Zombie (The Cranberries)- what amp is that?

petejt

• Members

Years ago I was really into this song, and now I'm back into it again. :cool:

But I can't figure out what amp/s were used? So far it just seems a lot of gain, a big wall of sound, maybe slight mush? But I'm still trying to work out, without any luck.

Anyone know what the band used for that song?

Oh, also, what chorus pedal was used for that LUSH chorus effect during the verses? I love that! :love:

• Members

thought it was a Vox.

I've been watching the video clip, and spotted a Vox.

But I think that was just used for the clean parts- still don't know what chorus pedal was used (real sweet chorus sound too :love: ).

• Members

forget about it, he uses a whole rack of gear and a pedal board.

I just dissected and described James Hetfield's recording setup for Metallica (Black Album). So I think I can handle this rack & pedal setup.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • Members

For what it's worth, I remember them playing on SNL with a Marshall combo. You could probably youtube that video and see how it sounds live. I want to say it might have been one of the purple tolex anniversary amps with the million knobs and channels, but my memory could be off. Those things could get pretty saturated on some of the heavier modes, it would make sense to me if that's what they used in the studio.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

For what it's worth, I remember them playing on SNL with a Marshall combo. You could probably youtube that video and see how it sounds live. I want to say it might have been one of the purple tolex anniversary amps with the million knobs and channels, but my memory could be off. Those things could get pretty saturated on some of the heavier modes, it would make sense to me if that's what they used in the studio.

Thanks for that info! :thu:

• 13 years later...