Meh, gotta buy a new chorus pedal. What`s your choice?

BAZGUITARMAN

• Members

This is the last thing I have to add to my pedal board to make myself happy. I had a Digitech Multi-Voice chorus which sounded great but caused a feed-back loop with my 5150 II. So It had to go and I`m looking again.

I do not use much chorus at all. I use it to widen clean stuff and add a little extra something to lower gain rhythms. I just use it here and there. And just on a few songs.

I need a great sounding, but simple unit. I like to set my chorus and forget about it. These are the ones I`m looking at right now.

MXR Stereo Chorus

239198.jpg

Visual Sound H20

222527.jpg

Ibanez CS9 Reissue

238905.jpg

Digitech CF7 Chorus Factory

465057.jpg

Voodoo Labs Analog Chorus

368066.jpg

Rocktron Tsunami Chorus

239783.jpg

• Members

I haven't used any of the pedals you've mentioned, but I own a EHX Small Clone and it sounds great and is by far the most simplistic unit out there, featuring a single knob and a switch for depth.

+1

Can't go wrong with a small clone

• Members

I haven't used any of the pedals you've mentioned, but I own a EHX Small Clone and it sounds great and is by far the most simplistic unit out there, featuring a single knob and a switch for depth.

Another vote for the EHX SC, super simple, sounds great! :thu:

• Members

imo you should take a look to the Ibanez SC10, lush stereo ANALOG chorus with true BBD chip and made by Maxon at the time plus you can find'em for peanuts at the bay (around 35-40 bucks you can get one . . .).

my 0.02 :thu:

• Members

Thanks for the replies guys.

I know a lot of players like the Small Clone, but I`ve heard really bad things about noise and reliability. A lot of bad things. About 50% of the people I`ve talked to have said something about excessive noise and reliability problems.

I don`t want to have to deal with those issues. I want something that is bullet proof and noise free. Good tone with no baggage.

Eric

• Members

Those are all kind of run-of-the-mill crappy pedals. There are much better choruses on the market that do a lot of tones. Most of the pedals you have listed have one sound. Check these out:

Red Witch Empress Chorus

RetroSonic Stereo Chorus

Analogman Bi-Chorus

Diamond Halo Chorus

TC Electronic SCF

• Members

I voted Ibanez CS-9, I had an original, great chorus pedal. Very natural sounding.

I now have an Ibanez Bi-mode chorus, it is basically 2 choruses in one. My favorite chorus is the Jacques Meistersinger....

• Members

Thanks for the replies guys.

I know a lot of players like the Small Clone, but I`ve heard really bad things about noise and reliability. A lot of bad things. About 50% of the people I`ve talked to have said something about excessive noise and reliability problems.

I don`t want to have to deal with those issues. I want something that is bullet proof and noise free. Good tone with no baggage.

Eric

I haven't any reliability problems, although the switching noise is annoying as hell

Archived