slash's tone

ilovemystrat

• Members
why would you want slash's tone. it's nothing special.

You fail at life Scott.

Its the best tone ever, just listen to Appetite for Destruction with the left speaker muter... just :love:

Buy my amp if you want that tone, it gets pretty close, although the AFD tone was a modded Super-trem.

• Members
You fail at life Scott.

Its the best tone ever, just listen to Appetite for Destruction with the left speaker muter... just
:love:

Buy my amp if you want that tone, it gets pretty close, although the AFD tone was a modded Super-trem.

i'm sorry, it might have been great when GnR was in their prime, but since then, it's been copied to death, and bores me.

• Members

Since you are in an apartment, why not try a good modeler. That should get you close without having to crank a tube amp.

+1. As far as cranked Marshall tone @ apartment levels goes, a modeler is probably first choice.

If you just insist on a traditional amp, look at some of the low wattage tube amps with a British voicing, there isn't much choice really.... I guess the other option would be a Hot Plate or other attenuator for use with a real Marshall.

But IMHO, a modeler makes the most sense...

• Members

why would you want slash's tone. it's nothing special.

+1

i don't know if his amps were modded to hell or what, but his marshall tones don't sound much like Marshalls to me.

anyway, i say try a Boss SD-1 pedal in front of your AC30 and see what happens. won't cost you much. or you can even try it out for free if you get one from GC then return it if you don't like it.

if that doesn't work something like a Traynor combo would be an inexpensive way to get it pretty convincingly at low volumes. especially if you use an OD to tighten things up.

Archived