Spider Valve Clip

LnTh

• Members

Spider Valve Clip

Probably old news but:

http://www.petrucciforum.com/forums/...ad.php?t=50682

It's quite {censored}ty sounding.

Excuse those of us that thought you were suggesting the amp was {censored}ty sounding, but no matter how many times I read that, it still reads to me like you are saying the amp is {censored}ty sounding.

Even if you weren't saying that, the ambiguity in your post and the amount of line6 valve bashing there was before the amp was even released was bound to make people think that here was another thread needlessly slagging it off.

I'm not sure what other point you'd be trying to make with your post (if it wasn't to suggest the amp isn't very good) - the clip is hardly appalling, or so bad that we're all going to be amazed that somebody could get such a horrible tone from an amp, and nor is it so good that we're all going to wet ourselves and go buy/try one...

I've read 329048394839483948 posts asking people if they got the line6 valve yet and people who were asking for clips. I frequently check johnpetrucci forums and I saw this clip over there. I'm so SORRY I was trying to satisfy the curiosity of those who kept posting the question "who has a line6 valve yet?".

Next time I'll try to dig in and find only kickass clips instead of crappy ones :rolleyes:

You know what I don't {censored}ing care. I wrote my explanation and it's up to people to get what they {censored}in want out of this thread. I'll read on about the cry babies who defend the amp when it needs no defending and laugh away.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Updated original post just cause some of the guys here have the thickest skulls I've ever seen. Some stupid folks here fail to realize that while we're bashing a clip, they are accusing us of bashing the amp blindly. Guess what? We're not. And guess what? You're defending an amp blindly. An amp that wasn't bashed in the first place.

If this was a clip about a recto or any other amp, you wouldn't give a {censored} about it. Get over it please.

:blah::blah::blah:

Uh, no... I don't really give a {censored} either way, because your opinion isn't going to sway me anyway nor is the clip you posted.

I just sold my Rectoverb head - which I never heard a clip of, NOT EVEN ONCE, before I bought it. But it wasn't doing it for me. I wanted more than one sound to work with. And you're right - I don't really give even TWO {censored}S about most clips. It's not me playing it, so why would I really care? Anyone who thick enough to buy an amp based on a clip, well, whatever... Go for it!

Not bashing? What would you call it then, Mr Wizard? I don't think I singled any ONE person out though, so change your tampon and have a cup of coffee. You'll be alright.

Defending the amp blindly? Maybe - but so what? did it hurt your fragile ego? It's based on the Spider III, which I have (believe it or not) been able to get some good tones out of (I don't own it though), so I'm almost 110% positive I'll be able to get BETTER tones from the SV.

• Members

:blah:

Uh, no... I just sold my Rectoverb head. It wasn't doing it for me. And you're right - I don't really give even TWO {censored}S about most clips. It's not me playing it, so why would I really care?

Not bashing? What would you call it then, Mr Wizard?

Defending the amp blindly? Maybe. but it's based on the Spider III, which I have (believe it or not) been able to get some good tones out of, so I'm almost 110% positive I'll be able to get BETTER tones from the SV.

How many times a day do people call you a "Choad"? Just wondering...
;)

Who the {censored} is talking about a Spider? and why would I not believe you got good tones out of a Spider? I believe you can get much better tone out of that valve too but guess what? The clip sucks major balls. Go on with the whining :thu:

You don't know {censored} about me and how I judge gear. So how about you quit trying to second guess me and stick to your own opinions.

• Members

I've played the amp. It sounds like the clip. I've played the older Spiders too and it really isn't that much of an improvement on them. It's got a very similar voicing. The spider valve does respond a bit better to volume and picking attack and will clean up with volume roll offs, but It really sounds like a spider for the most part.

I tried some lower gain stuff, the basic voicing has that fizzy POD tone through the whole gain range.

I have had an POD XT for a long time and love it. I do know how to dial a POD in, but the spider valve doesn't sound as good to me as a POD XT into a tube power amp.

• Members

Spider Valve Clip

Probably old news but:

It's quite {censored}ty sounding.

Excuse those of us that thought you were suggesting the amp was {censored}ty sounding, but no matter how many times I read that, it still reads to me like you are saying the amp is {censored}ty sounding.

Even if you weren't saying that, the ambiguity in your post and the amount of line6 valve bashing there was before the amp was even released was bound to make people think that here was another thread needlessly slagging it off.

I'm not sure what other point you'd be trying to make with your post (if it wasn't to suggest the amp isn't very good) - the clip is hardly appalling, or so bad that we're all going to be amazed that somebody could get such a horrible tone from an amp, and nor is it so good that we're all going to wet ourselves and go buy/try one...

It says CLIP right in the title of the post, so the way I read it, the following post is going to be directly pertaining to the title, i.e., it is directly inferred that when he says "it's pretty {censored}ty sounding", he's referring to the subject of the title, which is the clip of the amp, not the amp directly. If he would have wanted to bash the amp alone, I wouldn't see a point in having the "clip" part in the title.

