Need help picking out speakers...

bohemoth

• Members

So I was just thinking I'd get some warehouse v30s and everything would be good. I ordered them, but started reading more reviews and kind of freaked out and cancelled the order. I was going to X them with g12T75s in two different cabs, a marshall 1960a and a peavey 412f (huge cab...2 2x12s stacked in the same cab). I am pretty satisfied with the g12T75s, i like the deep low end, but at high volumes the ear shattering highs are a little annoying, just really fatigues my ears. I play moderate gain stuff through a vtm120. Usually what i play is crossover, closer to hardcore. Influences like cro-mags, inside out, quicksand but all the way up to crowbar/eyehategod/down territory. Any reccomendations?

• Members

So I was just thinking I'd get some warehouse v30s and everything would be good. I ordered them, but started reading more reviews and kind of freaked out and cancelled the order. I was going to X them with g12T75s in two different cabs, a marshall 1960a and a peavey 412f (huge cab...2 2x12s stacked in the same cab). I am pretty satisfied with the g12T75s, i like the deep low end, but at high volumes the ear shattering highs are a little annoying, just really fatigues my ears. I play moderate gain stuff through a vtm120. Usually what i play is crossover, closer to hardcore. Influences like cro-mags, inside out, quicksand but all the way up to crowbar/eyehategod/down territory. Any reccomendations?

i actually went through a few speakers for my vtm 60 and settled on (get ready for it.... ) jensen mod 12-35. they are lightweight, and sound great. i preferred them (for the VTM60) over V30s, GT-75, Mesa Black Shadows, Emi Swamp Thangs. you may need a higher wattage mod series, and then, i think their tonal characteristics change. anyway, the mod12-35s sound great with my vtm, but don't match up as well for my classic50 head, which will need some greenies.

ymmv

:wave:

• Members

please help. i'm looking for the bass of the g12t75s without the annoying ringing highs. Anything with a substantial amount of low end. Would the v30s maybe do this inside the peavey cabinet? Please give descriptions of the sound with your reccomendations, too.

• Members

please help. i'm looking for the bass of the g12t75s without the annoying ringing highs. Anything with a substantial amount of low end. Would the v30s maybe do this inside the peavey cabinet? Please give descriptions of the sound with your reccomendations, too.

You may want to check out the G12K-100's.

• Members

You may want to check out the G12K-100's.

yeah i looked at those, they look cool but they're damn expensive. I've got all kinds of reviews saying that v30s are super bassy and others saying they've got no bass at all. Its just so misleading, and nobody I know has any that I can check out.

• Members

If you're going to spend more, definitely go with Scumbacks. Otherwise just buy used Celestion or Weber. Besides being cheaper they should be more broken in. V30's and 75's are not the ear bleeders they're made out to be and in fact, sound great especially when run together.

Archived