This was supposed to be an easy week...

MattACaster

• Members

Damn dude, that sucks! This is why I prefer engineering to IT (slightly). If the server takes a dump on Thanksgiving, you're gonna be at the office while I'm eating a turkey leg and watchin football!
;)

So true...

Nothing ruins a hobby faster than turning it into a career. ;)

• Members

So what happened? Did you get it fixed? If so, what did you do?

Not fixed yet. It's gone down 4 more times since I last posted.

Our domain controller is a Windows 2K3 machine running inside of our IBM iSeries. The theory floating around is that we are getting noise on one of our old Twinax lines that our terminal run on out in the shop and that is shutting the Windows server down. However, I just disconnected that controller and the damn thing shut down again. :mad:

• Members
Not fixed yet. It's gone down 4 more times since I last posted.

Our domain controller is a Windows 2K3 machine running inside of our IBM iSeries. The theory floating around is that we are getting noise on one of our old Twinax lines that our terminal run on out in the shop and that is shutting the Windows server down. However, I just disconnected that controller and the damn thing shut down again.
:mad:

Don't you love it? This is where the completely ignorant "boss" gets in your face and asks "What's wrong?? Don't you know how to fix the problem?? I can't be that difficult, right?"...and then you punch him in the face.

:mad:

• Members

I have this week off but I am currently doing some work for my degree (in IT)
and trying to get a little ahead, because there is a possibility I may have to work 3 weekends in a row (21days :freak:) soon (I work in IT and Com's).

Also this week I am learning some Microsoft Qualifications as I am a contractor and people seem to want qualifications more and more.

My wife has also moaned that I have a week of and I am not taking her out anywhere, so tomorrow I am taking my wife out.... and baby sitting our son while she goes out shopping with a friend in London. Which is fine but its another thing eating into my week)

I thought this week would be a nice easy week a little studying pop out see my friends have a jam play some games on the computer, hump the wife....
Like {censored}.

Oh well I am going to have a jam with my brother in 30 min (he's a great drummer).

• Members

We had two t1's go down this morning which brought down EIGHT banks (all customers of ours) in my area.....and I'm the only tech here today......CRAP!!!

It is a monday...

Sounds kind of like what I had going on last week. One of our firewalls kept locking up. It kept dropping the VPNs to the other branches and wouldn't allow any traffic through it. :(

• Members

Nah. It's not really a PC. It's a virtual machine inside our IBM iSeries

VM Ware??? If so !!WOOT!! We use there stuff and I just talked to the exec vp at an ingram micro confrence last week in san diego.

Sounds kind of like what I had going on last week. One of our firewalls kept locking up. It kept dropping the VPNs to the other branches and wouldn't allow any traffic through it.

Yeah, our xywall are having troubles lately.....but.....it's still better than sonic walls.

• Members

VM Ware??? If so !!WOOT!! We use there stuff and I just talked to the exec vp at an ingram micro confrence last week in san diego.

Yeah, our xywall are having troubles lately.....but.....it's still better than sonic walls.

Nah, not VMWare. Just whatever proprietary thing IBM uses for their IXS machines.

• Members
But no....

Got called into work early this monring because our domain controller went down. This means no e-mail or network drives for anyone....

Is it to early to start drinking?
:freak:

o man,

don't you have a secondary DC running? it also means if you have child domains they are teh bye bye

:cry:

• Members

Nah, not VMWare. Just whatever proprietary thing IBM uses for their IXS machines.

ohh.. is that like lpar / logical partitioning? we almost bought a crazy setup with that for our two p5 series servers. I think we went with something like quad quadcore procs and 64gb on them instead

Archived