Simple Keyboard/Piano Pieces You're Not Ashamed To Admit That You Like

zoink

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by psionic11 View Post
Moonlight III is also loads of fun, great for venting.

No Rush??~! Your loss, there's some mighty tearful stuff with Manhattan Project and Losing It... Piano and live vocals 'twere 'bout as evocative as guitar and vocals... You'll be hard-pressed to find more striking chord progressions than some of that thar Canuck stuff...
Lol I can manage the hard parts only if I go so slowly they become easy although I used to could stumble - literally stumble, through all of Pathetique. Rush though, do nuthing for me. I'd rather learn stuff like the Promenade from Pictures - haven't yet, just rather.

• Members

Let it be
Don't stop believing
Hard to say I'm sorry
Piano man
Moonlight sonata
Final countdown
Sister Christian
Brick (Ben folds five)
Why can't this be love (VH)
Subdivisions
Drops of Jupiter
Sole survivor
Greatest love of all
Home sweet home

I miss my keys, all collecting dust. 2012 was a very dry year for any keyboard playing. Thankfully my trusty acoustic guitar doesn't need stands,speakers, electricity or space. I think id lose what little sanity i have if not for my acoustic always near and ready to go when the muse needs to be let loose...

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by BonsoWonderDog View Post
I like threads like this. Life is too short for snobbery. If you like something, enjoy it. Simple as that.
+1

I really don't have much to add because I have only a few years of piano lessons under my belt and just about everything mentioned here would be challenging to me. I would just say sequenced or produced electronic music in general. There was a time when I snobbishly pooh-pooh'd anything that could be played on a computer or groove box. Not any more smile.gif

Simple guitar songs are different because... well pretty much every pop and folk song is simple. I happen to like to play some old America songs like Tin Man, Ventura Highway, and Horse With no Name. I also like to play a couple of Smithereens Tunes like Lonely Place and Blood and Roses. Creedance Clearwater revival tunes like Who'll Stop the Rain and Lodi are fun too.

If I try to sing to thise wife tells me not to give up my daytime job.

• Members

Absolutely play whatever flies your spirit. By the same token, life is too short to waste on crap. (inevitable snob ethic lol) I understand snobbery to be a condition of learned exclusivity and otherwise, ignorance haha and therefore not myself in any way shape or form . :o

Archived