Is that Jim Root Telecaster out yet?

Random Hero

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

As an alternative, you could buy a USA HH tele that will most likely have pups more suited to your liking, as well the more familiar fender neck. You can also take your pick from all the standard fender colors, albeit not a "flat" finish. You will not have black hardware, but overall it sounds like it may be your cup of tea.

I've considered that actually. Firstly, that's probably gonna be a fair bit more expensive. Secondly, I really like the look of the JR model: with the the lone volume control, and especially the black hardware and the 70s logo. I also like that it's mahogany and will sound totally different to a normal tele. The USA HH is a nice guitar tho. I probably won't have the money to do anything to be honest. I need a new amp first.

• Members

Am I the only one that thinks the black one with the maple fretboard looks way better than the white one with the ebony fretboard?

Even though the guitar is not meant to sound like the typical tele, I just think the body shape looks way better with the maple fretboard.

• Members

I prefer the ebony board.

Really? I like ebony but to me it looks kind of funny on that guitar with the maple headstock. If the headstock was black or maybe even white to match the body then it would look better IMO.

The black body, white pickguard and maple fretboard looks :love: to me.

• Members

I love Telecasters. I love metal. I love this guitar *counts pennies*.

its like an affordable version of the flat-head if you ask me. i like the fact that it doesnt say "Jim Root" anywhere on it as well. He's a bit.. weird..
:freak:

Well he is pretty cool for making it affordable. He wanted Fender to do the sig. exactly like his that was priced at under $1000.

I do remember reading somewhere that they had planned on having his name on the headstock. Maybe they decided against it or the pictures we are seeing may not have it on there since it's not offically out yet.

• Members

Really? I like ebony but to me it looks kind of funny on that guitar with the maple headstock. If the headstock was black or maybe even white to match the body then it would look better IMO.

The black body, white pickguard and maple fretboard looks
:love:
to me.

I wish the two would switch necks, the one posted with maple neck = :love:

still absolutely love this axe though :D

• Members

my friend put an emg in a standard tele and it was the worst tone ive ever heard. but god damn do i wanna get my hands on a nice tele with some balls. i actually found one but it was completely unmarked as far as model and such goes. it sounded like heaven and played like a dream

hey i almost wrote a song right there

• Members

I wish the two would switch necks, the one posted with maple neck =
:love:

still absolutely love this axe though
:D

+1. I love the Tele shape and for Fender to finally put out a mahogany Tele with EMG pickups is awesome IMO.

If I do get one I'll have to go with the black one. I just love the maple fretboard on the black one. The white one IMO just looks kind of weird with the ebony board and maple headstock.

• Members

my friend put an emg in a standard tele and it was the worst tone ive ever heard. but god damn do i wanna get my hands on a nice tele with some balls. i actually found one but it was completely unmarked as far as model and such goes. it sounded like heaven and played like a dream

hey i almost wrote a song right there

An EMG Humbucker I trust? I used to have an American Tele that had an EMG tele set up in it, and it was some of the most amazing tele twang tone I've ever heard. Everything from bell-like cleans to nice country grit. :thu:

Oh, and don't worry my fretboard-weary fellows...I've heard its going to be available either way :)

Archived