Just played the $25,000 EVH Frankenstrat Replica & 5150-III...

The Jeff

• Members

No...it is a Fender product and Fender payed EVH to use his name on it.

MY local Fender dealer (who may be wrong) says that Fender is making the amp for Eddie's company EVH. It's not a Fender amp, but a EVH amp built by Fender for EVH.

• Members

I wasn't impressed with the 5150III clips on youtube with ed playing. It was decent but not a $2000 sound and the cleans were about as good as a spider II's.. In all fairness though, I'll withhold final judgement until I've played it for myself.

Links???

• Members

Why couldn't they call this something other than the 5150 III. This is just going to cause more confusion with the kiddies around here.
:cry:

I think he should've named it the 6506 to be one up on Peavey in a different way. Or maybe they should've just skipped III and instead called it the Zep IV/Zoso head to help avoid any possible confusion. :D

• Members

I wasn't impressed with the 5150III clips on youtube with ed playing. It was decent but not a $2000 sound and the cleans were about as good as a spider II's.. In all fairness though, I'll withhold final judgement until I've played it for myself.

I haven't heard them but totally believe you. But one of the bad things about Youtube and Google video is the terrible sound quality that the stream rate doesn't help but that also poor micing doesn't help. I want to try some of these new amps like the EVH III head (though I'll probably never spend that much for any amp -- I'm not a gigging musician) and the new Marshalls.

• Members

I haven't heard them but totally believe you. But one of the bad things about Youtube and Google video is the terrible sound quality that the stream rate doesn't help but that also poor micing doesn't help. I want to try some of these new amps like the EVH III head (though I'll probably never spend that much for any amp -- I'm not a gigging musician) and the new Marshalls.

Add to that it was recorded with a camcorder mic and it was a pre-rehab very wasted Eddie playing. My bandmate was there in the room during that "performance" at NAMM, and he was blown away with the tone.

-W

• Members

Add to that it was recorded with a camcorder mic and it was a pre-rehab very wasted Eddie playing. My bandmate was there in the room during that "performance" at NAMM, and he was blown away with the tone.

-W

Man, I'm really wanting to hear one in person now~! :D I could easily imagine being unable to stop working on VH riffage. :cool:

• Members

i dont understand how if its a new amp and new tones and voice that might be awsome that people can complain about the price.

theres lots of amps on this board that cost more than 2k and nobody says anything like that abput them.

+1. For a 3-channel amp, if it delivers the goods, why's everyone pissing and moaning? Compared to other 3-channel amps out there, (with the exception of the JSX/Triple XXX), it seems right in line, price-wise. Everyone's just got their ass on their shoulders because it's not a Peavey, with a Peavey price tag.

There's lesser channel amps just as much, & 3-channel amps costing MORE - Powerball, SLO, (3K+, Splawn, Uberschall, Deizel etc.)....

Archived