What makes "pre500" Dual Rectos so special?

MrSandMan

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Urban Legend my ass. That is bull{censored}. I have pulled the chassis's and they are different. The circuit boards have differnet revisions printed right on them. Different transformers.
:rolleyes:

Guitarded, mine were the same, and i had one of the first 50 made, so explain that to me.

I also had a 1999 model, one of the "new" ones and it was the same, that is why i called MEsa in the first place.

Who knows, maybe the sold you a Peavey in a Mesa Chassis :D

• Members

They're not lying.. they're just not telling you the facts.

We know this much:

Rectos used different Revisions through-out the course
Rectos used completely different transformers in the first 1300 or so.
1992 components aren't sold anymore (Ever notice pedal builders get hot over certain hard to find parts?)

From the outside they look all the same... but the important details that people look for are difference.

Like I said before.. it isn't $1000 tone difference IMHO.

• Members

and by the way, asking 1800 USD?????

Not even my beloved pre 100 made Tremoverb(circa 1992-3?)went for that amount of money man

AND LET ME TELL YOU:

The Mighty Tremoverb {censored}s where any other recto eats

and yes they had revisions, it is not that there was a batch pre 500 and post 500 that had completely diff sounds.

That is what i am saying, so it is super-hyped!

• Members

I had #246. It was the C board revision and was made in early May of '92. The main things I noticed were differences in clarity. Also, the tone stayed chunky if you backed down off of the Gain Knob in Modern/Red. The clean channel wasn't all that great. I didn't bother with the Channel Cloning all that much because I didn't care for it.

RF1C is the closest to the SLO circuit. The Power Tranny in #246 wasn't dishing out the same amount of juice as some of the 93's and 95's I've owned. It was putting about 445 vdc on the plates (6L6GC's) and the newer ones were putting about 465 vdc on the plates.

Other than that, 246 had a touch more of a juicier feel than the others. It wasn't as hard to the touch. It definitely had a brighter character.

• Members

That's great stuff Dale B. I'm glad you took the time to check some spec to see what makes 1992 rects diff than modern rectos.

I had Rev C #64. It was similiar to your description of #246.

A pre1000 recto sold for $1870 shipped a few weeks ago off ebay.

• Members
That's great stuff Dale B. I'm glad you took the time to check some spec to see what makes 1992 rects diff than modern rectos.

I had Rev C #64. It was similiar to your description of #246.

A pre1000 recto sold for $1870 shipped a few weeks ago off ebay.

Was it a Blackface/Chrome chassis? Those usually fetch a lot more because of the cosmetics. 246 has the regular Recto cosmetics.

They're nice amps and I really like them compared to the newer ones. I really like all of the two channel Duals and Triples. I have a 3 channel Triple right now and would love to get rid of it. :)

• Members
Was it a Blackface/Chrome chassis? Those usually fetch a lot more because of the cosmetics. 246 has the regular Recto cosmetics.

They're nice amps and I really like them compared to the newer ones. I really like all of the two channel Duals and Triples. I have a 3 channel Triple right now and would love to get rid of it.
:)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=320172412716&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=011

I think it belongs to a member on here. I'm thinking about trading my 1999 2ch for a 3ch.

• Members

LOL! So you're spreading your BS and mis-information here as well. At least your consistent.

For anyone that would like to know what's going on here, this guy came to the Boogie Board and tried to spread a bunch of BS hype and mis-information thinking he could drive up the price of the amp he's selling. The problem is the people there know what they're talking about and he doesn't.

There's quite a few gems over there but this is probably the best where he gets owned multiple times yet continues on with his bull{censored}.....

http://forum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?t=18810&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

• Members

There are multiple revisions of the Dual Rectifier:

-A: Prototype only. Would have fallen within the first five serial numbers.

-B: Prototype only. Would have fallen within the first five serial numbers.

-C: These circuit boards could be found on Dual Rectifiers with serial numbers from six to the mid to late 200s. They are a significantly brighter version of the Dual Rectifier and can be better for soloing. Featured high quality transformers that have not be reproduced. Serial effects loop.

-D: These circuit boards could be found on Dual Rectifiers with serial numbers from the mid to late 200s to 500 (and a bit later). They are a little darker than Revision C, yet they still retain the positive characteristics. Feature the same transformers as revision C. Serial effects loop.

-F: These were the revision between the fabled "Pre-500" Dual Rectifiers and the current "Revision G" DRs. Many were equipped with transformers with specifications close to those of the originals, the earliest even have the "Pre-500" transformers. I have seen some with Serial loops and some with Parallel.

-G: Current revision of the DR.

no.1 is in germany, they didn't serial the proto types a and b they did after production began on C( AFTER THEY PASSED THE TEST)

• Members

no.1 is in germany, they didn't serial the proto types a and b they did after production began on C( AFTER THEY PASSED THE TEST)

I found that information on the net. I know no.1 is in germany, but is there a link of more info on #1 that you know of?

• Members
LOL! So you're spreading your BS and mis-information here as well. At least your consistent.

For anyone that would like to know what's going on here, this guy came to the Boogie Board and tried to spread a bunch of BS hype and mis-information thinking he could drive up the price of the amp he's selling. The problem is the people there know what they're talking about and he doesn't.

There's quite a few gems over there but this is probably the best where he gets owned multiple times yet continues on with his bull{censored}.....

http://forum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?t=18810&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

:lol:

It seems once people catch on to his bull{censored}, MrSandman starts crying troll.

After {censored}ing over that one kid, I'm surprised he wasn't banned from HC.

• Members

I found that information on the net. I know no.1 is in germany, but is there a link of more info on #1 that you know of?

