Official: 2007 NBA Finals Cavs VS. Spurs Thread

DannyM

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I like how the Cavs own up to their mistakes and losses instead of whining and crying like little bitches. Lebron could of cried after the game in the post game interviews but instead took the high road. Coach Brown also could of acted like a whiner but didnt. Very professional, very Spurs like. Lossing sucks but losing with class and dignity is better than losing with a sun dress on.

They have to, or must of realized they had their chances and blew it:

"The sequence that ultimately doomed the Cavs, Delaney's swallowed whistle notwithstanding, began with 5:28 left in the fourth quarter after James hit a free throw to cut the Spurs' lead to 67-63 with 5:28 left. Here's how their next five possessions went: A missed 19-footer by Sasha Pavlovic, a ball lost out of bounds by Anderson Varejao, a missed layup by James, a missed 3-pointer by James, and a missed finger roll by James.

That stretch lasted more than 3 1/2 minutes, and do you know what soon-to-be-champion San Antonio Spurs did offensively over that same stretch? Nothing, nada, zippity-do-dah. They didn't even miss the same number of shots as the Cavs did in that stretch because they were busy committing three of their four fourth-quarter turnovers.

After Parker made it a five-point game by making a 3-pointer with 1 minute left, Pavlovic answered right back with a 3 and Parker missed a runner, giving the Cavs the ball back with 24 seconds remaining. That's when the last big screw-up not involving Delaney happened. As James drove the lane and met a double-team, he made a short pass to Varejao and stepped quickly back expecting to receive the ball again so he could try another move.

But Varejao panicked when he should have passed, driving left and spinning right before attempting a half-sidearm, half-underhand shot that missed terribly. James was visibly upset with his teammate, but the Cavs got another shot when Ginobili went to the foul line with 10.4 seconds left and missed one of two. The Cavs came out of a timeout looking for a quick two and got it from James, cutting their deficit to one, 73-72.

Ginobili then made a pair from the line with 5.5 seconds left, setting the stage for the final possession. "

Personally, as a Spurs fan, I would not have been upset had the ref blown the whistle and given lebron 3 free throws. It would of just been "another chance" for the Cavs......they had plenty of those last night in game 3.

Wanna hear something funny....Over on ESPN, Sun Flower Nation is still crying on the Cavs/Spurs colums.....LMAO!!! Take some Midol already :lol:

• Members

^I read in the paper that David Stern suspended Stoudemire and Diaw from watching game 3 of Spurs/Cavs because of an incident that occured in game 2 of Spurs/Cavs. Apparently, the both got up off of their recliners and made a move toward the TV when Horry knocked Popivich down. :lol: :lol: :D

• Members

^I read in the paper that David Stern suspended Stoudemire and Diaw from watching game 3 of Spurs/Cavs because of an incident that occured in game 2 of Spurs/Cavs. Apparently, the both got up off of their recliners and made a move toward the TV when Horry knocked Popivich down.
:lol:
:lol:
:D

I heard Horry said that Pop flopped into the scorers table better than Nash did. :lol:

• Members

Cleveland needs to really learn from this. Why the heck Varejao went to the basket late in the 4th like an out of control freak is beyond me:freak: What is he doing with the ball in that situation??:confused: Why was there not a timeout to call a friggin' play??:confused:

Bottom line...the Cav's defense is not too shabby but they need a better offensive scheme other than LeBron at the top of the key with the ball everytime. They're a team with -0- confidence shooting the ball. Except for Sasha and Varejao who contribute at least 10 bricks a game:rolleyes:

We Clevelander's are always talking about next year...

we're used to it...believe me:mad:

Until we get a 'true' point guard, an offesive presence in the middle, and a better offensive sheme...it'll be more of the same:(

• Members
Cleveland needs to really learn from this. Why the heck Varejao went to the basket late in the 4th like an out of control freak is beyond me:freak: What is he doing with the ball in that situation??
:confused:
Why was there not a timeout to call a friggin' play??
:confused:

(

James passed him the ball expecting him to pass it back but Varejo panicked and did the wrong thing with the ball. I also wondered why they didnt call a time out....I mean their entire season was riding on the line.

• Members

James passed him the ball expecting him to pass it back but Varejo panicked and did the wrong thing with the ball. I also wondered why they didnt call a time out....I mean their entire season was riding on the line.

Brown called a timeout. The refs didn't see or hear him.

• Members

Brown called a timeout. The refs didn't see or hear him.

At least one of the Cavs on the floor should of at least looked over at the coach/bench to see what they wanted to do. I guess the cavs players arent experienced enough to know the situation.

• Members
At least one of the Cavs on the floor should of at least looked over at the coach/bench to see what they wanted to do. I guess the cavs players arent experienced enough to know the situation.

