How can anyone take Avenged Sevenfold seriously?

bikehorn

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Ax7 are so seriously kick ass, bro. They're so f'n brutal.

I can't believe you don't take any of them srsly

I used to. When I was a kid. Then I realised that it was silly to worry about whether my favorite band was really 'metal' in real life, or had 'cred'.

• Members

Their image is incredibly lame. They've got some talent and IMO could have been so much better than what they've become. Britney Spears of Metal is a good analogy IMO.

And if you think the drummer is not talented, you have a serious problem with objectivity. :idea:

• Members

Yeah, I actually, gulp, used to like them, but I heard two of their new songs and thought they were contrite garbage.

:poke:

Heh, I think you meant trite (lacking in freshness or effectiveness because of constant use or excessive repetition; hackneyed; stale. ), not contrite (showing sincere remorse). :cop:

• Members

the sad thing is that Waking the Fallen was a decent shot. Had some good grooves and was not a bad album all around. I actually enjoyed it. I still listen to the odd song from it, still digging unholy confessions.

But after that they went into this "hard rock" mode and tried to be the next gnr or some crap. Well they still have some 14 year old girls that like their new stuff i think somewhere?

• Members

These guys were taken seriously at one time.

Dude, don't bother. You can post as many pics as you can find of totally flamin' bands from the 80's, and it does no good in your arguments here.

It's like these guys had selective amnesia for an entire decade.

NOTE: I totally tried to do a BrendenO style masterpiece of sarcasm in this post, talking like this is an actual dangerous disease, but I failed. Failed miserably. BrendenO, I bow to you.

Archived