UK / Euro 3rd Quarter spam thread

Phil O'Keefe

• Replies 727
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Right! Let's see. Mesa/Boogie Rectoverb Combo, bought new 3 months ago, mint with footswitch. I'm looking at around a grand for it, or trades for Dr Z/Splawn/Fender/Marshall heads or combos. I'm also looking at trading for guitars, I need a good humbucking guitar!

• Members

How do they compare to the TS-808?

I prefer the Sparkledrive to the ts808 we have here in the studio - the gain range is more linear, the tone control has more range, and the blend control means you can dial in the bass and dynamics that get lost with the pure ts808 circuit. Soundwise, with the blend control all the way to the left, the circuits sound very similar however. I just feel the sparkledrive is more versatile.

Al

• Members

I prefer the Sparkledrive to the ts808 we have here in the studio - the gain range is more linear, the tone control has more range, and the blend control means you can dial in the bass and dynamics that get lost with the pure ts808 circuit. Soundwise, with the blend control all the way to the left, the circuits sound very similar however. I just feel the sparkledrive is more versatile.

Al

I'll get back to you next week mate, I'm at the studio this week so money is tight(although the sessions are free, travel, beer and accomodation is not) but next week, I might have a bit more funds to be able to afford a new toy. It's between your pedal and a BYOC TS-808 Clone

• Members

I'll get back to you next week mate, I'm at the studio this week so money is tight(although the sessions are free, travel, beer and accomodation is not) but next week, I might have a bit more funds to be able to afford a new toy. It's between your pedal and a BYOC TS-808 Clone

No problem. Its boxed with the manual, and apart from a bit of dust its in great condition. Shipping should be no more than a fiver.

Which studio are you at?

Al

Archived