The Alchemy Index I & II...

JoshuaLogan

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

i dig their new album. im actually seeing them tonight, they are one of my fav bands. but i still wish they would evolve, but not simply change. they need to keep to what people liked about them on the artist and the ambulance WITH the vheissu style stuff, ergo, make heavier {censored}.

If you could tomorrow, could you write up a little review of the show? I'm wondering what new songs they are going to be throwing in the set now and how they come across live. Much Appreciated!!

WATER DISC FTW !!!!

• Members

gear report, bitch

teppei:

jaguar baritone custom and Les Paul custom through a Vox Ac30

dustin:

telecaster almost the whole time i believe through a jcm800 and line 6 combo (for cleans)

i couldn't see cabs anywhere

sounded monstrous, although i dont remember ed's bass being distorted at all

• Members

teppei:

jaguar baritone custom and Les Paul custom through a Vox Ac30

dustin:

telecaster almost the whole time i believe through a jcm800 and line 6 combo (for cleans)

i couldn't see cabs anywhere

sounded monstrous, although i dont remember ed's bass being distorted at all

setlist please

or just a brief overview

• Members

I haven't seen them since before the Island deal, but I really am considering driving all the way up to Lowell to see them and Brand New, two of my favorites...

The more I listen the more I love both discs, thoguh initially I was significantly more into Water than Fire. I still think Water is clearly more unique and creative and is really submersive and creative whereas Fire is less inventive...

Then again there are a few things going on in the Fire disc that when you listen closely you realize is really genius.

I'm not sure how I feel about them using clipped vocals and even some synth stuff that purposely fuzzes out...

• Members

setlist please

or just a brief overview

opened with firebreather, GOD was that awesome

then an array of songs (in no order:

artist in the ambulance, digital sea, deadbolt, the earth will shake, burn the fleet, under a killing moon, stare at the sun, of dust and nations, red sky

thats most of them

• Members

very popular songs.

i wish they'd play a random song like "that hideous strength"

Oh {censored} dude I love that {censored}in song.

It makes me shudder sometimes because its just so good for my ears.

How was Brand New?

I've heard they've been starting out with energetic songs and then going to the slow ones when they play live.

• Members

Oh {censored} dude I love that {censored}in song.

It makes me shudder sometimes because its just so good for my ears.

How was Brand New?

I've heard they've been starting out with energetic songs and then going to the slow ones when they play live.

im not a fan of them, although i dont dislike them, they are the kind of music i would listen to if i want to fall asleep or drive home from a vacation or something. definitely chilled out music.

Archived