Found my tone clip!!!! FINALLY!!!!

thefyn

• Members

Try using some other host because it's down again and I'd love to hear it.

Also, you should use LAME to encode MP3s.

Just got through, about to listen then will post comments.

The guitar stuffs sounds really cool. I'm impressed this is bedroom volume although it sounds like there is some airy sound in some parts of the track in the highs though it may be the drums you're using. The guitar tone is really nice though and the song is pretty cool.

I hate the drum and bass sound used though-- sorry, the drums sound super tinny and thin especially up against a pretty meaty guitar tone and the bass is too low. It's almost entirely mixing to the sub and has no punch and doesn't get that well because of it, but maybe that's just a taste thing. I think the bass sound is a bit too dark and low I guess and needs to cut a bit better.

So what is it you're using?

Sounds like a well dialed 5150 to me with some studio magic behind it. I can't get a 5150 to sound like that, but that's the sorta character I hear here but done better.

• Members

Here is the gear used:

AMP: Vintage Club 20 (18 watt combo converted to a head)

Cab: Marshall 1960b

FX: Magic stomp II for compression only.

(solos had some verb plug ins added)

Awesome. I had a 15 w Palomino for a while that sounded pretty cool, but not that good. I did never use it with an extension cab.

• Members

There are still a few things messed up with the clip. There is a delay or a judder which is a little off.

Anyway my main file sounds good so i will move on to the others and worry about mixing down to MP3 later.

• Members

Sounds very good! Just a personal preference thing, but I think the drums could stand to be a bit higher in the mix. Think it will really allow it to drive a bit more.

yep i agree. i listened on my speakers and it was okay. headphones i thought..hmm..drums gone.

• Members

So, just as I thought - the small combo. Well, it sounds really f-ing great. I'm seriously considering doing the same thing (have been for a while). Downsizing that is. Although I do have major GAS for an EBMM Petrucci right now, so....

• Members
So, just as I thought - the small combo. Well, it sounds really f-ing great. I'm seriously considering doing the same thing (have been for a while). Downsizing that is. Although I do have major GAS for an EBMM Petrucci right now, so....

My advice:

Is useless..because i just ordered some Mullard tubes for an $100 amp :wave:

haha. Tone really s a crap shoot. I loved my tone, then challenged it straight away by buying supposedly decent tubes.

They are in transit. I have never played via old mullards but since I was so happy with my little crate i thought i should see what the fuss was about.

• Members
Okay i put out some rough clips of this song but this one is final.

AT LAST! I am selling all of my gear because I am sticking with this tone because it sounds like a guitar and not some uber heavy guitar synth like my previous tone quest was leading!

I am STOKED! I recorded a whole (bedroom) album and this is the first track I have mixed. So there will be more to follow.

HARMONY CENTRAL ROCKS! I would not have got close to this kind of sound at bedroom levels if it were not for you {censored}tards. :arg:
:love:

Try it now II

:rawk::badump: cool {censored}.

Archived