:rolleyes:

I love how you can't give the Cavs credit and even when you do it's a backhanded comment (you saying that the Cavs' class is very Spurs-like). I've been a Spurs fan for 15 or so years and I seem to remember MANY years that the Spurs sucked. It's all cyclical. Spurs won't always reign supreme.

• Members

I've been a Spurs fan for 15 or so years and I seem to remember MANY years that the Spurs sucked. It's all cyclical. Spurs won't always reign supreme.

I remember those years too. I've been a Spurs fan my whole life. I got to see the Ice Man George Gervin play at the old convention center as a kid. Of coarse they wont always be on top. After next year the Spurs only have Duncan, Parker and Manu under contract...they'll have plenty of money to find another star or two and to get some decent role players. Barring some major injury to those 3, the Spurs could be serious contenders for the next 5 years. After that....who knows....maybe we'll win the lottery again...LOL!

• Members

It's fitting the the SA Spurs

'06-'07 Spurs win the NBA Championship and beat the Suns 4-2 (conf. semi finals)

'04-'05 Spurs win the NBA Championship and beat the Suns 4-1 (conf. finals)

'02-'03 Spurs win the NBA Championship and beat the Suns 4-2 (1st round)

No wonder Sun Flower Nations p#ssy hurts everytime some one mentions the Spurs....LOL!

The Spurs hit the cycle on the Suns beating them in every round of the play offs on the road to their last 3 NBA Championships in 5 years.

The Suns are the Spurs bitches !!!

Spurs > Suns

!!! GO SPURS GO !!!

• Members

^^ True that Spurs did beat Suns twice before, but this one was different.
The Suns actually were the better team this year that was cheated out of the chance to prove themselves as so.
It would be different if the Suns were just plain outplayed by a better team, but not so. It was left to the NBA to decide it. Spurs realized the Suns were talented and had to play {censored}ty to even have a chance! Everyone knows it!!

The Spurs don't deserve it is all I'm saying...I will never respect them this year for being champs. If there is a God, LeBron will make like the Red Sox in 2004 and take this thing after being down 0-3.

Quit being such a dick! You're just a Spurs bandwagon fag anyway.
Those are the worst ones that act like you do!

• Members

everything else aside, the spurs are one of the most boring teams in the NBA to watch.

So {censored}in' horrible!!

The Worst ratings for a championship finals in any major sports.

The only people watching are in SA and Cleveland.

And here LeBron is supposed to "save" the NBA's downfall the past few years.

Stern needs to be fired for letting this {censored} happen.

• Members
So {censored}in' horrible!!

The Worst ratings for a championship finals in any major sports.

The only people watching are in SA and Cleveland.

And here LeBron is supposed to "save" the NBA's downfall the past few years.

Stern needs to be fired for letting this {censored} happen.

It's quite pathetic the way you keep bitching and moaning. Regardless of whether or not game 5 went the Spurs way or the Suns, there is nothing to say that the Suns would have won the series other than your wishful thinking. :bor:

• Members

Let's be straight here, people. NBA teams don't give a {censored} about TV ratings.

They don't give a {censored} about whether they're "boring" or not.

They care about the greatness of their team. They care about a win.

They care about the undisputed fact that at the end of the season, there is no greater result than what they have just achieved.

People hate on the Spurs for whatever reason they find. What they refuse to see is that the NBA isn't a feel-good organization. They don't remind the fans at each game that they're all "winners in life." This isn't high school sports. This isn't about global encouragement or fuzzy feelings.

Greatness isn't about everyone bending over and worshipping the domination of one team. Greatness is fueled by the potential that the very dreams of glory that inspire them today could leave them in agony after they are not realized, and after they are defeated. No matter the means.

Hey Phoenix - scoreboard.

Teams are out to win. They don't care who puts their names down in the paper. They don't care whether Whiny Q. Sleazy calls them boring. These criticisms are a lot easier for championship teams to field when they spend all summer polishing their trophies and preparing for next year.

• Members
I will never respect them this year for being champs.

:cry: Well then I guess they might as well just stop playing........NOT!

The Spurs and their fans dont care what the Suns, their fans, or anyone else thinks about the Spurs or any of their soon to be 4 NBA Championships. Think the Spurs or the 1/4 million or so Spurs fans who will be at the Spurs Championship River Parade later this week or early next week will be thinking about what you or anybody else thinks or says? I know I wont be thinking about you or any other Spurs hater when I'm at the parade sitting back drinking cold beers and tequilla shots watching the Spurs Dynasty and their 4 championship trophies float by me in the parade.

!! GO SPURS GO !!

Archived