How can anyone take Avenged Sevenfold seriously?

bikehorn

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I like a7x, you should give some of their other stuff a listen. The "lead guitarist" is kinda sloppy live and whatnot, but they have some nice album work. lol..hate for the image? Van Halen was just another 80's hair band as far as image, that doesn't make them a bad band.

• Members
I love these "holier than thou" metalhead threads

"City of Evil" is one of the top guitar rock albums ever made. It will still sound great 20 years from now. There are definately faster guitar players out there....and there are lots of good guitar players that don't wear girl's makeup. But the dudes from Sevenfold have excellent phrasing, and their songs are well constructed. Their material will still sound great many years from now.

lol? :freak:

• Members

I love these "holier than thou" metalhead threads

"City of Evil" is one of the top guitar rock albums ever made. It will still sound great 20 years from now. There are definately faster guitar players out there....and there are lots of good guitar players that don't wear girl's makeup. But the dudes from Sevenfold have excellent phrasing, and their songs are well constructed. Their material will still sound great many years from now.

NO

{censored}ING FAIL

YOU ARE AN COMPLETE IDIOT

• Members

They are so fake. They act like they party all day, drink, smoke and {censored} all night.

I read a blog that some dude from that band CKY wrote about his tour with them. He said they hid on their bus and watched TV after every show. Not to mention he said the lead singer's bitch is his tour manager, and that someone from the band said they've been together since junior high or something.

Basically, I boned more chicks last week than that {censored} has had in his entire life.

very few bands actually live up to the party status that they claim. its all about image.

• Members

i have never heard them, but i have to give them credit, i get an email updating their situation every week or so, and i didnt sign up for any list... they work hard for all the credit they have, i see their name everywhere. are they any good?

any band that sent me {censored} about them every week without asking for it would be bad in my books.

• Members
Just listened to this song on youtube. The main riff is almost a carbon coppy of the main riff in CoFs "Tonight in Flames"
:freak:

Carbon Copy?

You want Carbon Copy? Poseur does not even begin to describe these ass-clown's.

let's start with that {censored}nut's guitar... with Overkill's god damned logo on it! Overkill finally made a shirt, "This one is ours, get your own {censored}ing logo!"
a) that is disrespectful as hell, and if you play metal and don't know who... well you're not metal.
b) Schecter {censored}ing is willing to sell it. So, nobody there at Schecter is over 15 years old, or what? Damn, I guess I should start my own guitar brand, Shcecter, with all the same models. Seems totally cool... {censored} Schecter.

I encourage anybody with balls to buy an Overkill shirt, send it to Schecter, and buy another when Avenged Labial fold comes to town. Stay after the show, and get one of those bitches to sign it.

OK, let's move on to, WTF? Is that a Black Label Society album cover on the headstock... wait, and that other POS has Slash's skull in a tophat trademark imagery on his?!

These guys are the Britney Spears of metal. Hee, hee... look, I'm like so cute and like I don't have a creative bone in my body, but like, if you liked it the first time you saw it, you should like our carbon copy version.

• Members

Holy crap. This has really opened my eyes. It seems as if this band has slipped under my radar for far too long. You guys are all just jealous. They seem incredibly original and talented. I'd kill for that image! And those chops! Probably the fastest guitarist I've seen in years! You watch these guys! In like a year they'll be out of the underground and on metal's highest throne!
On a completely unrelated subject, I'm looking for a good place to put these: [sarcasm], [/sarcasm].

• Members

I like a7x, you should give some of their other stuff a listen. The "lead guitarist" is kinda sloppy live and whatnot, but they have some nice album work. lol..hate for the image? Van Halen was just another 80's hair band as far as image, that doesn't make them a bad band.

What's a A7X? Is that a stupid abbreviation for their stupid name?

Archived