Just what Mike B at mesa has told me ( which to no surprise Boogie Babies already has all this info).

I posted the pic or link of the No.1 on the boogie board a while back. All I know about the coveted no.1 recto is that the company in germany(famous i think is the name) is copying them and selling them(it won't sound like it of course but best of luck to them).

And as far as Schematics is concerned all i have found was REV RF-1F.

Sadly I can't comment on the details of the 1st series recto i don't have the knowledge on it to make anything concrete Mike says (and i say this loosely) that the 1st one is the same as the first100-200 or so minus a brand of resistor( he says they may have ran out or had a higher value or something or whatever just a possibility nothing concrete or certain) or whatnot(he can't confirm if they are any major differences). i assume they would be pretty close up until the board changed from C-D.

One thing Mike has never answered for me is why there is no REV E

• Members
Just what Mike B at mesa has told me ( which to no surprise Boogie Babies already has all this info).

I posted the pic or link of the No.1 on the boogie board a while back. All I know about the coveted no.1 recto is that the company in germany(famous i think is the name) is copying them and selling them(it won't sound like it of course but best of luck to them).

And as far as Schematics is concerned all i have found was REV RF-1F.

Sadly I can't comment on the details of the 1st series recto i don't have the knowledge on it to make anything concrete Mike says (and i say this loosely) that the 1st one is the same as the first100-200 or so minus a brand of resistor( he says they may have ran out or had a higher value or something or whatever just a possibility nothing concrete or certain) or whatnot(he can't confirm if they are any major differences). i assume they would be pretty close up until the board changed from C-D.

One thing Mike has never answered for me is why there is no REV E

Dropped_2_C my man, how have you been?:wave:

We actually found there was a rev E. Someone on the Boogie Board owns one.

Btw, don't waste your time with this guy. He's not interested in anything real...he's just looking for anything he can twist to support his pimp job.

• Members

Dropped_2_C my man, how have you been?
:wave:

We actually found there was a rev E. Someone on the Boogie Board owns one.

Btw, don't waste your time with this guy. He's not interested in anything real...he's just looking for anything he can twist to support his pimp job.

I have been good man i came close to losing my mom and all so i have been a bit spaced out man, I am pretty close to my mom she is in here mid to late 40's i think 46.

I would love to see the rev E. so what are the major changes to it versus F I wonder if he could do some clips or better yet compare it to a F or D?

also what rev( i am saying g) would you put a 8100ish? I got one from Dimebag a while ago I have been on a 2 channel frenzy lol. if i could get that e all i would need would be d and e (if the 8100ish one is a g) to have them all besides a and b of course lol.

EDIT: Also i like rectos sometimes i hate them but it's the love that cause's you to hate things at time. I just like to have them( I want all the revisions) i want them for nothing more than my own interest nothing elusive or special i do prefer the tone of the 2 channel's as far as dialing them in and all that.

But back to the point I collect these for my own amusement nothing more, nothing that makes them better than the next amp just something I prefer. And i feel like royalty with them(if I can get them all)

• Members
:lol:

It seems once people catch on to his bull{censored}, MrSandman starts crying troll.

After {censored}ing over that one kid, I'm surprised he wasn't banned from HC.

^^^^ Troll. This guy has harassed me for awhile now. I was forced to reported him to the MODS today because of this.

If anyone questions my trading etiquette, read here. This proves chucknutz is harassing and starting trouble on the boards. I hope he gets banned!

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1797563
http://acapella.harmony-central.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1775341&page=2&highlight=gear-vault

And here are some references:

Guitarted
cryptic1911
barneyc4
7stringofablick
Adam Poland
bassturd
Belt
Captain_howdy
coolwaterz
DarthGio
divadc
DracoAran
ericwylde
Eschaton
JimAnsell
killswitch_19
LPonayz
luke978
lumpy555
Mesa_Boogie
mfergel
Mister Zero
negative theory
NixerX
pert404
schecterguy
shreddersteve
suttree
vmann

If anyone has any concerns, please feel free to email me.

• Members

I have been good man i came close to losing my mom and all so i have been a bit spaced out man, I am pretty close to my mom she is in here mid to late 40's i think 46.

I would love to see the rev E. so what are the major changes to it versus F I wonder if he could do some clips or better yet compare it to a F or D?

also what rev( i am saying g) would you put a 8100ish? I got one from Dimebag a while ago I have been on a 2 channel frenzy lol. if i could get that e all i would need would be d and e (if the 8100ish one is a g) to have them all besides a and b of course lol.

Sorry to hear it man. Hope she's better.

That's definitely a G.

• Members

^^^^ Troll. This guy has harassed me for awhile now. I was forced to reported him to the MODS today because of this.

If anyone questions my trading etiquette, read here. This proves chucknutz is harassing and starting trouble on the boards. I hope he gets banned!

And here are some references:

Guitarted

cryptic1911

barneyc4

7stringofablick

Adam Poland

bassturd

Belt

Captain_howdy

coolwaterz

DarthGio

divadc

DracoAran

ericwylde

Eschaton

JimAnsell

killswitch_19

LPonayz

luke978

lumpy555

Mesa_Boogie

mfergel

Mister Zero

negative theory

NixerX

pert404

schecterguy

shreddersteve

suttree

vmann

If anyone has any concerns, please feel free to email me.

What about the kid you harassed by calling his Mom for bogus reasons? Then slandering him on the board?

Take your scam back to your {censored}ty eBay wanna-be site.

I just don't want to see another kid get screwed over by your BS. Anyone that questions it, just read the post I linked to above where MrSandman gets pwnd for scamming.

Archived