EVH 5150 III is here!!

The Jeff

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Well, I got back from GC and wanted to at least post a few pics, because I work until midnight tonight and have no time to do the review/clips today. I just got done putting it through its paces though, and every channel blows me away--all completely usable, tweakable, and infinately versatile. There will be clippage tomorrow.
:thu:

Well shame on youreself for working :) we need the clips man :)

• Members
Well, I got back from GC and wanted to at least post a few pics, because I work until midnight tonight and have no time to do the review/clips today. I just got done putting it through its paces though, and every channel blows me away--all completely usable, tweakable, and infinately versatile. There will be clippage tomorrow.
:thu:

How is working more important than doing a review and clips? It`s not like you need money to pay for the amp. You already have it.

Call in sick...call in sick...call in sick...call in sick...

All I want to know, is how much gain does the lead channel have and how is it voiced.

Eric

• Members

I played one the other night....at gig volume. I was really impressed. Way more refined and versatile than 5150's past. If you are going to use it live, you are probably going to want to run it with a HotPlate / Weber MASS attenuator: The amp has no Master Volume, so...you make one!

• Members
I played one the other night....at gig volume. I was really impressed. Way more refined and versatile than 5150's past. If you are going to use it live, you are probably going to want to run it with a HotPlate / Weber MASS attenuator: The amp has no Master Volume, so...you make one!

No gain control? :confused:

• Members

I tried one today at the GC by my house. Sounded much better than the old peavy 5150's. The crunch channel was really nice and usable. Great cleans, and fluid leads on channel 3.

However it didnt impress me enough that I wanted to take one home.

I wasnt looking to buy a amp at GC, but if it blew me away I would be looking to pick one up. I cant say I would trade my Framus or Soldano for one.

It sounded to me like an improved peavy 5150. It does have that same flavor to it. I have owned a 5150, a 5150II and a modded 5150II with the works done to it. This amp sounded better than any one of those. Twice the price of a Peavy, but you can hear why.

• Members

Congrats...but I gotta say it...

It just doesn't seem right...Eddie Van Halen and FENDER? I don't know...what the hell is with the Marshall company nowadays? EDDIE IS A MARSHALL PIONEER! Couldn't they have just made an Eddie model years ago.

I don't know fellas...something just ain't right about Eddie playing a Fender.

• Members
It's starting already
:freak:
. People are going to answering this question almost nonstop for the next 20 years
:rolleyes:
. Or at least asking it.

Peavey

EVH

Figure it out yourself...

Agreed. That question and "what's the difference between the 5150 and 6550." The Mesa Mark III dot questions get kind of annoying as well, especially when people ask which is the "best".

• Members
Congrats...but I gotta say it...

It just doesn't seem right...Eddie Van Halen and FENDER? I don't know...what the hell is with the Marshall company nowadays? EDDIE IS A MARSHALL PIONEER! Couldn't they have just made an Eddie model years ago.

I don't know fellas...something just ain't right about Eddie playing a Fender.

Read the new Guitar World article. Eddie could care less about Marshall.:cool:

Archived