Eventide Timefactor... shipping now, and new info here

JoshuaLogan

• Members

I just skimmed through the timefactor user manual, and it seems awesome. here it is: http://www.eventidestompboxes.com/TimeFactor_Manual.pdf

and here is a cool blog written about it by a sweetwater tech.. it's the top post on his blog right now:

http://rontech.blogspot.com/

The first batch has apparently been shipped now but will be sold out to everyone who preordered... but should be getting some reviews soon.

p.s. the blog mentions the band blonde redhead got to help try out test versions of the timefactor and give feedback.. that's very cool... I've always liked them. :cool:

can't wait for this and the tc electronic nova delay and reverb pedals... :D

• Members

Little part of that blog.. talking about the delay sounds:

"And what can I say about the sounds? You just have to hear this thing. But here are some highlights:

- The Timefactor's tape delay is beautiful. Hearkening back to the early days of the 60's tape echo, I was stunned by how genuine it sounded. Very analog, and very practical.

- Ever since the 80's over-use of chorused guitar (think Prince and The Police), I've tended to shy away from its use. But the Timefactor's chorus invited me in, captivating me with its understated beauty. It's just plain dreamy.

- Band delay allows only certain frequencies to be repeated, in a fully-customizable pattern, creating an effect much like a wah pedal, but far more complex. Great for unique special effects.

- The multi-tap delay makes for a great reverb sound. It's very much like the old spring reverbs we used to have in guitar amps years ago. A perfect emulation of that "Wipe Out" surf tone, and not digital sounding at all.

- The looper function features a sound quality that can't be touched by the JamMan or the BOSS RC-2. There is no discernible "degenerated and recorded" sound like the other loopers have.

- Another great thing about the Timefactor is that the knobs feel good and respond with a very natural and organic feel.

The only halfway negative aspect I can mention about this unit is the reverse delay. As with any delay box that does reverse, there's just no substitute for running tape backwards and adding the effect on, so that when played forwards, every sound comes in with the suction of a vacuum cleaner. There's no exception here - the reverse delay really wasn't too convincing. However, on its own, the effect made for some great ethereal sounds. Just don't expect to recreate any of Jimi Hendrix's cool backwards solos."

• Members

quite fancy it..... but i've always been left a little underwhelmed by digi delays... I have one now but only for the ease of use in a band setting for preset timings... i've always thught it never sounded as good as an analog DDM , DM/AD or a tape echo for those settings..or even just in feel...maybe that was because i could get it so precise in timing ...but..i''ve always preferred those for recording...i'd love to try one out though

• Members

I'm going to get one. On our last tour, my DL4 developed a nasty habit of just completely killing all signal when I go to turn it off. Not every time, but once every other show or so. I have to cycle the power off and back on again to get it back. It's very frustrating.

That being said, noone knows how well the Timefactor will stand up either. But I for some reason trust the Eventide build quality a little more than the Line 6. It should go well with the Delay I built!

• Members

I'm going to get one. On our last tour, my DL4 developed a nasty habit of just completely killing all signal when I go to turn it off. Not every time, but once every other show or so. I have to cycle the power off and back on again to get it back. It's very frustrating.

That being said, noone knows how well the Timefactor will stand up either. But I for some reason trust the Eventide build quality a little more than the Line 6. It should go well with the Delay I built!

Well, I'm pretty sure they've studied every little apect of the dl-4, since they are aiming right at that crowd and trying to improve on it in every way possible. I don't think they'd let it out with it prone to any problems. Although the DL-4 is known for reliability issues and isn't the greatest sounding, it has sold very well and is used by tons and tons of guitarists due to it's features and ease of use for playing live... I think this pedal is going to improve on the faults of the dl-4 (reliability and sound quality), and offer a bunch more options... it should do very well. gonna be awesome

• Members

$400 a whack is freakin steep, even for a gear whore like myself.

It is. BUT......... You will most likely never want to sell this pedal either.

So if you "were" to get a delay pedal that was better than ALL the other ones on the market, and it lasted you 20 or 30 years. Think of the price payed for something THAT good. Over that length of time.

People that bought Eventide units back in the 80's are still using those units. Stuff like the H3000's and DSP4000's. They are still industry standard, AND they work just fine to this day.

• Members
$400 a whack is freakin steep, even for a gear whore like myself. If I was going to get the mod one as well, I might as well get a t.c.electronic G System and get more flexibility.

Ours is apparently using them as well
:thu:

I'll sell you my g-system for $900 plus shipping, only cos I like your music.

-W

Archived