Is there anyone on these boards 21 and under NOT playing metal or some *core?

JBecker

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Cobra...no offense but there are a COUPLE of bands/genres that I HAVE to label because of vocals. It's really the only label I put onmusic....as my MAIN thing is to either enjoy the music or not.

So my labels are:

1) music I enjoy

2) Music I do not like.

#2....only contains a very few genres. I do not like pure bass beat rap as music. I'd say it's an artform...like reading poetry...sorta. And hair country....(pop country) I hate it cause everyone thinks if you put a slide guitar and a yodel in rock music it makes it country. Peopel don't care about the substance...they just blindly like nu-country and don't give a {censored} if it's the same song over and over.

And finally...certainly NO offense to you, #2 would also contain "music" where vocals scream yell and growl at me. Exactly like the example sof "metal" and "not metal"
:rolleyes:
shown earlier. I'll take Steve Perry over any of that any day...call me fag...so what?

if you don't like a certain kinda music for whatever reason, that's fine...i'm just saying a person can get more out of listening to anything if they can put the labels and {censored} aside

here's a prime example:

on paper i would label that as music that does nothing for me, and honestly i don't own one cd of stuff like this...however i can watch that video a hundred times and enjoy the hell out of it, because the guy is simply a great player

• Members

if you don't like a certain kinda music for whatever reason, that's fine...i'm just saying a person can get more out of listening to anything if they can put the labels and {censored} aside

Indeed.

the micro-managing here with "metal" labels was obscene, and lends itself to the very snobbery being discussed.

• Members
I had to go up to 21 since I just turned 20...

What's the deal? Me and rememberduane? Shea and PJ are both a few years older but playing some cool stuff.

Why is my generation and the one's following me represented by only this music?

Bah.

Carry on, 5150 players.

I listen to all kinds, mostly though I play...like the calling..three doors down, creed...:D I like clean stuff, cant beat some good clean neck hb's...dont really like clean neck sc's gotta have a little gain with sc's...

• Members
10 posts?

So....expert AND tough guy?

Or mulitple moniker troll.

Me tough, i dont think so :confused: I think youre the one being the tough guy, "Mr Im Not A N00B". Is you idea of fun around here picking on new guys? OH ill have fun with you :idea: Keep showin me your CLASS act.

• Members

I mostly play garage rock/garage punk and punk. My influences are Turbonegro, The Stooges, The Hives, Radio Birdman, The (International) Noise Conspiracy, Minor Threat, The Adicts, etc.

I started playing guitar with some metal as so many people did. However I've never really been a metal fan. Metal is good to learn because it's, in some cases, (let's say metallica) simple and fun to play as you get better.

I actually use blues and rock paths for whatever I'm playing and I prefer bluesy solos better than shredding.

I also enjoy playing post-rock a la Cobra Noir. (drop D or C with a rat kinda thing).

And I think that Euroboy is an amazing solist.

• Members
Me tough, i dont think so
:confused:
I think youre the one being the tough guy, "Mr Im Not A N00B". Is you idea of fun around here picking on new guys? OH ill have fun with you
:idea:
Keep showin me your CLASS act.

You got me wrong jazz.

But you came bouncing in "this thread makes me laugh...no one forces ya to come here..." Blah blah blah.

Talk about "class act". But you keep pretending, keep fooling yourself.

I never said I wasn;t a noob. I'm a jackass...but at least I know it.

I referenced your psot count because you act so very involved and informed and eductaed about the ways of the board. And here's the part where you say you are here ALL the time but just don't post.

When you signed up, you missed the part that this was a....DISCUSSION messageboard. You know...where you... discuss... things? If you don;t want to discuss the issue....don't click on it.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived