Official: 2007 NBA Finals Cavs VS. Spurs Thread

DannyM

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It's the Finals.

Totally different than finally breaking through to just get there. I think James gets to hold up a trophy, just not until he's got a little more help around him.

Jordan finally got over Detroit to get to the finals, to face some old talent with a few rings too. Getting there was tougher than the actual championship series but, Jordan had more shot makers.

Labron doesn't even have a Paxon around for a game winning shot. He's gotta do it all. Eric Snow sure as hell didn't help A.I. too much the last time he was in the Finals.There's too much playoff experience on the Spurs for LeBron to win a 7 game series by himself.

That's just what I think....but they still have to play the games. So, I'm pulling for the Cavs. I'm a Midwest guy, and always root for the Eastern champs. It would be great for that team to drag the series out to give themselves a chance. I hate the Spurs.

• Members

Wow, im really surprised that the Cavs have 16 votes to the Spurs 6. Maybe some people read the question as "who are you rooting for?"

Lots of people are jumping on Lebrons cock and taking a ride on the Cavs band wagon. Its easy to cheer for a Cinderalla team when they are going up against the most winning team of the past 10 years. Kinda like how I got tired of the Pats winning Superbowls and starting cheering against them.

They'll get off his cock when the Cavs get beat down by the Spurs.

• Members

Someone voted Spurs in 4......
I could see it happening if the Spurs win 1 and 2 and then go to Cleveland and win game 3, maybe.

Personally I'd prefer that it go 6 games that way the Spurs can win the title here at home again.
With the 2-3-2 format I can see the Spurs coming home in game 6 up 3-2 for a close out game.

• Members

well, according to the 'experts' here on the HCAF, the poll states that it's going to go 6 games and it's up for grabs:eek:

I'll settle this... *grabs magic 8 ball*

question: "will the Cavs win the series in 6 games?"

*shakes ball*

answer: "try again later" :confused:

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

• Members

the cavs barely have any playoff experience, much less experience in the finals. i think lebron is awesome, but this isnt his year. i see the spurs winning in 5, if not 4. jordan didnt win his first championship until he had a good team around him; lebron doesnt have much to work with.

• Members

the cavs barely have any playoff experience, much less experience in the finals.

Read on espn that the cavs coach needed pops tutoring to get past the pistons.

From ESPN:

Even during the Eastern Conference finals against the Pistons as the Spurs were fighting to eliminate the Utah Jazz, Popovich was serving as a mentor with routine phone calls. Which makes one wonder how he'll (Cavs coach) do when that faucet of experience is turned off?

Looks like Pop preferred playing the Cavs in the Finals instead of the Pistons and that the Cavs couldnt of got past Detroit with out pops help.

• Members

the cavs barely have any playoff experience, much less experience in the finals. i think lebron is awesome, but this isnt his year. i see the spurs winning in 5, if not 4. jordan didnt win his first championship until he had a good team around him; lebron doesnt have much to work with.

I hope you're joking. He's got solid performers around him, both on offense but especially on the defensive side. The Cavs front office has done a great job of getting quality players around LeBron.

I'm a huge Spurs fan, have been for 17 years but of course I love my home teams. That said, the Spurs have trouble with the Cavs. Playoff experience or not, Cleveland is getting the job done and are peaking at the right time. San Antonio is going to have their hands full. To say San Antonio could possibly win in 4 is retarded. This is going to be a long series for both teams.

• Members

Spurs in 5....and I can't stand the Spurs.

Lebron is an amazing player, but other than that, Cleveland doesn't match up well at all. And I bet that rookie guard (Gibson??) doesn't get more than 6 points in a game all series....

• Members

What answer does San Antonio have for defending LeBron James?

Tim Duncan? Too big, too slow, too old.

Tony Parker? Too small

Manu Ginobili? Too small

Bruce Bowen? Too old, too slow.

Robert Horry? Too old, too slow.

Brent Barry? Don't think so

Michael Finley? Too old, too slow

Fabrico Oberto? nope

Jacque Vaughn? nope

Are you serious?

They held him to 19 points the last time they played.

And that was back in January when the Spurs werent firing on all cylinders.

"You have to respect someone like that and focus a little more of the attention toward him," Duncan said.

"But they're going to need a team to beat us, LeBron's not going to do it by himself."

If Clevelands hope lies soley on Lebron (which it does) then they are f#cked.

The "big", "old", "slow", "small" Spurs will keep Lebron from beating them.

They wont shut him out...but he wont beat the Spurs in a 7 game series.

I'll dumb it down for you: Spurs > Cavs :thu:

• Members
What answer does San Antonio have for defending LeBron James?

Tim Duncan? Too big, too slow, too old.

Tony Parker? Too small

Manu Ginobili? Too small

Bruce Bowen? Too old, too slow.

Robert Horry? Too old, too slow.

Brent Barry? Don't think so

Michael Finley? Too old, too slow

Fabrico Oberto? nope

Jacque Vaughn? nope

While San Antonio is the obvious pick to win the series, they really don't have an equalizer for LeBron...well, nobody does. If his supporting cast steps up (Hughes, Gibson, Gooden, Z), this series is going to be a lot more difficult for the Spurs than I think even they expect. History has to change at some point...I never would have thought Cleveland would beat Detroit 4 games in a row...I never thought the Red Sox would have beat the Yankees 4in a row back in the 2004 AL Championship series...fact is, there's a first time for everything.

This man knows basketball. Please listen to him guys.

+1 :thu:

Go Cav's

• Members
where exactly is Comedy Central Mr Colbert that would make you such a Cavs fan??
:confused:

and yes...Loco5150 does know his basketball:thu:

My lame ass lives in PA. NEPA to be more exact.

I used to be a HUGH Knicks fan!!!!!!!!

But then Van Gundy quit. :cry: Things have NEVER been right since.

God my Knicks SUCK. And I mean SUCK! :mad:

So much so, Now I'm like............. {censored} THE DAMN KNICKS!!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

LeBron gets me hyped man! I love that muther!

Maybe oneday he'll play for the....................... nevermind :cry:

Archived