Engl Invader 100 Clip!!!

DerekB

• Members

Here is one of soon to be many Engl Invader 100 clips. This Amp and the SE to me are hands down my favorite amps by Engl and along with my new 5150 III my favorite amps ever. I'll be posting another clip of the amp with no back track and will go thru all the channels in low gain and high gain mode and with the bright switch on and off for all 4 channels to try and show how verstile sounding it is on the fly. This clip was recorded using an SM 57 and an MD 421 dual tracked. My friend Seth played my EVH Charvel and the head was going thru my Mojave G12H-30 loaded 4x12.

Heres the link and thanks for checking it out.

http://rocksolidamps.com/mp3/Engl%20Invader%20100%20HC2.mp3

Derek:cool:

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Nah not even nearly cranked it was recorded at just a Moderate volume.

Moderate volume? As in past 1 or 2, which ought to be loud enough for the above, or as in you all could talk while it was going on?

I'm just curious because my Weber versions of the same are two totally different speakers as you turn them up. At moderate volume, the suck the big one. Then, as you give them juice, they totally change and sound rich.

• Members

Moderate volume? As in past 1 or 2, which ought to be loud enough for the above, or as in you all could talk while it was going on?

I'm just curious because my Weber versions of the same are two totally different speakers as you turn them up. At moderate volume, the suck the big one. Then, as you give them juice, they totally change and sound rich.

It was just a little above talking volume. The Master was on 2.5 out of 11 and the preamp volume was at 5 1/2 (5:30)

BTW what do you mean the weber versions?

DErek

• Members

That sounds a lot better with high gain stuff than the CD Engl gives out. I actually really dig that tone!

Your taking a huge liking to the new 5150 eh?

I Absolutely love the 5150 III and it has some similarities as the Invader 100 just not as versatile in general and on the fly.

• Members

That has some real growl to it. I love it about half way through. Great clip!

How would you compare the 5150 III to the original 5150?

BTW, the Invader sounds like it's right up there but I will agree by saying the SE is my favorite Engl and easily in my top 2 favorite amps ever!

• Members

That has some real growl to it. I love it about half way through. Great clip!

How would you compare the 5150 III to the original 5150?

BTW, the Invader sounds like it's right up there but I will agree by saying the SE is my favorite Engl and easily in my top 2 favorite amps ever!

Thanks for checking it out man.

The new 5150 III compared to the Peavey versions is a night and day difference all around for the better IMO and is much more versatile and can totally sound like old school and newer EVH tones comparitively while also having some killer modern for metal as well.

De:cool:rek

Archived