian who believes it.

Dont make it out in the south much do ya there pal?

There's even a name for it "biblical/divince inspiration".

2 Timothy 3:16: "All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness." (KJV).

Im not trying to argue for it, its just a verse they like to point to.

So what about my comments is based on flawed logic again?

I reiterate, taken literally(like many Christians do and how I think you probably should if you believe that God guided the hand of the writers) the creations story in the bible is no less silly than the creation story in scientology. Think about it....scientifically....aliens vs. gaseous entity creating rib-women.

Btw, since we are talking about it, I would imagine that most people take "Jesus as God on earth" pretty damn literally. God sending people to hell or heaven..again pretty literally etc......so what about God guiding the writers hands is such a stretch for you?

Now, realistically viewing the bible...allegory and metaphor makes lots of sense to me.

• Members

ROFLMAO you are retarded
. Since when is New Jersey in the south?
:wave:

believe him when he says this stuff though...people here in the south DO believe everything he said, pretty much word for word. mostly the baptists, pentecostals...catholics and episcopalians (who are in the minority) are more like you Phishmonkey. but everyone else is very much like Assiah said.

its kinda scary at times LOL

• Members

believe him when he says this stuff though...people here in the south DO believe everything he said, pretty much word for word. mostly the baptists, pentecostals...catholics and episcopalians (who are in the minority) are more like you Phishmonkey. but everyone else is very much like Assiah said.

its kinda scary at times LOL

Wow, thats pretty scary:eek:.

• Members

ROFLMAO you are retarded
. Since when is New Jersey in the south?
:wave:

People often make piece of {censored} arguments like this when they cant argue on topic.

I win, you lose, end of story.

Anyone who has read my posts is not going to buy your pathetic attempts at trying to convince them that I actually believe New Jersey is in the south and whats even more pathetic is that you probably knew exactly what I meant, but instead decided to pull this little diddy.

Who are you trying to fool here?

Archived