Would an LTD EC-1000 Play as well and an ESP Eclipse?

Chrisjd

• Members

BTW the action is in the hands of the setup guy, I could see an LTD playing as good or better with the right guy tweaking it.

definately, my 200 quid RG7321 plays better than my SL-1 right now just becuase it had a fret dress more recently. I cant stand when people say certain guitars play better than others, i have a 2 grand USA BC Rich which plays like {censored}, but with the right tech could be made into a proper shredder.

The EC-1000 i played was nice, but ive never tried an ESP. I cant imagine it would be a million miles away, and with a pro setup LTD, youd be laughing.

James

• Members

Both are good but the ESP is by far better overall. Better wood, better tone, better overall craftsmanship. It will also hold it's value much better.

The Ltd.s aren't bad guitars but everyone I have owned has felt somewhat cheap and toyish feeling. The ESPs have more weight, seem to be more balanced and have more chunk and tone.

If you buy a used ESP the cost over a new Ltd. will be well worth it IMO.

i couldnt agree more, and to me personally its worth the xtra even if it is double the price. i just love the way they feel and sound so i dont mind paying xtra, but ltd are still nice guitars, i just think that esp are nicer and i think they are worth the money.

• Members

I have an Eclipse II in the spam thread and I have played the EC1000s many times. The EC1000 is like a shred guitar made in a les paul shape. The Eclipse II is a Les Paul but I think ESP did a better job than gibson does currently. The materials on the ESP are all better and the general quality and playability is a step above. I would say its worth the extra cash to get the ESP.

• Members

I have an Eclipse II in the spam thread and I have played the EC1000s many times. The EC1000 is like a shred guitar made in a les paul shape. The Eclipse II is a Les Paul but I think ESP did a better job than gibson does currently. The materials on the ESP are all better and the general quality and playability is a step above. I would say its worth the extra cash to get the ESP.

I had an ESP Eclipse (VB) and thought it was way too bright. Nothing like a LP in terms of tone. I think the alder M-I (currently for sale;)) I have is warmer than the mahogany Eclipse I had. Probably due to the neck-through.

• Members

I've toyed with this too, when I get the ltd you sent me. i'll judge if ltd is good or not. if not i'm going the esp route i think. its only a hundred or two extra. i am planning on the honey burst though. no damned alabone or whatever it is called. its awfully tacky!

• Members

I've toyed with this too, when I get the ltd you sent me. i'll judge if ltd is good or not. if not i'm going the esp route i think. its only a hundred or two extra. i am planning on the honey burst though. no damned alabone or whatever it is called. its awfully tacky!

whats taking so long i wonder?! Yours sounds AMAZING, i will tell you that!

• Members

I think its the transatlantic travelling!
:p
i hope neck doesnt get snapped in transit. or it doesnt get caught in customs. you did mark it as a gift right?
:p

I believe I marked it as a gift :eek::confused:

I packed it really tight, I dont think there is any way it will be damaged.

• Members

so far everyone here said they're close, which i think is pretty accurate...when you look at the ec1k going for around $800 new, and the eclipse II going for around $1400 new you're paying nearly double for the esp...i don't think it's twice the guitar the ltd couterpart is

I have to say that it depends.....I know guys that can set a guitar that will play itself so action wise I would go for a good EC1000 for sure if the money was tight.

My #1 idea and scratch recording guitar is a $425 Ibanez but yeah while putting for dough the good stuff comes out. THe Ibanez does sound good though :thu:

I think most know me in the way that I do not get gas over a picture, silly if you ask me as you HAVE to play the guitar first. Yes I have seen EC1000s that fit and finish wise were not that hot but with some tweaks played great. Some hear have stated that the woods are pretty much the same and that is just silly.....does one really thing that????

ESP makes some top flight instruments that could compete with anyone's custom shop so lumping ESP with LTD is my beef....sorry but two different factories all together. LTD makes some very good bang for the buck fiddles but to say they are close to ESP?? We have to agree to disagree :)

Just so you do not think I stick my nose up to Korea I have a Blackjack C7 coming :)

• Members

That guitar is AWESOME. If I hadn't just bought a ton of {censored}, I'd be all over it. And your local!!!! DAMN!

Trades? LOL

• Members

I had an ESP Eclipse (VB) and thought it was way too bright. Nothing like a LP in terms of tone. I think the alder M-I (currently for sale;)) I have is warmer than the mahogany Eclipse I had. Probably due to the neck-through.

Thats probably because the VB has an ebony board. The VHB I have has a rosewood board which isn't nearly as bright.

Archived