Singer Kevin DuBrow of Quiet Riot dead?

Pete

• Members

Just saw this in the news this morning and surprised no threads about this. I know I'll probably catch alot of flack for this but they had some (ok a few) good songs and he'll definitely be missed in the rock n roll community. Does anyone know how he died?

• Members

I used the search function for dubrow and nothing pulled up.....

Try using the "Search this Forum" function on the right instead of regular search. I come us "snake eyes" all the time with regular search too, even though I KNOW there are threads that match my search criteria.

• Members

Oh lord, he was such a prick you wouldnt believe it. My band opened up for them in about 1998 at this rock club about four miles from my house. We played there once every 4-6 weeks or so, kind of our home base if you will. Anyways, when the bus arrived he was strutting around in there with two girls, one on each arm and wearing a coon skin cap like Davey Crockett. He thought he was something else, sitting off in a corner booth eating a Gyro( this place is owned by a greek) Wouldnt even utter a word to any one of us in our band. Didnt see hide nor hair of anyone else in the band until showtime, none of them talked either!!! LOL The only cool guy in the whole thing was their drum tech, he sat at our drummers electronic drum kit for about 2 1/2 hours pounding away, until the rest of the guys in his crew made him get off of them.

• Members

Oh lord, he was such a prick you wouldnt believe it. My band opened up for them in about 1998 at this rock club about four miles from my house. We played there once every 4-6 weeks or so, kind of our home base if you will. Anyways, when the bus arrived he was strutting around in there with two girls, one on each arm and wearing a coon skin cap like Davey Crockett. He thought he was something else, sitting off in a corner booth eating a Gyro( this place is owned by a greek) Wouldnt even utter a word to any one of us in our band. Didnt see hide nor hair of anyone else in the band until showtime, none of them talked either!!! LOL The only cool guy in the whole thing was their drum tech, he sat at our drummers electronic drum kit for about 2 1/2 hours pounding away, until the rest of the guys in his crew made him get off of them.

I don't know man, I don't really see any reason to fault him for that. He wasn't friendly. It's not like he actually did anything to you other than not talk to you. I'm sure he had to put up with a lot of crap from stupid fans, etc. that it became more trouble than it's worth. It's always nice when rock stars, movie stars, etc. try to talk to everybody and not let it get to them that they're accosted by people wanting to ask them the exact same questions every time, however, that takes a lot of effort and a really good sport. besides, in 1998, he probably had feelings of bitterness and being washed up mixed in with all of the aforementioned stuff.

• Members
I don't know man, I don't really see any reason to fault him for that. He wasn't friendly. It's not like he actually did anything to you other than not talk to you. I'm sure he had to put up with a lot of crap from stupid fans, etc. that it became more trouble than it's worth. It's always nice when rock stars, movie stars, etc. try to talk to everybody and not let it get to them that they're accosted by people wanting to ask them the exact same questions every time, however, that takes a lot of effort and a really good sport. besides, in 1998, he probably had feelings of bitterness and being washed up mixed in with all of the aforementioned stuff.

fair enough :thu:

Archived