Meh, just my $.02, flame away.

-Ans-

• Members

It says CLIP right in the title of the post, so the way I read it, the following post is going to be directly pertaining to the title, i.e., it is directly inferred that when he says "it's pretty {censored}ty sounding", he's referring to the subject of the title, which is the
clip
of the amp, not the amp directly. If he would have wanted to bash the amp alone, I wouldn't see a point in having the "clip" part in the title.

Meh, just my $.02, flame away.

-Ans-

Thank you. Finally someone who can read and get what he reads.

Last time I started a thread to bash an amp was..

Hmmm lets see...

NEVER.

Appreciate it man. :thu:

• Members

Appreciate it man.
:thu:

If all you needed was a good ego stroking, I could've helped you out. :thu:

BTW - I never went after you until your miserable online persona decided to come after me. WTF man? You talk about whining? You've done nothing but cry and take offense at things since the thread started. Sheesh.

Seriously. I'll get YOU some tissues.

• Members

If all you needed was a good ego stroking, I could've helped you out.

BTW - I never went after you until your miserable online persona decided to come after me. WTF man? You talk about whining? You've done nothing but cry and take offense at things since the thread started. Sheesh.

Seriously. I'll get YOU some tissues.

It just gives me hope that not everyone is as retarded as you and the like when someone truly understands what I've meant in the original post. Forgive me if I reacted over excited about it.

Keep posting nonsense :thu:

• Members

It just gives me hope that not everyone is as retarded as you and the like when someone truly understands what I've meant in the original post. Forgive me if I reacted over excited about it.

Keep posting nonsense

You know, I get it already - you said clip. Okay, I see that. Give it a rest already. You've said the same thing 20 different ways, but then you started throwing insults out cuz you think you're some kind of internet know-it-all bad/smart ass.

Again, go back and read my posts and TELL ME EXACTLY WHERE I QUOTED YOU prior to you becoming the hemmorrhoid that you are... I never commented on ANYTHING you said for chrissakes!! Continue being a douchenozzle however - you're good at it.

Of course when I was 24 I knew EVERYTHING too.

• Members

You know, I get it already - you said clip. Okay, I see that. Give it a rest already. You've said the same thing 20 different ways, but then you started throwing insults out cuz you think you're some kind of internet know-it-all bad/smart ass.

Again, go back and read my posts and TELL ME EXACTLY WHERE I QUOTED YOU prior to you becoming the hemmorrhoid that you are... I never commented on ANYTHING you said for chrissakes!! Continue being a douchenozzle however - you're good at it.

Of course when I was 24 I knew EVERYTHING too.

Too bad you still sound like a 16 year old to me.

• Members

Too bad you still sound like a 16 year old to me.

Seriously... Cjo, give it the {censored} up already, he's dropped it and moved on and you won't drop the {censored}ing shovel.

I love line6 debates. It's always the haters vs. the fanboys and nothing gets solvedesolved. Just people who would hate line6 regardless fighting with the people who would defend line6 regardless, while people like me who might be considered the "swing voters" eventually shrug and sneak out the back door...

The extremists take over and get all hot and bothered.

I personally think the amp has potential, the clip sucks, but I have a sneaking suspicion it's operator error. Haha, instead of listening to everyone go back and forth tho, I'm gonna make a detour to a GC today and try to see what I can do with it. Are they even around in good numbers yet or is it the usual massive back order situation that seems to happen with line6? Getting a pod xt live when it first came out was brutal

• Members

Not trying to get anything else started,but this thread sure is getting alot of views considering all the Line 6 haters!! Sounds to me like alot of these haters are scared to admit they are curious!! Kinda of like banging a fat chick ,its all good till your friends see you!! Lighten up people and dont buy it if you dont like it!!

• Members

Not trying to get anything else started,but this thread sure is getting alot of views considering all the Line 6 haters!! Sounds to me like alot of these haters are scared to admit they are curious!! Kinda of like banging a fat chick ,its all good till your friends see you!! Lighten up people and dont buy it if you dont like it!!

:lol:

fat chicks are like mopeds, both fun to ride until your friends see you. :freak:

• Members

It's not that bad.

I know...{censored} me for not being a hater.

They just have to roll the distortion off just a bit.

If you think it'll suck playing that tone....maybe you just suck.

I agree, I wish they would've backed off the verb though, and just recorded it dry.

I don't think it's that bad, just too much gain and too wet.

• Members

I love line6 debates. It's always the haters vs. the fanboys and nothing gets solved

esolved.

That's the core problem right there. There's nothing to resolve, it's a {censored}in' amp not world poverty/hunger or AIDS.

People need to not take this {censored} so seriously.

• Members

Reminds me of the only fat chick I've seen on earth that I'd love to bang. I gotta make a move on her for sure. Curiosity is just killing me.

:D

Archived