How many watts is each speaker in the Fender TWin Reverb?

rinkrat6821

• Members

No. You had an option to buy a twin with stock, or JBL, or Altec speakers.

We saw many Altec loaded twins back in the early 70's, I suspect the reason we don't see them for sale now is due to people hanging on to them.

the altec loaded twins are amazing.

Are they a little less piercing than the 120s? Even D130"s will pierce your eardrums.

• Members
both have aluminum dust caps, cut them off and install paper.

we've been doing this for years.

I've done it many times on old BW's and other PA woofers that came with metal dust caps. Never tried it on any guitar speakers. I assume it should mellow that high end out a little. BTW, my "trick"" for holding the cap down until the glue dries is to get it centered well and then set a partially filled pop can on top of it The concave bottom on the pop can holds the cap down perfectly all the way around. I'm guessing you have better methods!:thu:

• Members

I guess I worded something wrong or something but I have a Fender Twin Reverb Reissue that has the stock jensens in it that I'm pretty sure aren't the greatest. The sound is ice picky at times. I am wanting to replace these speakers with a weber 12f150 and a 12f150b. They come either as 25 watts or 50 watts. I personally do not know what wattage speakers I should be putting in my twin because I do not even know what the wattage is on the fender jensens in it currently. I'm guessin that I should put in two fifty watt speakers? Do any of these other speakers you mention blow away the webers and would they be a great upgrade to a reissue?

• Members

I guess I worded something wrong or something but I have a Fender Twin Reverb Reissue that has the stock jensens in it that I'm pretty sure aren't the greatest. The sound is ice picky at times. I am wanting to replace these speakers with a weber 12f150 and a 12f150b. They come either as 25 watts or 50 watts. I personally do not know what wattage speakers I should be putting in my twin because I do not even know what the wattage is on the fender jensens in it currently. I'm guessin that I should put in two fifty watt speakers? Do any of these other speakers you mention blow away the webers and would they be a great upgrade to a reissue?

Why does the wattage of the current speakers matter to you if you are replacing them with something else? That makes no sense. I'd give myself a little reserve personally, with 50 watters being the minimum if I was going to play the Twin up to its loudness capability. But you didn't answer that question either.

• Members

ok....For some reason I'm not getting something really simple across. I do not know much at all about speaker swapping, tube swapping, etc. I thought that you had to put in speakers with a specific amount of wattage for each amp depending on its output. Maybe I am wrong, but I do not know. That is why I posted this. So, I figured if I knew the wattage of the two speakers already in my twin reverb reissue then I would have to get speakers of that same wattage to replace them in order for the amp to function properly. Is that incorrect? I definitely do not crank my twin. At the most, It will be a little over five in volume. I hope that helps this time. I'm trying to be as clear as possible.

• Members

You are correct. Your replacement speakers wattage must equal or exceed your amp's output. The Twin is 100 watts. It has two speakers. Therefore one speaker cannot be less than 50 watts. You know this but still ask if you can use 25 watt speakers. You can if you want to fry them, but that seems pointless.

• Members
ok....For some reason I'm not getting something really simple across. I do not know much at all about speaker swapping, tube swapping, etc. I thought that you had to put in speakers with a specific amount of wattage for each amp depending on its output. Maybe I am wrong, but I do not know. That is why I posted this. So, I figured if I knew the wattage of the two speakers already in my twin reverb reissue then I would have to get speakers of that same wattage to replace them in order for the amp to function properly. Is that incorrect? I definitely do not crank my twin. At the most, It will be a little over five in volume. I hope that helps this time. I'm trying to be as clear as possible.

Putting it on "5" may indeed be maxing it out, depending on the strength of the signal feeding the preamp section. A number on a dial means very little.

Archived